7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday not so great, actually.

1. Calories 1200 max. 1089, ?? Haven't calculated my recipes yet, 1161, 1367 forgot to log almonds I ate at work and didn't notice till I had eaten up to my limit
2. Exercise 6 days this week. One, Two
3. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean. Mostly, Mostly, Mostly, Mostly
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot calcium, Yes, Forgot calcium again, Forgot everything

6. Write out master list for catch-up tasks & plan no later than Monday night... I did not do this Did it Tuesday
7. ...and stick to the plan! But I made progress on this Working on it, Still working on it, Making progress
8. Take the boy driving (and parking). Driving today, Drove today also
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
LOL, I was trying to give you my to-do list, not my goals, but if they work for you, use 'em!
Haha! Serves me right for reading/responding to posts at 1am...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Hello all
I have 8 cups of water in already and it isn't 2 pm yet. I did eat some cinnamon roll for breakfast. I had an on plan lunch. I did the 1 mile express walk today. There is no way I could have made the 2 mile today. I am feeling pretty good. It is colder today then yesterday, still only 7 degrees out side. I am glad I can exercise in the house on days like today. Supper tonight is chcken noodle soup. snacks nuts and apple
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

- Get real (aka eat only real food): Mostly - just one Reece's peanut butter cup (mini 70 cal), N, N
- Drink loads of water: Y, Y, Y
- Shun any and all remaining goodies (at home and work): see above..., N, N, N

Okay - I have not completely stayed out of the goodies, but I DID throw out a whole bag of cookies, and another of candy covered popcorn this morning. But I found a bag of marshmallows in the cupboard. Work in progress right?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, thanks for the welcome back. So nice to see your shinny face in here. Good job on the scale moving. I should follow your lead on the one new recipe a week. I get in such a rut eating the same thing day after day.

Cassie, good job on the goals. your doing great with the water...tha's a tough one for me. so cudos.

Hope, great job with the stretching, hows the fibro been?

Mike, The holidays are over, put the camera down and get out there and move a little. I mean that in the nicest motivational way possible.

Missed you all. So glad you are still here. You inspire me. I have always had this cyclic relationship with fitness and dieting. I do well for a while then disappear.

To the new names i dont recognize...Hello all. I look forward to getting to know you and cheering each other on
Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, nice report for yesterday! Do I get props for not justifying a few minutes ago? I had my three mile exercise tape in and gave my son an emphatic, just plain "NO!" when he asked if I was doing all three miles of aerobic walking. LOL Actually, I got on here to put a promise in writing that I'll do a second mile before we go out to dinner this evening. I really struggled to finish the first mile and honestly didn't have the strength to continue.

Well, maybe we'd better start GATHERING some rocks. Evidently the whip doesn't scare Mike anymore. We could give new meaning to the words "rocking it." LOL
Yes, Mern, as Cassie said, you get mad crazy props for this. And for how well you're doing and the yummy food plan. If it's a one size fits all diet we're going for we could do worse than yours (in fact, I HAVE done worse lol.)

Cassie, so sorry your boy is going through such pain but your good humor and great mom skills will help get him through.

I would write more but I am going to gather some rocks to help Mern motivate Mike...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

-31 Wed, -24 yesterday........I couldn't face going out to do any exercise! Just to work and necessary errands, otherwise sat at home in front of the heater.

Today it warmed up to -8 so I packed my gear and went to the pool lap swimming. Felt great, I haven't been there for a while.

Thanks to all of you for the welcome to this group, I am loving Fitday and I am learning so much from the posts.

Robin
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Had a totally yummy dinner of steak, green beans and mustard greens on a restaurant gift card we got for Christmas from live-in GD and her BF. It was so much food that I brought home the salad of cucumber, tomato, and onion to enjoy with lunch tomorrow.

