Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

OK--I gotta get off here! Cardio class at the Y starts in 15 minutes. Luckily it's only 2.4 miles down the street.

Will catch y'all later.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Hope and Mern

Hope your posts are not boring. I am very interested in the menus you put up. Trainers around here charge a lot of money for "meal plans". Yours are awesome. And I like the recipe talk, Hope and Mern, keeps me motivated to stay away from the fast food.

My meal plans are pretty boring really but I am working on it.

I walked today, it was brisk but ok. I will go to the gym tonight while my son is at gymnastics. I have nothing else to do lol, in the hour I have to kill.

Everyday I get up around 6 am and do yoga. Yesterday I dug out my sunrise alarm clock so this morning I woke up to a fully lit room. It was great and don't bother trying to snooze.

Happy Monday everyone.

Robin
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all!

Thanks for getting us going, Joanna. I know, academia often offers the luxury of sleeping in, which I always felt was some small compensation for the all-nighters and late-nighters and pounding it out while the rest of the world relaxes. I hope it's not too painful for you and that the semester goes quickly.

Robin, good luck with the scheduling this week. I am the same way; when I work out, I don't want to "undo" my progress, but when I don't, somehow I take that as license to eat less carefully (MUCH less).

Hope, I also don't think your posts are boring. They help you, that's important. Plus they give me ideas and also a gentle reminder that planning is key and that it works! I hear your determination and I know you are on the road to success.

Mern, I see you've exchanged the whip for rocks, although I don't want to think about what it would cost to check that suitcase on a plane . I hope you get some answers as you work through experimenting with your calorie range. Just when you get one thing figured out, something else needs tweaking!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Will post goals later and try and give everyone a run down of what's been going on with life. Talk to y'all later!

Oh, and if we're throwing rocks at Mike, COUNT ME IN!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Default Good habits goals!

1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise 5 days or more.
3. 64 oz. fluids.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least.
6. Eat clean.
7. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day.
8. Drive with the boy.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, congrats on the 4lbs weight loss! Ha Ha that picture is funny.

Goals
1. Log Mon-Fri
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too)
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins

Personal goals
clean spare room
vacuum my bedroom

Jenn
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Tori - we missed you! (I say that as if I haven't been pretty in and out the last couple of months...)

Robin, I find my meals are usually pretty the same every day, too, but I'm also trying to work on it. Truthfully it doesn't bother me, but then I wonder if maybe there's some kind of subconscious thing going on where I get bored without even realizing it. Anyway, I've been trying to incorporate more stuff, like Morningstar patties and sweet potatoes. Also, I think it was Jenn who mentioned spaghetti squash the other day - it's now on my grocery list! I love that stuff.

I'm trying to get out of the habit of drinking wine. I got really attached to it the last couple of months, a glass or two with dinner... it's empty calories, even if it is relaxing. I'm trying to limit it to when I go out for a meal or something - it may be ridiculously more expensive than buying it at home, but that's kind of the point.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

No rock throwing. I'm here, just getting up. Late last night I started having back spasms so I took a muscle relaxer at 3am. That got me off to a late start. Which is good because I want it to be out my system before having to drive. I haven't been on the bike in a while, which could be why my back when out, so I'll be taking it today to work.

My goals will be simple this week, just to keep me in the game.

1) log everything (except for one cheat day)
2) 3 fruit/veggies per day
3) exercise 3 times
4) a lot of water
---------------
5) write two policies
6) lend a helping hand

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-07-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Log Mon-Fri YES
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses hmm only 4 so far so no
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 135/40
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins 20 min

Took down the tree today and up and down stairs putting boxes away (part of my exercise). Also walked around the mall this morning. Geez do you think they are hinting when most of the stores have active wear front and centre??

Jenn
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

I need to be more active here. 7 posts since jan 2011. I have logged my weight and meals in the last 2 years.

Goals:
Log meals every day.
Walk at least 20 minutes each day.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.