Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat! >

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by veixsus
Read a quote today that reminded me of this thread.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown
very true and just like the saying. "if you think you can, you're right. If you think you can't.... you're right"
Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Blunt and to the point. I like it! You said what I have wanted to say for awhile. I am just too nice- lol.

I have lost 176 pounds in the last year and 3 months. The excuses don't fly with me either. If you want something bad enough you will find a way to do it.

Deanna
Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

wow, that's amazing! Congrats.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by missavie

(From my blog).

Absolutely right!! But SO politically incorrect these days! It CAN'T be your fault! It has to be your metabolism (not!), your cortisol levels(not!), your mother didn't hug you so you find comfort in Hagen Das (ok, I've done that). Next we will see people in food rehab on Dr Drew next to Jesse James (Sandra Bullock's husband!!) Don't get mad or depressed people, since it is simply less intake, it actually is a very easy fix. Just experiment around till you find a diet that fits your lifestyle and makes you feel good. Less processed, more whole food.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Great quote Veixsus, I need to jot that one down.

Cindy, True about protein. I feel good now that I am eating a more balanced diet, with extra protein. Have more energy. I have been just simply walking for exercise, and while I have only lost 10 lb so far, and I have a long way to go...I feel better than I ever have in years.

Deanna, Mike - you are my heroes!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Respectfully..... is all that muscle bulk result of workout and diet alone?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HinaAskari
Respectfully..... is all that muscle bulk result of workout and diet alone?
yes... and my supplements (protein powder, etc). I doubt that I really gained an out of the ordinary amount of muscle, I did gain some but it all because more visible was I started shedding fat.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Rock on!

Testify, brother! People need to hear it the way it is and quit whining so much already.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Shell250

Deanna, Mike - you are my heroes!
lol, I don't think that what I did was that big of a deal, now Deanna, however, wow. Thank you.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

True Max. Whining does not help, actually it is counter productive because it just makes you more depressed! I admit...I have done my own fair share of whining.... My experience with most weight loss groups I have tried in the past has been lots of sitting around and complaining with very little 'real' action. In hindsight, it seemed to be just a constant quest to find the next new chemical laden low-cal processed fast food to try. And that does not work for long term weight loss. I am liking FitDay because it has lots of sensible down to earth advice and inspiration to keep me motivated. It's a lifestyle.

You are welcome Mike!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.