Cassie, LOL on the size of our mouths--nope, doesn't matter. Is there any chance your son could still make the tennis team based on his experience and success of last year--sort of a bench warmer until his shoulder is better? Having had tendonitis and bursitis at the same time in the same shoulder, I do know the pain both of you are going through. On the not justifying to my son on the amount of my exercise--it wasn't really any restraint I showed--I was just too full of myself this morning to feel like I had to justify anything to anyone. LOL He wasn't challenging me--just asked a simple question, so I took the opportunity to comment on Hope's JADE goal. Oh, golly, I find it so annoying when I forget to log something and then run myself short or out of further food allowance for the day. But I've learned that if I get really hungry after I've reached my limits, I should just go ahead and eat something sensible--otherwise I wind up face first in a bag of Oreos or some other junk food DH bought. How do you handle it--do you go hungry or eat something?

Oh, by the way, I did keep my promise to myself and to our group to get in a second mile before going out to eat.

Jenn, I'd get rich if I could find a book to learn all the answers, wouldn't I? LOL My next blood tests are March 4 and follow-up with the doc a week later. I have a lot of hard work to do between now and then. I wish we had a Wii, but DH isn't interested. I know people who have them and find it easier to get motivated to exercise when they can't or don't want to go to the gym.

Nyda, great job on the water and exercise. If you have done a good job exercising to the best of your time and/or ability on any given day, that's something to be proud of. I was going to do two miles in one stretch today and after one mile truly could not do three more steps--and I felt good about what I had done. I was able to get the second mile in later. The soup, nuts, and apple sound yummy on such a cold day.

Ama, kudos on the work in progress of getting rid of the goodies--in ways other than eating them.

Kim, it really does help me a lot with willpower when I try new foods. It doesn't have to be a whole new recipe--even just different combinations help. "Variety is the spice of life." Next week I'm not going to buy my old stand-by preservative free, low sodium deli sliced turkey breast because I'm falling into a lunch rut. But I do need something quick-to-fix because lunch time is also a time crunch for me. I'll try to think of something different this weekend--maybe something simple like a salmon or tuna salad to have on hand. I'll bet you'll make a lot of progress weight-wise between now and your marathons.

Robin, in that cold I surely wouldn't want to move away from the heater, either. Ooh, you had a heat wave at -8, eh? Kudos on your lap swimming. So glad you are enjoying FitDay. We certainly do get a lot of support from each other.

Hope, LOL on your thoughts on the one-size-fits-all diet. Aw, thanks for your kind words about my diet. I think maybe I won't let myself go nuts just yet over my stall and slow metabolism.

Mike, you'd better get back here Q U I C K--we natives are getting restless without your presence! LOL
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
MIKE--welcome back!!

Jenn
Thanks Jenn!

I didn't have any trouble finding our group because there are always so many posts that the blue title stuck right out in the motivation-support forum. Plus, it being flagged as moved should guide everyone to the right place. I think it'll work out very well. Thanks to all involved.

Mike, looking forward to your rocking it next week.
I'm glad, you found it okay. I need to get back on this wagon and get some training in for my next 1/2 marathon... but that part probably won't happen.

Originally Posted by canary52
Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about us; WE'VE been here. Where've you been?
I've been where I shouldn't be, eating donuts and blasts. Doing exactly what I shouldn't be doing and my weight is waaaay up.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Okay, Mike, we'll see you when we see you...last promise was Jan 1 .
I know, I know. I've been bad and now I'm going to have to pay the piper!

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Mike, The holidays are over, put the camera down and get out there and move a little. I mean that in the nicest motivational way possible.
Can the holidays REALLY be over with Mardi Gras around the corner? I've been getting some good use out of the camera but damn it's a big learning experience for me. I feel like such a noob but I know that just means that as I lean, my pics will get better.

Originally Posted by Robingen
-31 Wed, -24 yesterday........I couldn't face going out to do any exercise! Just to work and necessary errands, otherwise sat at home in front of the heater.

Today it warmed up to -8 so I packed my gear and went to the pool lap swimming. Felt great, I haven't been there for a while.

