Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat! >

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Stiletto2010
Old 09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

New guy here.

In the past 16 months, I have lost (which only took 1 year) 86 lbs. I have maintained (within 3 lbs) that weight for the past 4 months. Body fat is dropping, but loose skin is not my friend. Most say they don't believe I was ever overweight (because they say I look good), but I was really fat. My loose skin isn't hanging, but it looks like fat. Went from a size 44 pants to a solid 32. I have used all of the excuses in the book.

One day I saw that full length mirror, and was blown away at how bad I looked. Decided to change my life, and did.

Just saying hey.

Fat is a choice, fit is a choice. I choose fit now.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

That's great Brackneyc! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
That's great Brackneyc! Keep up the good work!

Thank you. Haven't felt this good in 20 years. I only wish everyone who wanted to do this, would stay with it long enough to reach their goals. It is like a second lease on life.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brackneyc
It is like a second lease on life.
yes it is.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

new here just started. love your post very in your face none sugar coated which is how i like to run my life at work and home.
read many of the responses as well it seem i fall in to a few catigories with other. i was well on my way getting back in shape 185lbs after unknown reason why i stopped (up to 205) caring was down 20 pounds and couldn't budge a pound found out i was pregnant with my first. didn't gain much during the pregnancy but after yes. work, baby housework, back up to 210. got back on track down to 200 again. pregnant again!! same thing didn't gain during but after went up, now sitting at 225 afraid to try again theirs a pattern i don't want to keep repeating. so once again i'm going to get back on track. apparently losing weight does something to your spouse lol.

how did you get over taking that first picture? i dont really want it to be my husband lol
Old 10-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mlcooli
how did you get over taking that first picture?
you just have to suck it up and do it. IMO it was easier with a tripod, since you don't have to "pose" in front of someone. Just keep in mind that the pics are for you, you never have to show anyone if you don't want to but. Once you change your life, lose the weight... but never took the "before" pics, you'll kick yourself... b/c you can never get "before" pics now. So... if you've decided to change your life, the pics are a 'now or never' deal.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

So true about the pics!

When I posted my before one I was dying. I was embarrassed and there was no denying how out of shape I was. With the exception of a few comments, one using it as an avatar, it was worth the support I got. Plus I couldn't wait to post progress pics after that!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
So true about the pics!

When I posted my before one I was dying. I was embarrassed and there was no denying how out of shape I was. With the exception of a few comments, one using it as an avatar, it was worth the support I got. Plus I couldn't wait to post progress pics after that!
yep, the before pics can and usually are difficult but having those will show you that you are going in the right direction and making good progress.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Goals

I love fitday, but I just found out there was a forum so I'm excited.

I want to take before and after pictures, cause those are usually great motivation.

Staring weight: 110 lbs
Short term goal: 107 lbs
Long term and ultimate goal: 105 lbs.

I think this is reasonable for me personally, but losing only 5 lbs is really tough for me cause I've been stuck at this weight for ever it seems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.