• Lift weights @ gym > 30 mins:
  • Exercise @ Home > 30 mins x 2:
  • Eat Vegetables > 3 servings/day: N(1),
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 39
  • Total Calories < 1750 / day: 1206
  • Less Sugar intake (subjective): N
  • Be less obsessive (subjective): ~
Donna

Didn't do a thing all day, except sneeze. Ate white bread. Drank fresh orange juice. Didn't work out.

Last edited by dmartz; 01-15-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Mon.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Had a great day yesterday except that I'm on day 5 of my plateau. I think that my calories might be a little low, so I'm going to try to increase them by about 150 to see if that works.

Spent all day yesterday cleaning and doing wash now that daughter has gone back to school. I miss the days (high school) when Christmas vacation was over January 2nd, not January 14th! I feel like I've lost half a month.

Have a great day and stay warm... it was -6 when I woke up this morning after nearly a week in the 40's. (...a January heatwave for us!)
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Red face Started Today (January 15th)

My name is Caty. I'm 60 years old and retired from my job in April. Need to lose weight mainly to provide relief to my arthritic joints. I weighed in at 189.2 this morning. My goal is to get to 145 lbs by the fall.

I'm using the Seattle Sutton Healthy Eating program. My goals for this week are:

Eat only the foods allowed
Drink more water
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Caty! Welcome to our group. I'm happy to report that although I haven't lost a whole lot of weight, the little I did lose so far with the aid of exercise has greatly alleviated my aches and pains. Best wishes with your program. I hope to see you here daily.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile Thanks Mern for the welcome!

It good to see someone in my age group. I'm also going to the gym three times a week. My fitness center also has a joint tune up program that is endorsed by the American Arthritis Association. We do joint exercises in the water. Water is typically 86 to 87 degrees, which makes it easier to get in the water. I've been doing this since right after labor day. That's another of my weekly goals: fitness training 3 days a week and joint tune up. I'm also in physical therapy for my knees which I'm doing 3 days a week. I counting that as exercise! It has helped me. Probably another months worth of PT. I'm really trying to get moving. I know during the winter months I want to sit and curl up with a good book. At least in the spring, summer and fall I can be out in my garden.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

I go MIA for a day and come back to page 3.

I will update later today. Mondays are super hectic, my food choices started off good (besides not having time for lunch). I had to skip the gym just to find time to eat supper. Later, at pool league I got hungry and had a cheeseburger and fries. Gotta love a pool hall that serves food.

Today has been good but I know I need to try to eat more. If not I'll probably pig out later.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, dinner was soooo yummy. Mexican Sausage and Tortilla Lasagna made with low carb tortillas with a side of sweet & sour cucumbers. I'm glad I stayed on track for food so I could enjoy it. If anyone is interested, the recipe is in the Low Carb thread of the Food Forum. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post94348 post (permalink) #38 1/15/2013

Caty, you're welcome for the welcome. There are a few more here in our age group. I think I'm either the oldest or second oldest. Kudos on going to the gym three times a week. I'd certainly count the PT for knees as exercise. That joint tune up program sounds wonderful. One of the perks of my health insurance is that they pay for membership at the Y for people age 65 and older. So I do the Silver Sneakers Cardio Circuit that uses light impact aerobics with the aid of balls, resistance bands, and hand weights. I progressed to that from the more mild Silver Sneakers Muscle Strength and Range of Motion class. That's three times a week but if I don't get to the gym I do my Walk Away the Pounds For Abs aerobic walking DVD-- and then the other two days I go it alone on the elliptical, stationary bike, and weight machines (only four of them-- abs, back extension, triceps press, and torso rotation.) To be honest, I'd rather curl up with a good book any of the 365 days of the year. Sometimes I have to be strongly encourage by the group to get back to exercise as I sometimes am a slacker. Wonderful that you enjoy gardening. My DH does the garden and I prepare and enjoy the food he grows.

Mike, good for you for exercising your back and shoulders in the pool hall--and elbows getting the pool hall food to your lips.

Last edited by Mern; 01-15-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Mern,
I really enjoyed my dinner tonight, too! I made baked cod, baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sugar (I know it sounds strange, but it's SO good!) and fruit and yogurt parfaits. Easy and so good!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - yep me too, it's always about time.......If I had time to properly prepare meals, if I had time to go to the gym, lol. I get it completely. Three days a week I don't go home for supper, this is really challenging me for planning (I am doing pretty good at bringing my lunch now). It's pretty rough when you have to choose between gym and supper.

Hey Mern I am so impressed to learn about the classes you go to at the Y. Getting exercise in is my strong point and I have to say you have to to be doing stuff you like so you look forward to it. I used to hate our bitter Canadian winters and stay inside all winter til I discovered that I love snowshoeing. Do you do yoga? At the Y?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day: M - Y, T - Y
2.) Follow C25k program: M - Y, T - off
3.) Walk to car at least x4: M - Y, T - Y
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: M - Y, T - Y
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto): Made some adjustments, fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.