Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

YEP, you definitely got my attention with the "Hey Fattie" !

Just joined the site today and came across your very upfront and honest post right off the bat whole searching for those "weight loss tips".

Well, thank you very much for your bold "tell it like it is" manner 'cause sometimes that is what people need to hear. The truth sometimes hurts, but it is what it is and all this denial is what got me here to begin with. So I begin this fat journey once again...am the proverbial yo-yo dieter...and hope to make this one a lifestyle change rather than just another diet! I only have ~ 30 lbs. or so to lose---mylord, just typing "only" tells me I need a different mindset because 30 means I'm overweight and unhealthy---and hope to reach my goals with the inspiration and support I see over here.

Thanks for my first day EYE OPENER
Old 09-20-2010, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
wow, that's some great progress. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see the pics. Thanks for the update!
Don't worry I'll have the pics in 12 weeks. I did not take before and after pics for the first 12 weeks which is a bummer. This time pics were a must, for the contest. I have had my eye on first place for a month now, and my contest just started today. Grand prize is $1000 dollars.

I was going to post the contest on this site but I wasn't really sure if that violated the TOS.

Here it is anyways: Fat Loss Quick Weight Loss Transformation Contest Burn Fat

If anyone joins ttmembers or buys tt, let me know because there are referral bonuses for us.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

07thatgirl- I'm glad I got your attention and you enjoyed the thread. Welcome aboard.

midwestj- I just looked up TT, the people they show on the website have had great results for sure. Is it really just 45 mins/day for 3 days/week?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

"The truth will set you free . . .but first it will P*SS you off" is a favorite quote of mine. I like your brutal honesty and you are RIGHT -- it is our own doing and only we can change it.

I have struggled with this for four years now as I saw 63 pounds of an 83 pound loss creep back on. And I was Miss SUPERFIT for three years when I lost that 83 pounds.

But I started with shortcuts, with slips, with slides and then I started reading those "have a normal relationship with food" books that told me I could eat anything I want if I just learned to listen to my body???!!!!

Okay -- yeah, maybe in 15 years of therapy to undo the conditioning that taught me a serving of Doritos is a whole bag and that food is a reward and a comfort. But until that 15 years of therapy is UP, then I have to have a plan and work the plan -- daily, hourly, minute-to-minute.

I just got home from my walk and was ravenous. I put together a wrap of lean beef, whole grain tortilla arugula and lo-fat, no sugar dressing and 2% swiss cheese (BTW -- I never use commercially-graded "lo or no" fat, I only choose products that are lower in fat and cals by the nature product, not the desire for some conglomerate to pump the food with artificial crap that tries to fool my tastebuds and fails). I logged it in faithfully and realized it put my cals at 900 for the day so far. That leaves me about 500-600 for my range.

I PANICKED. It made me want to throw down in the fridge. But I talked myself off the ledge and reminded myself that the peasant stew in the crock pot (chick breast, tomatoes, chiles, beans, garlic, onions and spices) for dinner can be two BIG bowls plus some brown rice topped with fresh cilantro and finished with decaf and a piece of dark chocolate for around 400 cals TOTAL. LEaving me room for a 100-200 cal snack around 3:00 OR a glass of wine. So all in all -- I've got plenty of cals left.

These are things I have to re-learn.

But it's all planning, adjusting the plan, staying on top of the plan, reworking the plan, loving the plan and above all -- LOVING ME enough to want to be fit, healthy, full of energy, outstandingly beautiful, smart, organized, well-adjusted. It all goes hand in hand.'

SO with that ramble -- thanks for the brutal honesty - I believe in it. I also believe in rewarding yourself with real kindness when you face the truth and take it on, head on, with a plan!!!

I'm going to go take a picture now (yeeeeckkk) and use it as a reminder daily!

A
Old 09-22-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by brandismom1990
"The truth will set you free . . .but first it will P*SS you off" is a favorite quote of mine. I like your brutal honesty and you are RIGHT -- it is our own doing and only we can change it.