Thanks to all of you for the welcome to this group, I am loving Fitday and I am learning so much from the posts.

Robin
Welcome aboard Robin. I'm Mike, I was going to go through the whole process of explaining that I'm a guy but the ladies here think of me as one of them... but it just dawned on me that this is now a unisex thread. Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm usually the rough one (I think that's why the ladies here love me ). I don't give out many "passes" but HOLY CRAP that is cold!!!!!!!!! I can't blame you one bit for not going out to exercise.

Had a totally yummy dinner of steak, green beans and mustard greens on a restaurant gift card we got for Christmas from live-in GD and her BF. It was so much food that I brought home the salad of cucumber, tomato, and onion to enjoy with lunch tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, I did keep my promise to myself and to our group to get in a second mile before going out to eat.

Mike, you'd better get back here Q U I C K--we natives are getting restless without your presence! LOL
Sounds like y'all had a nice dinner, oops I meant supper. Tori (yes the other one that's been MIA) gives me a virtual slap in back of the head when I say dinner. Like that yank has any room to talk! Awesome job on the 2 miles! Maybe next week you can set my mile goal (I haven't walked for exercise in MONTHS).
----------------------------------------------------------
For those that are interested... I went to NOLA (New Orleans) the other day and snapped off a few pics.

I know that I'm probably the last person that should be in a cemetery in NOLA, but if you've ever been to NOLA, you'd know that the cemeteries are a HUGE part of what makes the city what it is. They are ALL OVER, you can't miss them. The graves/tombs are above ground.

I kinda felt weird at first, I kinda felt like I was being disrespectful when I brought my camera. I think it was just me because many people tour and take photos in them because (not to sound creepy) they are pretty cool. It's what we do. But I made sure to be respectful and tried my best not to take anyone home with me. I think I succeeded at both.

I went on a mission to find a particular weeping angel. The first day, I walked around for a couple of hours and never found her. I did a little research and discovered that she's in a tomb, not just out in the open. I went back a couple days later with my daughter (WOOT, SHE'S IN TOWN FROM ARKANSAS!!) Guess what I found?!?!?!?

If anyone wants to see some of the other pics you can click here >> NOLA Photos by 01gt46 | Photobucket

Between the two trips I probably took a couple hundred pics. I loaded some of them to the photo album above. There are 2 pages of pics for now.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, I'm here! Finally back home in PA. It's cold. I went running yesterday and I swear it was uphill in the blowing snow both ways!

Thanks for all the encouragement on the half-marathon. I haven't signed up yet - I figured I'd finish my couch to 5k first, and see about it after that. I have until Feb. 15th before the registration fees go up, so that's my deadline for deciding.

Donna - as far as the 10 lb challenge, we're all back where we started, I think. We kinda took a break from weighing-in over the holidays simply because we were all traveling and whatnot, but I plan on weighing-in on Tuesday, so hopefully we'll all get back with the program.

I got on the scale yesterday and it said 169.8. I was like, NO WAY am I going to see 170 on that scale again! NOT EVER! Thankfully, I miraculously lost 2 lbs overnight. I WANT to see my weight heading in the right direction again, but I need to figure out how to translate that into long-term progress, something that has eluded me for the past 6 months. It's disheartening to know that I've put on weight - I don't feel good about myself, and that pants I bought are barely fitting. I hate that feeling when you are stuffing yourself into your clothes. They say to dress for the body you have, and it's true, it feels much better, but I don't have those clothes anymore, so... I felt so good about myself when I hit less than 155 - I was only 16 lbs from my goal! And I hate that I now have twice that. I need to remember that eating 'cause I'm bored, or just don't frickin' want to tell myself 'no' is not satisfying in the long run! But it's sooooo satisfying in the moment. I need to want my goal so hard that it's NOT satisfying in the short term.

Anyway, stream of consciousness there, sorry! Just getting it out, I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.