Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Finally got around to reading this thread & think it's GREAT!!!!!!! we all got fat due to excuses. those that deny that aren't really 100% ready for the journey. that or they are worried about not succedding so setting themselves up as to why they didn't get there, AGAIN!

things may make losing weight more of a challenge, genetics, medicial conditions, etc, but that NEVER counts for 100% of weight gain. never even accounts for 50% of your weight gain that means the majority of weight gain is within our control. i gained weight, because of my crappy attitude & excuses when i got over that i lost 83 lbs in 5 months. i then recently gained back 11 lbs, becuase i let the 'stinking thinking' creep back in & my crappy attitude & excuses slowly started to come back. i'm happy to be back on track to lose those 11 lbs.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

I think it's okay to be direct and face the fact that being overweight is our reality. Excuses are a reality as well. I always give into wallowing when I'm down about my weight and I know that's when I need to exercise the most. I'm married to a doctor and what his teachers taught him is that no matter how tired you are and no matter how long of a shift you had, make time to exercise. I figure if he can do that, I can too. My schedule is way lighter!

Last edited by IBcash; 10-17-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Please do not insert links in your posts
Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not heard anymore excuses from me since my first post

Ok - thought I post an update on how well this thread has inspired me, (and to keep it at the top for others to see)
I first posted on 20 August, recognising all the bad habits in everything 01gt4.6 said.

I STOPPED making excuses that day.

I now love the swimming and walking I do, I look forward to the heat in my muscles overnight and the next day.

My clothes are literally hanging off me, I've got 1 more notch on my belt left to go, then I'll need a new one. People are starting to comment on me looking slimmer. I feel more full of energy, as I've stopped eating junk. And the things I thought I'd miss - I don't.

...nd I keep coming back to this post and re-reading it to remind me.

Starting Weight - 19 Aug 2010 = 281.25 lbs
Last Weight - 16 Sep 2010 = 259.5 lbs
Total lost in 5 weeks = 21.75 lbs
Ultimate Loss Goal - 1 Jan 2011 = 100 lbs

20% done... one foot in front of the other

Once again - Thanks 01gt4.6
Old 09-20-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Protein?

How do I get more protein m=in my diet? My pie chart of foods shows 40% fat, 42% carbs and only 17% protein
Old 09-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OtisPT
Ok - thought I post an update on how well this thread has inspired me, (and to keep it at the top for others to see)
I first posted on 20 August, recognising all the bad habits in everything 01gt4.6 said.

I STOPPED making excuses that day.

I now love the swimming and walking I do, I look forward to the heat in my muscles overnight and the next day.

My clothes are literally hanging off me, I've got 1 more notch on my belt left to go, then I'll need a new one. People are starting to comment on me looking slimmer. I feel more full of energy, as I've stopped eating junk. And the things I thought I'd miss - I don't.

...nd I keep coming back to this post and re-reading it to remind me.

Starting Weight - 19 Aug 2010 = 281.25 lbs
Last Weight - 16 Sep 2010 = 259.5 lbs
Total lost in 5 weeks = 21.75 lbs
Ultimate Loss Goal - 1 Jan 2011 = 100 lbs

20% done... one foot in front of the other

Once again - Thanks 01gt4.6
Great job Otis!!!!!!

Keep up the amazing work, I'm happy for you and so glad that I could help!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by startnow1
How do I get more protein m=in my diet? My pie chart of foods shows 40% fat, 42% carbs and only 17% protein
chicken, lean beef, steak, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein suppliments.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Can I tell you how often I've heard excuses from people since reading this post, it had never really occurred to me that people did this so often. Lots of people ask me questions about how I've lost so much weight, and as I answer the questions, I read their body language, eye rolling, shoulders slumping, general deflated sagging motions. And then they start in on the list of excuses, and more than once I've said "if you really want to make a change for yourself you have to get to the point where making excuses for yourself becomes inexcusable". Now having said that I am getting up tomorrow morning and I'm getting that workout started on time, no excuses!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Can I tell you how often I've heard excuses from people since reading this post, it had never really occurred to me that people did this so often. Lots of people ask me questions about how I've lost so much weight, and as I answer the questions, I read their body language, eye rolling, shoulders slumping, general deflated sagging motions. And then they start in on the list of excuses, and more than once I've said "if you really want to make a change for yourself you have to get to the point where making excuses for yourself becomes inexcusable". Now having said that I am getting up tomorrow morning and I'm getting that workout started on time, no excuses!
well said. Kinda like what i said at the beginning of this video. YouTube - p90x day 56 update with pics
Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

I remember a while back I posted in here. I thought I would update you how I'm doing.

Since July 6th when I started fitday I have lost 21.5 pounds. I took a week off from training last week. From 225 to 203.4

This monday I am starting a contest on ttmembers.com. It's a 12 week before and after photos contest. In the first 12-13 weeks I lost 20+ pounds and 13.25 total inches. Over this 12 week contest I want to lose 18-20 pounds again, which will put me at my target of 180-185, and I should be at about 10-12% bodyfat by then.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by midwestj
I remember a while back I posted in here. I thought I would update you how I'm doing.

Since July 6th when I started fitday I have lost 21.5 pounds. I took a week off from training last week. From 225 to 203.4

This monday I am starting a contest on ttmembers.com. It's a 12 week before and after photos contest. In the first 12-13 weeks I lost 20+ pounds and 13.25 total inches. Over this 12 week contest I want to lose 18-20 pounds again, which will put me at my target of 180-185, and I should be at about 10-12% bodyfat by then.
wow, that's some great progress. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see the pics. Thanks for the update!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.