Notices

Here Goes Nothing...

Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here Goes Nothing...

Okay, I am on day 4 of turning my health around...so far it's been unbelievably difficult! My original goal was to start eating healthier and then gradually move up to putting in some exercise time.

What I can't seem to do is stay full! I'm working within my calorie budget and trying to have as many vegetables I can get as well as protein and fibre. But by the time I get home from work, most of my calories have been used, but I'm starving and ready for dinner.

What do I do? I'm really determined to stick with this diet, but I don't want to be hungry all the time!

*Lisa
Old 01-09-2013, 12:02 PM

maybe your daily calories are too low to start off with? A lot of people try eating more protein to stay fuller longer.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

how many calories are you eating per day? I agree that protein choices will help keep you fuller for a longer period of time! I find, if I have eaten a meal with alot more carbs than anything else, Im starving again within a couple of hours so I try not to do that, whenever possible.

Good luck let us know how its going...
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to focus on more protein and less carbs. Right now I'm eating up to 1800 calories, which is the suggestion I was given from FD. I'm hoping that it will get easier with time...I honestly think that I'm addicted to sugar because I never feel satisfied until I have carbs or something sweet!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LNS03
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to focus on more protein and less carbs. Right now I'm eating up to 1800 calories, which is the suggestion I was given from FD. I'm hoping that it will get easier with time...I honestly think that I'm addicted to sugar because I never feel satisfied until I have carbs or something sweet!
I think I am addicted to sugar as well, and it took a few days to get rid of those cravings. In the past I learned that giving in to the craving (having a little treat) just brought the cravings on more. If I am eating low carb and no sugary treats, voila! no cravings. But it takes a few days (maybe a week) for the withdrawal.

One thing I think is really impt is to be able to distinguish between hunger and cravings.

Also I find that a cup of green tea helps me when I feel like snacking. It seems to take that snacking urge away.

Robin
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robingen
I think I am addicted to sugar as well, and it took a few days to get rid of those cravings. In the past I learned that giving in to the craving (having a little treat) just brought the cravings on more. If I am eating low carb and no sugary treats, voila! no cravings. But it takes a few days (maybe a week) for the withdrawal.

One thing I think is really impt is to be able to distinguish between hunger and cravings.

Also I find that a cup of green tea helps me when I feel like snacking. It seems to take that snacking urge away.

Robin
+1

Excellent points.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I've been hearing a lot of good things about green tea, actually. Maybe I'll give that a shot...I'm also realizing that my cravings don't start until after dinner time. When I'm at work and keeping busy, I don't feel as hungry and when I am I can stick with raw veggies and other low calorie snacks. But, once I go home, and after my dinner, all of a sudden I feel like I could eat everything in the whole house! Maybe I need to continue keeping myself busy until I go to bed for the night...
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LNS03
I've been hearing a lot of good things about green tea, actually. Maybe I'll give that a shot...I'm also realizing that my cravings don't start until after dinner time. When I'm at work and keeping busy, I don't feel as hungry and when I am I can stick with raw veggies and other low calorie snacks. But, once I go home, and after my dinner, all of a sudden I feel like I could eat everything in the whole house! Maybe I need to continue keeping myself busy until I go to bed for the night...
It's kinda strange for me about the green tea because I don't particularly like it, and I definitely don't crave it! It does not appeal to me at all as far as the snacking urge goes. But for some strange reason by the time I am halfway through and as I finish it I don't want a snack anymore. Even when my husband is sitting next to me eating chips or other junk.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

What time in the morning do you eat breakfast? I am always hungry the week before my period, just hungry all day. Hope you find what works for you.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

The smell of green tea puts me off! Plus I'm a coffee drinker, so it's even less appealing! But I guess I should give it a try...can't hurt.

During the week I eat breakfast at 8am and then I'm starving by the time 10am rolls around. I usually eat a bowl of low carb and high protein cereal. I know I should probably eat eggs, but I can't stomach them in the morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.