I find it funny tht the last day of the year we make resolutions and some of us wake up on the first day of the next year hungover and/or nauseous. I am in the nauseous category - ate way too much... let's nor even talk about the beef in beer..or the two pound lobster (WITH butter, of course, and garlic bread which I dipped in butter...)
Cassie, I agree that you can start over at any time but I love something about the ritual of resolutions, IDK. All I know is I cannot sum up my goal for the year in one word but can in two: NO Excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe DO it!!!!
Jenn, hope you enjoy your e-reader. I always thought that would be great for recipes. I hate dragging my laptop into the kitchen but I hate to waste printing it if it's not going to be a keeper. And good job figuring it out! Sometimes it truly boggles me how far technology has come.
Monday check in:
1. Calories 1200 max. 1089
2. Exercise 6 days this week.
3. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes
4. Eat clean. Mostly
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot calcium
6. Write out master list for catch-up tasks & plan no later than Monday night... I did not do this
7. ...and stick to the plan! But I made progress on this
8. Take the boy driving (and parking). Driving today
"If you drop an egg, you don't say, 'Oh, shoot' and drop the other 11, do you?"
-Source unknown, but obviously brilliant
Reached goal 4/16/2010...but kind of afraid to look these days
1) Stretch every day -yes
2) 6 glasses of water minimum every day- ?
3) Plan meals (except 12/31) -yes hahahahah
4) Stick close to plan (except 12/31)-hahahaha
5) 1600 calories max (except 12/31)-hahahaha
6) WRITE- NO
7) Practice Spanish NO
8) Incorporate more creativity into my life: a bit with my cake
9) Listen more -NO
10) Do not JADE (justify/argue/defend/explain) NO
Sooooo, a great start in that I can only go up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No exercise today but on track with food and supplements. Oops--not water--forgot but will try to get in another 24 oz. before bed.
Didn't log but was careful in my food choices and portions:
Food today was:
--spinach egg substitute omelet with roasted red pepper sauce
--tuna salad on low carb wrap with ranch dressing instead of mayo
--chocolate mocha banana almond flaxmeal muffin
--vegetarian veggie soup
--sauteed haddock and oven roasted celery which was very stringy but still tasty
--a couple pieces sugar free dark chocolate
Back to logging and reporting tomorrow.
Age 67, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever 246 lbs. in the fall of 2010
FitDay starting weight 1/17/11 240 lbs.
Note: doctor's scale 4 lbs. lighter than my home scale. I go by my home scale weight Weight 9/11/2013 234 Weight 12/7/13 same--234 lbs.