I have struggled with this for four years now as I saw 63 pounds of an 83 pound loss creep back on. And I was Miss SUPERFIT for three years when I lost that 83 pounds.

But I started with shortcuts, with slips, with slides and then I started reading those "have a normal relationship with food" books that told me I could eat anything I want if I just learned to listen to my body???!!!!

Okay -- yeah, maybe in 15 years of therapy to undo the conditioning that taught me a serving of Doritos is a whole bag and that food is a reward and a comfort. But until that 15 years of therapy is UP, then I have to have a plan and work the plan -- daily, hourly, minute-to-minute.

I just got home from my walk and was ravenous. I put together a wrap of lean beef, whole grain tortilla arugula and lo-fat, no sugar dressing and 2% swiss cheese (BTW -- I never use commercially-graded "lo or no" fat, I only choose products that are lower in fat and cals by the nature product, not the desire for some conglomerate to pump the food with artificial crap that tries to fool my tastebuds and fails). I logged it in faithfully and realized it put my cals at 900 for the day so far. That leaves me about 500-600 for my range.

I PANICKED. It made me want to throw down in the fridge. But I talked myself off the ledge and reminded myself that the peasant stew in the crock pot (chick breast, tomatoes, chiles, beans, garlic, onions and spices) for dinner can be two BIG bowls plus some brown rice topped with fresh cilantro and finished with decaf and a piece of dark chocolate for around 400 cals TOTAL. LEaving me room for a 100-200 cal snack around 3:00 OR a glass of wine. So all in all -- I've got plenty of cals left.

But it's all planning, adjusting the plan, staying on top of the plan, reworking the plan, loving the plan and above all -- LOVING ME enough to want to be fit, healthy, full of energy, outstandingly beautiful, smart, organized, well-adjusted. It all goes hand in hand.'

A

I love all of it. SOOO true. We are sick, it's like any other diseases involving decision-making (like drug addiction). But the nice thing is we can control it (although not get rid of it -in fact we gain all the weight back most of the times-), we just need not to be too indulgent with ourselves.
We can all do it, and we will be so happy after achieving our goal. Actually I feel very happy already, just knowing that I'm doing what's best for me, no guilt!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
07thatgirl- I'm glad I got your attention and you enjoyed the thread. Welcome aboard.

midwestj- I just looked up TT, the people they show on the website have had great results for sure. Is it really just 45 mins/day for 3 days/week?
The Scheduled workouts are 20-25 minutes of weightlifting followed by a 20 minute HIIT session. I definitely get in and out of the gym in less than an hour. TT also recommends 30 minutes of light activity on your off days, and this can practically be anything depending on your level of fitness, as long as its not weight lifting or something really strenuous. I do things like house chores, mowing the lawn, playing catch with the football, walking dogs etc.

As long as you aren't taking too much rest, and not waiting around for equipment the workouts are short, and really give you some good pump.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

midwestj - I just looked at your food log. I love the way you split it up per meal. I just did the same think and pre-logged tomorrow's food. Smart thinking there!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks.

I made a custom food and named it with underscores to help me separate my meals, and keep better track of my calorie intake. Its also less confusing for anyone who wants to critique my food intake. Also if you believe at all in nutrient timing and management it can help a lot there.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by midwestj
Thanks.

I made a custom food and named it with underscores to help me separate my meals, and keep better track of my calorie intake. Its also less confusing for anyone who wants to critique my food intake. Also if you believe at all in nutrient timing and management it can help a lot there.
Great idea! Think I'll steal it.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the great post. I just joined on here today, even though I have been working hard over the last month to lose weight. And you are right, seeing a picture of yourself really speaks louder than anything. I am at 145 now, was at 151 a month ago and have been eating healthy and running 5 miles 3-4 times a week. The weight is slowly coming off and I feel great. Still want to lose another 10-15 but happy with my progress so far. You look great and keep up the good work. Posts like this are always very motivating!

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.