Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie--The Jassi Cat is doing well. She still isn't allowed at WHN's place (stupid landlord) so I have to go back and forth to Momma and Daddy's to see her. But with WHN on second shift now, I actually have MORE time to see her. I don't have to rush home to see him before he goes to sleep for a few hours and then to work. Now, I can go to the parentals' and spend a good bit of time with her before coming home. WHN and I are saving for a new JC friendly home. He was originally aiming for roughly a year to a year and a half from his coming home, but now he's leaning toward as soon as possible. He's realized that the landlord is lazy and it's too far from both of our jobs. I'll have to keep y'all posted on that. You're off to a good start this week, keep it up!!

Joanna--Thanks for asking about me. Life has just been crazy, ya know? But a good crazy. I'm with you with just a few goals. I'm trying to ease my way back into the craziness around here

Krystal--good to see you back at it! Good luck with your classes. I've thought about going back to school, just not sure what I'd take. WHN is going to use the GI Bill to finish up his degree, which is awesome! Your goals look good. Do you mind sharing your new homemade meal ideas? I'm always looking for new meals. I get tired of the same ole same ole.

Hope--your goals are looking GOOD this week. You just gotta work on the light exercise, but you've got plenty of time this week. I have complete faith in ya! And don't worry about posting your menus, if it works to have it here on FD, then I say GO for it!!

Kimbur--welcome back to you too! I say as I have been hit or miss around here for months When is your 1/2?

Molly--welcome to the madness. Don't pay any attention to me and Mike, we have our own little world that we live in, and sometimes we like to confuse the heck out of our friends here at Fitday Your goals look good this week. Good luck with them.

Mern--MERN???? Where'd you go? You still gathering rocks to throw at Mike???

Ama--thanks for the welcome back. It feels good to have my "me time" again. I miss having the time to catch up with all y'all. I wish I had the patience for scrapbooking. WHN's sister gave me a small scrapbooking kit for Christmas, just don't know if I'll make the time to use it. I do like crafts though. Those that were around Christmas 2011 got to see my handwork at homemade blankets. I also love needlework and hand embroidery. I've done a few scarves this winter, and have a few more to make....just waiting for Hobby Lobby to get the yarn back in.

BUBBA!--I'm bbbaaaccckkkk. Now you have to put up with me in two forms of communication again! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And IDWATNTKIHAHOBO, TWIBMFTWG. And know, ewe don't have tu explane everthang too me. Geez!!

Okay, I think I've covered everybody. If I missed someone, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

Today was a good day as far as my goals are, not so great on the home front. It's a good thing I haven't set a specific calorie limit. I'm trying to ease back into this. I've eaten how I've wanted for way too long, and I need to get it under control. Tuesday at work was a Tuesday at work....BUSY! Then when on the way home I saw something I never wanted to see. One of the doggies that WHN and I have been taking care of was hit by a car. The dogs are technically WHN's niece's, but since she's moved back to her dad's, we've been taking care of them. It was definitely NOT what I wanted to see laying in the road this evening. I'm not even sure if WHN knows yet. He loves those little dogs. I called WHN's sister, to see if her husband could get Bubba (the dog, not Mike) out of the road. They live two houses up from us. I tried to get Bubba out of the road, but Boss (the other doggie) was all up in my business and I didn't want him in the road too long for fear that he'd get hit too. Boss is going to miss Bubba, they were best buds. Anywho. I'm going to go watch some tv before I have to head to bed. Working on Wednesdays is still new to me. After 10+ years of having them off, my body doesn't understand why it has to get up early on Wednesdays now
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Krystal--good to see you back at it! Good luck with your classes. I've thought about going back to school, just not sure what I'd take. WHN is going to use the GI Bill to finish up his degree, which is awesome! Your goals look good. Do you mind sharing your new homemade meal ideas? I'm always looking for new meals. I get tired of the same ole same ole.
Thanks Tori! Taking just two weeks off made me feel bleh! I'm actually going for my MBA in Quantitative Analysis, and hopefully my doctorate after that! Exciting but arduous at the same time lol

I don't mind sharing my meals! I'm sure I'll be doing repeats from the past few months that I'll put up here too! Today wasn't anything special - Tempeh with orange and honey glaze (did it quick, so literally pan-fried the tempeh and then cooked it in OJ and finished with a little honey on top), and cucumber salad. I love to julienne different cucumbers and red, yellow, and orange peppers (for colour!) and then add blush wine vinaigrette for it to soak in.

Glad everyone is doing well! It's nice to have the support back! G'night everyone!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, there are so many posts. This is so exciting.

Now that the "term" is back in and scheduling is hectic I need to start documenting my goals too. I am not there yet as far as meal planning (even though I was burned by this yesterday).

1. Log every day
2. Cals 1200-1400
3. Exercise at least 5x a week
4. Read posts on this thread.
5. Replace a coffee with cream with green tea once per day.

Mern- did you ever come back from your cardio class?

Robin
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Krystal, nice to see you back at it! Those classes sound really hard! lol

Cassie, I'm sorry you're feeling sniffly. I hope you get over it quick and feel better.

Tori...Soooo sorry about the dog! That's so sad

My mom gave me a recipe last week that she invented, and I tweaked it just a smidge when I made it tonight. It was sooooo good! Low cal too! I don't know what to call other than Green Enchilada Chicken Soup. Soooo tasty. It was a big hit at my house. I'll post the recipe in the other section if any of you want to try it sometime. If you do, let me know how you like it.

Like Tori, it's a good thing I didn't give myself a calorie goal. I made a treat tonight. It's baking right now and smells divine, but definitely not low cal! But it's the only non healthy treat I bought this week that I knew I was going to have. So that's not so bad, is it?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

I really got behind on reading the posts, so will just congratulate all you who are doing well, welcome all new members, and offer huge hugs of support to any of you who are struggling. Will try to skim through tomorrow. I have just been busy the past couple days with grandkid child care and housework on which I had gotten behind. Haven't logged but can honestly say I have been on track with food, water, goals, and exercise.

Tori, Mike said we're not allowed to throw rocks so I emptied my suitcase into the creek. LOL

Robin, yes, I did make it back from the cardio class --under my own power and not on a stretcher. LOL It's only a 45 minute class, but I really do get a great workout--hate that I get so sweaty, though. Ick!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

1. Log Mon-Fri Mon-YES, Tues--not yet (haven't added in supper)
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes, yes
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses Mon-hmm only 4 so far so no Tues-6
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes, yes
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 Mon-135/40
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins Mon-20 min, Tues NONE

Jenn
Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Krystal, You want to be a quant? Will your thesis be something like
An analysis of nutritional and fitness variables in personal health outcomes, or The relationship between self-directed food and exercise monitoring in weight loss?
Arduous study indeed!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone!

Wrote a long post in the Women's section and then saw that you moved the thread here... lol

Nice to see so many of the old gang back for another year, and welcome to all of the new "faces"! Time to shed all of those holiday pounds!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y
Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't log much today so I guess it'll be my cheat day. It wasn't clean but wasn't my typical 5000+ calorie cheat day. Now I just need to get my butt in gear since I used my cheat early. On the bright side, I'm hear and I'm checking in.

1) log everything (except for one cheat day) yes (it wasn't that pretty), no
2) 3 fruit/veggies per day 2, 3
3) exercise 3 times 0, 0
4) a lot of water pretty good, not too good
---------------
5) write two policies 0, none
6) lend a helping hand not yet, yes (maybe I can do another before the week is up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.