Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/14/13

Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

It was a little harder today pre-logging a planned menu into the nutrition tracker here because I have leftovers in the fridge to get rid of and DH, although he usually eats whatever I prepare, is not in the mood to finish up leftovers. But I did it and my planned menu meets all my nutrition goals.

Breakfast: lean, preservative free roast beef, cucumber and spinach wrap

morning snack: protein shake

Lunch: turkey chef salad with ranch dressing

Snack: another protein shake

Dinner: last of the roast beef, yellow squash, sweet & sour cucumber, brussels sprouts

Evening snack: strawberries and Light Laughing Cow Cheese wedge

Socornish, welcome. My best tip is to pre-plan your daily menu and portion sizes and pre-log it into the nutrition tracker to be sure to meet your nutrition targets. Be sure to log the wine so you see how many calories you'll be consuming from that. And, no, it doesn't count as servings of fruit.

Limarose, your poster is nothing short of inspirational. Good for you for already knowing what to do and how to do it. That's half the battle.

Robin, major kudos on meeting your goals and getting in intense exercise!

Joanna, kudos on your calories Friday and on the major progress figuring out your basal rates.

Tori, glad to see you checking in and being in a winning mode.

Donna, very nice Friday report! Way to go, girl!

OK, I'm gonna make myself go exercise now. If I don't I'll probably slack off today again.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: enjoy your workout. I love what you said about the pre-planning and pre-logging I can SO see the truth of that. Right now I am solely tracking calories and maybe someday I will up the ante and start looking at contents of foods. Right now I am pre-planning the "challenging" meals and logging everything after the fact.

Hi Limarose nice to meet you. Your start weights and goals weights are very similar to mine within a few pounds. I too know what works for me even though I go through months of not doing it.

I am getting better at cooking stuff, packing my lunch so the take out is going way down. Good for the budget as well.

I was at Tae Kwon do this am, I teach this every tuesday and sat. It's not nearly as intense as it sounds because I do a lot of watching and holding pads and stuff. Don't get the workout the students get. The class is 1.5 hours and I am only logging 30 mins for an activity because the FITDAY calories burn estimate for martial arts is way high and does not reflect how much standing around goes on.

Robin
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, thanks--I did finish my workout and it was a little more fun since I popped my aerobic walking DVD into the computer in the living room and watched TV while I was exercising. Using the nutrition tracker to tally calories is a good start. And pre-planning your challenging meals is really great. Kudos on that! My doc's words are always in the back of my mind: "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you USED to be." This is not preaching--just telling you that I don't analyze all the tallies in my nutrition tracker, either, but find it a really valuable tool. Besides using the FitDay nutrition tracker database, each time I buy a new brand name food from the store, or something not listed in the nutrition tracker, I enter that nutrition info. as a custom food so I can go by that serving size and nutritional content. I actually look at my nutrition tracker daily tallies for only calories, saturated fat, protein, dietary cholesterol, fiber, and net carbs after deducting fiber. But now on my new metabolism boosting plan I must also be sure to not exceed total fat for each meal, so the nutrition tracker is helpful for that, too.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome socornish!
Good going to all the ladies for finishing the week strong. Hope "The Slacker" (his words) is picking up the pace!
Wow Mern, if I ate that for dinner I would have to sleep alone!!

Had a good morning with my friend.
Jenn
Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome. I hope the poster will motivate me to stay on track: IT's called "Positive Choices I can Make today that Make Positive Change Tomorrow" because "Fitness Goals" just never has worked for me! Click on the title to see the poster. There is also a quote by Jillian Michaels that I liked. I walked 30 minutes this morning and it's my first exercise in 2 weeks. I had a cardiac procedure Friday 1/11 and was just cleared for walking yesterday. I felt a little tired and weak afterwards but I'm glad I just went out and did it. doc says I can start back running in 2 weeks and to build up slowly.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Limarose, I could get to your poster by your prior post that had the link in blue for click HERE which was for http://flickr.com/gp/28169399@N07/B0h53z , but in your last post the link for your poster came up on Flicker that it was a private photo until I signed up for a flicker account. Maybe I did something wrong...but I see it now via either link. Kudos on your walk, especially in view of just having a cardiac procedure on the 11th! Best wishes on your speedy total recovery.

Jenn, why would you have to sleep alone after eating my dinner? The brussels sprouts causing er, uhm, flatulence? They don't bother me if I stick to the 85g serving which is about six sprouts. I love them but my carb restriction prevents me from overindulging.

Last edited by Mern; 01-19-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all. It's Saturday evening and I just finished dinner. I had a little over 1400 calories yesterday. Little bit less so far tonight, but it is only 6:20 p.m. Not much in the way of exercise today - grandkids gifted me with their colds. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Just checking in to let you know that I'm still alive. I finally got off my butt and tried that thing where you put one foot in front of the other in an effort to propel your body forward. I only did 4 1/2 miles, but it's a start. Tomorrow I plan of being on the bike all day, supposed to ride out to a racetrack in NOLA tomorrow. When I get back I'll knock out another 2-3 miles.

If I have some nice weather next week I'll try to knock out 10 miles.

I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Less than or around 1400 calories/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y, F - Y, S - Y
2.) Follow C25k program: M - Y, T - off, W - off (sort of - I'm reorganizing my workout routine, but I did exercise!), Th - exercised, F - no exercise, S - ran
3.) Walk to car at least x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y x2, F - N, S - N/A
4.) Drink 64 oz. water/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - I think so, Th - not quite, F - not quite, S - no
5.) Figure out basal rates (pronto): good enough

I ran 4 miles today, and I'm quite pleased with myself about it The last mile and I were NOT friends, though. Probably due to the fact that the last mile and a half was uphill - I mean, not way uphill, but enough to take a toll!

I've been uber craving chocolate recently - ask my facebook friends, every other status is about wanting chocolate! So I bought some Dove dark chocolate today, and I'm hoping one or two at night will stave off the cravings.

Mern - you're always so encouraging! Thank you. I hope your new plan is working alright.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Caty, well done on your calories through 6:20PM Saturday. Did you have enough leeway for a sensible snack before bed? Aw, sorry 'bout your cold. Wishing you and your grandkids a speedy recovery. How old are your grandkids? We have 7 (3 boys and 4 girls) ranging from 27 down to age 8.

Mike, 4 1/2 miles is something to crow about! Way to go! Enjoy the biking tomorrow.

Joanna, great report! OMG, that last mile and a half uphill sounds torturous--even if it wasn't WAY uphill. My hat is off to you! Enjoy the Dove. I've never had it, but have heard it's delicious. I eat Bakers Unsweetened Baking Chocolate when I crave chocolate if I don't have any Hershey's Sugar Free Special Dark. I've also been known to just wet down Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder--crazy, I know, but it's the chocolate I crave--it doesn't have to be sweet. Well, thank you for YOUR encouragement. I'm not supposed to weigh until I've completed 21 days of the metabolism makeover, but I couldn't resist--weighed this morning and found I'm down 2 1/2 lbs. in two days, so I feel quite encouraged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.