Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree0Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default 7 Day Accountability starting 3/13/17: Keep on trucking, baby!!!

OK fine, I'll start.

Goals:
1) stop eating like a linebacker:
2) drink water like a boss (6 glasses minimum, OK a low level boss):
3) do not get into pointless arguments and say mean things (please no one tempt me, Mike) Failed already
4) Veggies are my friends, eat them:
5) Walk this way. In fact, walk any way:
6) Write, real writing:

I am researching Fitbits. I am serious. I lost .6 lbs last week. True, I had food loving guests who are now trapped here due to a snowstorm. But Jeez, .6 lbs, seriously? Especially since i had gained back the 2 lbs i lost between Wednesday and Friday.

And your goals are...?
__________________
Hope

Last edited by canary52; 03-13-2017 at 04:19 PM.
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
FitDay Member
 
zootnarf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 141
Send a message via AIM to zootnarf
Default

Ooops, I was afraid that was going to happen. Hopefully, Mike can delete the other thread I created.

This Week's Goals:
1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days):
2) 10,000 steps (7 days):
3) Log all food (7 days):
4) Stairs (3 days):
5) Strength band exercises (3 days):

Leaving on Thursday for a weekend in Vegas, so I know these goals are not going to be met then. I'm just hoping for a good four days until I leave.

Have a healthy week, everyone!
__________________
Highest weight ever (Aug 1991): 240 lbs
Recent FitDay reboot starting weight (Feb 2017): 155 lbs
Current weight: 146 lbs
Goal weight: 145 lbs
zootnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default

Glad you're in, Zoot! I kinda liked your title: Shake Your Move Thing. Good specific goals. And ya never know, maybe you will keep some up in Vegas though it IS a food town. But you can do LOTS of walking there.
__________________
Hope
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canary52 View Post
OK fine, I'll start.

Goals:
1) stop eating like a linebacker:
2) drink water like a boss (6 glasses minimum, OK a low level boss):
3) do not get into pointless arguments and say mean things (please no one tempt me, Mike) Failed already
4) Veggies are my friends, eat them:
5) Walk this way. In fact, walk any way:
6) Write, real writing:

I am researching Fitbits. I am serious. I lost .6 lbs last week. True, I had food loving guests who are now trapped here due to a snowstorm. But Jeez, .6 lbs, seriously? Especially since i had gained back the 2 lbs i lost between Wednesday and Friday.

And your goals are...?
Hey now!!! My arguments are never pointless. Love your goals!! .6 isn't bad, don't beat yourself up over it. That's what I'm here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zootnarf View Post
Ooops, I was afraid that was going to happen. Hopefully, Mike can delete the other thread I created.

This Week's Goals:
1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days):
2) 10,000 steps (7 days):
3) Log all food (7 days):
4) Stairs (3 days):
5) Strength band exercises (3 days):

Leaving on Thursday for a weekend in Vegas, so I know these goals are not going to be met then. I'm just hoping for a good four days until I leave.

Have a healthy week, everyone!
I deleted it. Thanks y'all for getting us started today. You should kill your step goal while in Vegas.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,030
Default

My goals will be streamlined, I hope I will be too one day.

1) 13k steps per day
2) 100 oz water per day
3) 3 servings of fruits and veggies
4) weigh in on Friday (be at or below 203.4)
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Kathy13118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,767
Default

Can I just keep my goals from last week?

Monday: 10 pushups, 30 second plank

I might be stuck at 30 seconds for a while.
Kathy13118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #7
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default

"Hey now!!! My arguments are never pointless. Love your goals!! .6 isn't bad, don't beat yourself up over it. That's what I'm here for."

I knew you were here for something lol!!!

Kathy, I think that's totally legit and I don;t even think I can do a plank for 5 seconds. I'd rather walk the plank than do one!! Bad joke.
__________________
Hope
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #8
FitDay Member
 
zootnarf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 141
Send a message via AIM to zootnarf
Default

Oh yes, there will be many, many steps in Vegas, but I don't think it's possible to get enough steps to offset the food and drink that will be consumed. I'm shooting for moderation in intake. Seems like a reasonable goal, so we'll see how that goes!
__________________
Highest weight ever (Aug 1991): 240 lbs
Recent FitDay reboot starting weight (Feb 2017): 155 lbs
Current weight: 146 lbs
Goal weight: 145 lbs
zootnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
Can I just keep my goals from last week?

Monday: 10 pushups, 30 second plank

I might be stuck at 30 seconds for a while.
absolutely
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #10
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,269
Default

Goals:
1) stop eating like a linebacker: YUP (and lost 2 lbs.)
2) drink water like a boss (6 glasses minimum, OK a low level boss): six
3) do not get into pointless arguments and say mean things (please no one tempt me, Mike) Failed already
4) Veggies are my friends, eat them: could do better
5) Walk this way. In fact, walk any way: yes
6) Write, real writing: YES
__________________
Hope

Last edited by canary52; 03-14-2017 at 03:34 PM.
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On