FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/21/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8998-7-day-motivational-thread-1-21-13-a.html)

Robingen 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

For today's green smoothie I used kale (organic), banana (organic) melon, pineapple and strawberries (left over fruit tray). No additives at all. It was even better than Sunday's. The fruit completely masks the taste of the kale. Kinda high in carbs for those counting but very low cal and nutritious for those who are not. A great way for the busy people to get their fruits and veg in and before 7am!

Mern 01-22-2013 12:39 AM

Joanna, wishing you a great day.

Cassie, way to go on your Monday report! When's the boy's driving test?

Mike, ready, set, go!

Lily, wishing you a better day two.

Robin, I love kale--I THINK I like it even not cooked. I could do the melon and strawberries. Going to the store this morning--may get some kale. Thanks!

cjohnson728 01-22-2013 12:48 AM

Mern, have you ever made kale chips? I haven't, but my niece says they're fantastic.

Think I'm going to schedule for Feb 15...it's the next day school is out that the DMV is open. :eek:

Robin, thanks for the ideas! I keep thinking I want to try it but I hate cold drinks in the winter :o.

Have a great day, all...I'm off for an assessment but will be back later.

dmartz 01-22-2013 01:48 AM

Mon

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 166,
  • Exercise > 30 mins x 3:
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: Y(4)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 82
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1445
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): (Lots of fresh fruit)
Same goals as last week, without the obsession goal. It occurred to me that some might consider logging everything I eat as an obsession. But I've come to view it as a strength rather than a character flaw. I'll just call it 'Focus.'

Hope: Perhaps your daughter was a bit testy because she was going back to school and you were going on vacation?

Joanna: Don't give up on your goals! In my experence, the scale always moves discretely, rather than continuously. Stuck in one place for seemingly ever, then it will take a big jump, one way or the other!

Mern: Congrats on your successes!

canary52 01-22-2013 03:31 AM

Ok so small goals (still on vaca)
1) Plan meals - yes
2) get close to plan -meh
3) meditate (I have been and it's been amazing) yes
4) STRETCH (ditto) yes
5) Write as much as possible -no

Plan:
eggs and sf ww roll fresh from bakery - yes
chicken and salad yes
grilled fish or lobster and veg - both grilled fish and lobster (split with DH) but also a baked potato, one and a half small pieces o fbreas and a taste of DH's plaintains
snacks:
fruit -pineapple, strawberries
nuts - sf cinnamon almonds
kippers -goat cheese

but also pretzels, half a beer and a half can of ginger ale.

canary52 01-22-2013 03:33 AM

plan:

muesli and soy milk
eggs
grilled chicken or grileld lobster
veg or salad

snacks
fruit
kippers
nuts

Mern 01-22-2013 03:35 AM

Cassie, no I've never made kale chips. But I will definitely look into it. I bought fresh kale this morning. Thanks! :) It'll be so nice when your son starts driving. You know he's had good training and a lot of practice and it'll likely free up some time for yourself.

Donna, nice goals. I don't think anyone here would consider logging everything you eat as an obsession. I think most of us strive to log everything and I do believe it's one of the keys to success. Personally, I have to log every bit of food that goes into my mouth to manage my health and for any way of eating I've ever followed.

Monday Report:
Day 5 of 21 Day Metabolism Makeover

Follow plan guidelines for meal/snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. YES
Calorie minimum 1200 1239
Sat fat limit 10% of total calories 7%
Net carb limit 25g 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 26g
Dietary cholesterol under 250mg per day 249
Protein 120g minimum 173g
Water 64 oz. (I can't do the plan's 96 oz.) YES
Exercise 5 days (I won't do plan's 6 days) YES

Today's menu:
Breakfast scrambled Egg Beaters with chicken, brussels sprouts and roasted red pepper sauce (boy, was that good!)
Lunch: chicken wrap with spinach, broccoli slaw
Dinner: casserole of turkey sausage, low carb pasta, tomatoes, green pepper and onion, sliced cucumbers
Snacks: choose from green smoothies, almonds, strawberries. and will try some kale chips if I have time.

cemk52 01-22-2013 03:36 AM

End of 1st Week Using FitDay

Hi all! I was a bit confused yesterday, couldn't find any discussion in the old thread. Didn't realize started a new thread each week! I found you guys anyway, can't hide from me.:D

Weather in the Chicago area is cold! Was -1 this morning, going up to a whopping 10 degrees.

I completed my first full week of dieting with a 3.6 lb. loss. My averages for the week were:

1,384 calories, 59 from fat and 16 from saturated fat
Carbs: 189
Fiber: 24
Protein: 63

Have a great day!

canary52 01-22-2013 03:37 AM

Mern, thanks for the welcome and for asking after me. Thank you to all who missed me (and even to those who didn't!!!) Your plan soudn delicious!! I have "menu envy." Food here is crazy exoenwsive 9and not jsut lobster I mean everything.)

Joanna, I feel your pain. I feel like these last ten pounds willNEVER come off. But let's not give up. I ahve friends who are onthis eating plan, Take Shape for Life. I was tempted to try it but not dissing anyone's plan, I am not big on pre packaged food. I am struggling so hard to do this with "real food."

Cassie, I have not had homemeade kale chips but i have gotten them many times in the health food store amd loved them. I bet they are healthier homemade. They are surprisingly high in calories and fat from the store but that is probably due to what they add to increase the yummy factor.

Hi Caty!!! Glad you "caught" us!!!

OK computer seems to be going nuts...

Mern 01-22-2013 03:43 AM

Hope, your planning meals on vacation is just awesome! I don't have the fortitude to do that. And, oh yum, doesyour menu sound delicious! Eating that well will probably negate the little extra controlled portions of treats of pretzels, beer, and ginger ale. :) Wishing you another fantastic day!