6) WRITE- NO Yes some
7) Practice Spanish NO yes
8) Incorporate more creativity into my life: a bit with my cake no
9) Listen more -NO didn't come up
10) Do not JADE (justify/argue/defend/explain) NO yes

Better...
Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

Yes lots of people provides good things here.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Because I ate too much on Sunday and felt queasy the first 2/3 of the day yesterday...not exactly heroine material, lol!
You ate too much Sunday but didn't repeat it Monday. Pretty heroic I say. I ate too much Sunday and did fine the first part of the day (also queasy) and finished not so well...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Drink 6 glasses of water Mon NO, Tues 5--not quite but closer
2. Eat more veggies (really slacked off at holidays so I won't put specific number) Mon--2 veggies and one fruit, a good start, Tues 3 again 3. Eat sensibly Mon NO--ate too much,
Tues-yes 45 carbs per meal!
4. Exercise 3X NO both days

Jenn
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, well, you don't eat French fries every day, so we'll let you go without a beating for yesterday. LOL Ooh, your turkey burger scheduled for today is inspiring. I think I'll stop by the grocery and get some before lunch. What is a theater bonding? I love your goals. My water intake has been so bad lately that I can't even squeeze out one of your hahahahas. Oh, my-do not JADE is a tough one for me. I'm sure I about bring my husband to tears over that sometimes--once I get started it's hard to shut myself up.

Bedrick, hi. Looking forward to your posts here.

Jenn, I have to work on my water, too.

Back to my goals that I know work well for me. Fresh new start today with my regular dental checkup and teeth cleaning plus new resolve on eating healthfully. Upping my calories to see if it increases my metabolism any; a dietitian told me last year that my weight of well over 200 lbs. my calorie deficit may be too high, possibly causing me to stay on a plateau because my body wants to hang on to calories--that starvation mode thing. So, new start today and my weekly goals will be:

Calorie limit 1800
Net carbs (carbs less fiber) average 25g
Fiber average 25g
Protein average 120g
Sat fat average 10% of daily calories
Cholesterol daily 250mg or less
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days per week
Try at least one new recipe or food per week

Today's menu:

Breakfast: flaxmeal muffin and protein shake
Lunch: turkey burger on a low carb tortilla and a side of cooked spinach
Dinner: low carb pasta with marinara and ground veggie burger, cooked broccoli
Snacks: almonds; nuked "faux oatmeal" of flaxmeal, banana protein powder and water; and maybe will try my idea of celery stuffed with canned salmon and horseradish sauce or ranch dressing

Last edited by Mern; 01-02-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all, will catch up with logging soon...had a lot of homemade leftovers yesterday that were new recipes and I haven't taken the time to calculate out the nutrition. Might be a bit over from the pasta sauce I had for dinner (vodka, cream, crushed tomatoes) and the shrimp chowder for lunch . In retrospect, both of those on the same day was probably not a good idea.

Mern, there is something comforting about going back to what you know works, isn't there? I also am looking forward to getting back into some good habits.

Will check in with y'all later, after some work and driving .
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, that's something about which I need to be more vigilant: some diet-friendly foods that I should not eat on the same day with other diet-friendly foods--like a whole low carb tortilla or half an avocado on the same day as low carb pasta. I like it when I can go back to what I know works, but when I can add a new twist that may be of help.

Jenn and Hope, are you drinking your water? I'm going to fill up my water bottle right now.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year Ya’ll!

I am trying to pull myself out of the carb-induced stupor of the last 2 weeks and psych myself up to follow at least a few well rounded goals for the remainder of this week…

- Get real (aka eat only real food):
- Drink loads of water:
- Shun any and all remaining goodies (at home and work):

Maybe I’ll be brave enough to weigh in next week…

For those of you who have hit the ground running this week WAY TO GO!!! For those of you who are struggling, big big hugs to you ! I hope to catch-up with the thread soon - have a great week everyone!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks, sorry I was AWOL over the holidays, but I'm back now. I'm in Florida, but heading back to the frigid north tonight. I've kept up with my C25K runs, so that's good. I think my friend has almost convinced me to do the Chicago half-marathon in September, but we'll see. I think I've gained a lot over the holidays, unfortunately. Here's to figuring out my malaise.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Ama and Joanna!!
I think we all ate too much over the holiday period. We will settle back into a routine soon!
Mern--I went and had a glass after I read your admonishment :P

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.