Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Old 01-10-2013, 02:25 AM

quinn, good for you on the loss!

Cassie and dmartz, you both are doing super well this week so far. Except the sleep. Is it because you stay up to late or do you suffer from insomnia? I could not survive on that little sleep. Hope it improves for you!

I was worried that I was going to far over my calorie limit, but I got on the scale this morning and in 10 days I have lost 4.5 lbs! yea! I'm sure some of it was water retention, but I don't really care what kind of weight it is...it's not on me anymore.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm sure Hope would love to come back this way.
Yup. ops! I mean "si ." Jaja.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Nice job, Lisa - I agree, whatever kind of weight it is, I'm just glad when it's gone!

So, interesting problem I'm having... I've started drinking a lot less coffee in the past couple of weeks - not actually on purpose, just haven't been in the mood for it as much, I guess. Anyway, as I've said before, I never skimped on my half and half, because I just liked it, darn it! But now I have like 300 extra calories floating around to use, which is good when I'm hungry, but when I'm not, I'm not sure what to do with them. So my question is - what is the best time of day to use those calories? Breakfast? My breakfasts are pretty low calorie now - usually Greek yogurt with some fruit, only about 150 calories. I could add more, although that usually gets me through 'til noon. Although, as I'm saying that, my stomach is rumbling, and it's 10:40... Opinions?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ah bueno. Ahora entiendo. Por cierto, no saben español. Estoy teniendo para utilizar un traductor. Los que aquí que no saben español o utilizar un traductor probablemente piensa que estoy realmente inteligente! Jaja
Hablo como una nina estupido. Jaja. Tu sabes mas Espanol que me.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) stretch every day: Yes, Yes, yes
2) plan food (seems to be working): Yes, Yes, yes
3) stay close to plan: Ummm, no Yes?
4) drink 6 glasses of water: 6, 7 IDK5) keep track of water: Yes, yes No
6) meditate (it really helps): Yes, yes, yes
7) practice Spanish at least a half hour a day if not more: Si, Nada quince minutos
8) be professional: Yes, yes ish, got a "consultation"
9) Do not JAD, explain I think is OK (justify, argue, defend): Yes, yes no, argued
10) Light exercise 3x min this week without doing anything to further upset my back or knees: NO, NO, NO

CANNOT keep up with the posts, may try later.

Last edited by canary52; 01-10-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
ham and egg whites yes
turkey sandwich yes and 1/2 a ham and cheese for snack
burger, no bun, veg or salad or sushi and soup (will be out) turkey burger and salad
Snacks:
nuts, yes almonds with raisins
clementines -apple
cheese
fruit

two bites sugar free cheese cake, one bite regular

I'm gonna count this as OK
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

eggs whites and ham
chicken breast and salad
chicken thighs and veg
nuts
fruit
lox or sardines
Vitamuffin or 94% ff popcorn
Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
quinn, good for you on the loss!

I was worried that I was going to far over my calorie limit, but I got on the scale this morning and in 10 days I have lost 4.5 lbs! yea! I'm sure some of it was water retention, but I don't really care what kind of weight it is...it's not on me anymore.
4.5 lbs!! That's wonderful! It doesn't matter where it comes from... just smile knowing that it's GONE!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Nice job, Lisa - I agree, whatever kind of weight it is, I'm just glad when it's gone!

So, interesting problem I'm having... I've started drinking a lot less coffee in the past couple of weeks - not actually on purpose, just haven't been in the mood for it as much, I guess. Anyway, as I've said before, I never skimped on my half and half, because I just liked it, darn it! But now I have like 300 extra calories floating around to use, which is good when I'm hungry, but when I'm not, I'm not sure what to do with them. So my question is - what is the best time of day to use those calories? Breakfast? My breakfasts are pretty low calorie now - usually Greek yogurt with some fruit, only about 150 calories. I could add more, although that usually gets me through 'til noon. Although, as I'm saying that, my stomach is rumbling, and it's 10:40... Opinions?
Here's my suggestion...

Either don't add anything to compensate the extra 300 calories, if you feel ok at that level or add something very high fiber around that amount... say granola or something similar to your yogurt to make your body digest it more slowly. That should fix the "rumbly tumbly" as Pooh would say.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

My lovelies. I'll likely be MIA today. I pulled my back out and it's bad this time. The slightest move feels like a spasm. I'll try to check in later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.