FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/8883-7-day-motivational-thread-1-7-2013-a.html)

dmartz 01-13-2013 01:42 AM

• Cholesterol < 250 mg/day: 250, 188, 196, 183, 173, 536
  • Lift weights @ gym (> 30 mins): Y
  • & Exercise > 30 mins x 2: Y(1), Y(2)
  • Vegetables! > 3 servings/day: Y, Y, Y, N, N, Y
Made the vegetable goal yesterday, but haven't yet given up whole eggs. Just one whole egg is guaranteed to push cholesterol over the limit (> 200 mg per egg).
I really don't know what to think about that.

- Donna

jjrudd 01-13-2013 03:39 AM

I'm here too! No exercise yesterday and food was not great.
Half an hour exercising this morning and I have squash roasting in the oven for soup.

Jenn

quinnesec 01-13-2013 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 94235)
Not too many weekend warriors checking in. Tisk tisk. ;)

Hey! I checked in during a Packer playoff game!! I get TWO gold stars for that! lol

molly221 01-13-2013 05:07 AM

Goals:
Log meals every day. Y. Y. Y Y y. Y. N
Walk at least 20 minutes each day. Y. Y. Y. N. y. Y y
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night Y. Y. Y. Y. Y. Y y

I am actually sleeping too much. I have slept 10-11 hours a night and not sure if it is my cough or I have some mild depression.

I didn't log meals today because I am taking the kids to chipotle for an early dinner.

01gt4.6 01-13-2013 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 94256)
Hey! I checked in during a Packer playoff game!! I get TWO gold stars for that! lol

True. I was like the pot calling the kettle black. :cool:

amalthea1892 01-13-2013 07:10 AM

Last week was pretty good for me! Crazy at work, but I did a few things right food and fitness wise... I have been doing the, somewhat modified, Metafit workout (youtube it). It takes about 15 min and I can do it in my living room. It really gets my heart-rate up fast! Muscles definitely hurt the next day, but in a good way :). And DH and I have been making smoothies for breakfast. This morning we tossed in the blender spinach, red, yellow and orange sweet peppers, blueberries, a banana, peanut butter, soy milk and apple juice. One of my resolutions is to not throw so much food out - so now I guess I can practice throwing it all in a blender!

Cassie - So sorry to hear about your friend. He sounds like a wonderful person who did so much good for so many.

Hope - Did everything go okay yesterday when your DD went back to college? Big hug to you for the struggles you are having with communicating with her.

DH and I are totally into the playoffs this weekend! Go San Francisco!!! And Ravens!!! We are watching Atlanta KA at the moment - Seattle is in BIG trouble!

kimbur96 01-13-2013 11:50 AM

Slinking back in, this week was a disaster for me and fitness. My run on tuesday was only two miles and i fought for every second of it, that really disappointed me, as I was up to 6 miles before I got sick. The whole week I was just depressed and I isolated and let myself turn to food for comfort (hangs head in shame) I wont bore you with the gory details. I did manage to run an obstacle race on saturday and that helped swing the pendulum back in the other direction and motivate me again. I ate better today and did gt a 4 mile run in..so I have high hopes for next week.

bojibridge 01-13-2013 12:45 PM

1.) Calories under 1400/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - N, F - Y, S - Y, Su - Y
2.) Stick with C25k program: M - off, T - Y, W - off, Th - Y, F - off, S - Y, Su - off
3.) Walk to car x4: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y, Th - Y, F - Y, S - N/A, Su - N/A

I'm going to go ahead and count this week as a win. And believe me, after the last 6 months, I needed a win.

I went ice skating today - uber fun!

kimbur - it's hard getting back into the swing of things. Seems like you might be getting your groove back, so more power to you!

adyndravo1 01-13-2013 02:31 PM

:( Hello all. I have not been feeling very good the last few days. Between the weather and the depression. the migraines and headaches have been prevelant. I am feeling a bit better todat. I need to get the act together and finnish filling out the desablity form tomorrow and try to get out to the nurseries around town and fill out applications. Although with the temp barely hitting 5 it is hard to think of going out at all. Right now the temp is -11. I have been getting in my water but to good for the veggies. Hope this next week is better for us all. Nyda