FitDay Member

Plan:
egg white and turkey sausage or bacon
tuna with salad
fish with veg
fruit
nuts
almond milk shake or sardines or smoked salmon

Back up two pounds, I am tightening my belt before I have to loosen it anymore...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default One Year Anniversary

Hi y'all! Been lurking this week - I kept waiting for that new forum for motivational threads I guess. Or, I just didn't want to post any goals this week.

But I had to report that I've reached a milestone today. I've now logged my food and activities for a whole year. Every day, I logged what I ate, and how many minutes I exercised, except during a ten day vacation when I estimated my total cals. Logging is the number one thing I attribute to the remarkable change in my health and my physique during the year.

Yes, I ate all wrong over the holidays, but now it only took two days to work it off, as opposed to the month(s) it took last year. And, even though a lot has gone wrong lately, I feel much more equipped to deal with what life throws my way.

Thanks to everyone for helping be a part of that journey.

- Donna
Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome Donna!
Jenn
Old 01-03-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

I kept my promise and just finished exercising.

Jenn, kudos on your blood sugar being in the normal range after the carbs of the holidays. That's wonderful! I get kinda miffed when people think stuff works the same for everyone--like one's body adjusts to all the water-- or "I know you hate [insert food name here], but you'll love it how I make it." I'm getting some wonderful facial exercises rolling my eyes, though. LOL

Donna, congratulations on your lgging for a whole year! You are so right that it is key to achieving better health and physique. And major kudos on working off the holiday indulgences in just two days. Way to go! Thank YOU for being on this journey with US!

Hope, kudos on your stretching, meal planning (looks yummy again) listening, and "JADElessness" yesterday. That's wonderful about the theater bonding with DD. What play did you see and did you enjoy the play? I'm doing some bonding with live-in GD today, taking her to buy her textbooks--second semester of college starts this Monday. The college is only a 15-20 minute drive. Her 17 year old sister will be aggravated, though--because I have to take her along after I pick her up from high school in order for college GD to make it to work by 4PM. We could have gone earlier, but I knew if we went to the college first I'd lose my resolve to exercise today. I'm glad you enjoyed your beef burger with the small bun. I didn't have the turkey burger yesterday, either. Didn't feel like going to the grocery store but stopped at the butcher shop on the way home from an errand and got some low sodium, no preservative turkey breast instead. OMG, I love Chinese food, but have absolutely no self-control at the buffet. I pile my plate with sesame chicken (sodium and carbs in the sauce) and lo-mein noodles loaded with carbs, broccoli and mushrooms in some high sodium soy sauce. But I do limit myself to just three or four times a year on that. My feet and hands always ache the next day from water retention. Just shameful but I do it anyway. :P
Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Alright, happy new year everyone!

Gonna join in, even if for only the last half of this week!

Didn't do as well as I was hoping calorie wise, and other lol, on new years, but I'm back at it now. I'm nowhere near where I was, so a pound or two is nothing I need complain about!

For the rest of the week, here are my goals:

1) Make at least one homemade meal
2) Exercise
3) Drink more water
4) Start weight training
5) Keep checking in

Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of Welcome Back! I may have left physically for a bit, but mentally I was in the groove (counting calories and number crunching in my head). Not that it did me any good, I just counted higher…

I am still not brave enough to get on that scale, but my pants still fit! Whoo HOOOOO! It’s TOTM, so not a good week to get on the scale anyway. This weekend will be soon enough.

Donna – YAY! 1 year! I come up on one year of FD next month. Kind of addictive huh?

Jenn – Yep I agree - time to find the routine again. I am right there with you on that one. My routine became one of excess, which has been really hard to break! I went through DS backpack last night and he brought home yet another bag of chocolates from school, and 2 lolly pops! The holidays have become all about throwing carbs at each other. Time for me to duck and run.

Mern – So good to see you back as well! Good luck figuring out your new calorie goal. It will be interesting to see how you work it out and stay in your other limits… if anybody can figure out the math it is you! I totally agree with the sesame chicken… so good to be bad!

Hope – 2 lbs is not super bad at all, given the holiday temptations - you can melt that off in no time lady! So glad you and DD had a fun day together. Your week looks great so far – lots of pretty blue!

Cassie – I think I may steal your master list for catch-up tasks goal… love it! I think that was my resolution from last year, and actually knocked off some outstanding stuff, but there is always more to do. I wonder if there is a low cal way to make shrimp chowder… it would probably be horrible though. There is no real substitute for real butter and heavy cream.

Joanna – The marathon… have you signed up yet? I know you can do it! What a great goal to work toward!

Krystal – YAY! Glad you are in for the end of the week!

Sorry if I missed anyone during my quick read-thorugh the posts. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Krystal, I joined late this week, too--all that matters is that we're here now. Happy new year to you, too. Kudos on gaining only a pound or two during the holidays! That's marvelous! Nice goals for the rest of the week!

Ama, kudos on staying in the groove mentally and just counting higher. LOL--loved that little chuckle. Seriously, though, number crunching and counting calories in your head is really great--shows restraint and that's something to be proud of. Kudos on your pants still fitting--a lot of people can't say that, especially with TOTM!! Thanks for your confidence in my being able to eventually figure out how to raise my calories while still staying in my other limits. My head is sort of spinning over it right now.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Ama: Yes, fitday can be addictive, but it's definitely better than some other forms of addition.
And I think there is a low cal way to make shrimp chowder - Manhattan style. Or better yet, make gumbo - likely more calories than tomato based soup, but no cream.

Hope: Please don't write about Lobster. Or Butter. It was bad enough w/ Cassie & the cream and vodka. My focus for this year is to try to get my cholesterol to approach 200. So for New Years I switched to king crab, figuring you burn a few more calories eating it and it tastes good with cocktail sauce! I also limited myself this year to only one bottle of champagne. Had to do something to make up for all the cake at Christmas, and didn't feel too bad in the morning.

Robin: -31 ! ouch. I can't give up carbs either. I have too much of a thing for chocolate.

Joanna: Who's winning the weight challenge?

Cholesterol - 12/31: 427, 1/1: 230, 1/2: 54, ( 54 ? Yes! )

P.S.: If you have a problem with seeing posts on pages 2 and up, try clearing the cache in your browser.

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 01-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Donna, what are those cholesterol numbers: Cholesterol - 12/31: 427, 1/1: 230, 1/2: 54, ( 54 ? Yes! ) ? Is that your mg of dietary cholesterol intake or your blood cholesterol numbers?

I got my blood cholesterol down from 244 to 198 via 250mg or less daily dietary cholesterol intake along with supplements my doctor approved--fish oil and red yeast rice. Caution everyone: never take supplements without your doctor's approval as they do change your body chemistry and your doctor needs to work with you on determining the correct dosage for your body.

Last edited by Mern; 01-03-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all, just in from work and posting so I don't go all snacky-snacky. Long day for the first day back, but being caught up in other areas helped me feel more on my game.

Good to see all the posts and I see we've been moved so we can confine the private lady talk to the Women's Corner, lol!

Will check in a bit later, but first, duty calls:
Attached Images

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.