Motivation & Support: 01/09 - 01/15

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support: 01/09 - 01/15

Old 01-09-2017, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support: 01/09 - 01/15

Hi hi, folksies!

Not much out of the ordinary for me last week. I successfully got back on track after a month of *ahem*relaxed*ahem* eating . I went back to reasonable eating and calorie-averaging because that feels the most natural to me.

I'm thrilled to report that, as of this morning (my "official" weekly weigh-in), 2.5 of the 5 pounds I gained have gone away. For me, that's a MASSIVE loss. I'm usually lucky to do 2-3 pounds in a month! I expect this week's loss will be MUCH less... maybe a half pound... if I'm lucky (and diligent).

Haha look at me being all optimistic -- notice I said "this week's loss" as if a loss was a given. This is me we're talking about. A loss is NEVER a given for me, no matter how closely I stick to plan!

So, anyway, what's up with you? How did last week go? Are there any challenges you'll be facing this week?
Old 01-09-2017, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

I just realized what was missing from my opening post. Back in the day, when this thread was, in fact, a weekly thing, populated by dozens of folks, we used to post up our personal goals, plans, strategies or whatever on Monday. Then, during the week, we'd check in (most of us daily, some of us more than that, others less) to update our progress toward those goals, plans and strategies. And of course, to cheer on those who were having success and prop up those who faced challenges.

Well, for me, the numerical nature of those posts (and the incredible amount of detail) eventually became a bit overwhelming and burdensome. So for this new iteration, I'm going to try to streamline things a bit. Rather than so many numerical details, I'll just give general strats and general updates/ratings/grade.

My Strategy for the week of January 9 through January 15, 2017

1) 7-day rolling average for calories should fall between 1400 and 1500.
2) 7-day rolling average for sodium should fall between 1000 and 1500.
3) Minimize junkier stuff.
4) Don't skimp on protein.
5) Get those teas in/stay hydrated.

Yeah, that's good for now, eh? It's a work-in-progress (just like me!) so I'll probably tweak things as I get rolling. Let's see how it goes.

Anyone else want to give it a try?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Monday: Good start, no deviations from plan. Rating: 10/10
Old 01-11-2017, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

One of the hardest aspect of weight management for me is handling my high days. I calorie cycle. In any given week, I have some high days and some low days such that in any given 7-day period, my average calories falls in what I've determined as my acceptable range.

It's easy enough to have a low day. Just don't eat much. Since I'm limiting calories, I try to be diligent about making each one count. The high days are a different matter. It's very tempting to go high by eating not-so-good-for-ya foods. A nice chunk of cake will bump those calories right up!

So far this year (all 10 days of it), I've resisted that temptation. But it's hard work!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

Tuesday: Average calories falling a bit -- need to adjust. Good day otherwise. Rating:10/10
Old 01-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
I just realized what was missing from my opening post. Back in the day, when this thread was, in fact, a weekly thing, populated by dozens of folks, we used to post up our personal goals, plans, strategies or whatever on Monday. Then, during the week, we'd check in (most of us daily, some of us more than that, others less) to update our progress toward those goals, plans and strategies. And of course, to cheer on those who were having success and prop up those who faced challenges.

Well, for me, the numerical nature of those posts (and the incredible amount of detail) eventually became a bit overwhelming and burdensome. So for this new iteration, I'm going to try to streamline things a bit. Rather than so many numerical details, I'll just give general strats and general updates/ratings/grade.

Yeah, that's good for now, eh? It's a work-in-progress (just like me!) so I'll probably tweak things as I get rolling. Let's see how it goes.

Anyone else want to give it a try?
We need to back to those good ole days of support. I recently found out that my bad cholesterol is high and my good is low. It's to be expected because I haven't been holding myself accountable. I'm a little late to the game but better late than never, right?

1) 100 ounces of water per day
2) no eating past 9pm
3) be down to 208.8 by Friday's weigh in.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Have you ever tested your scale? I did! At the New Year, I tested my scale for accuracy. I took a 5-pound dumbbell and an 8-pound dumbbell and weighed them separately and together. Looks as if my scale is 100% accurate. Now, as to whether that is good news or bad...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
...I recently found out that my bad cholesterol is high and my good is low...
Gotta flip that around, buddy!

...but better late than never, right?...
Absolutely right!

...3) be down to 208.8 by Friday's weigh in.
Fingers crossed for ya!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tuesday: Average calories falling a bit -- need to adjust. Good day otherwise. Rating:10/10
Wednesday: Struggled a bit to get appropriate foods in, but successfully resisted the urge to compensate with inappropriates. Rating 9/10 (because of low calories)
Old 01-12-2017, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Epi!

1) 100 ounces of water per day not quite
2) no eating past 9pm no eating
3) be down to 208.8 by Friday's weigh in.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

My tip for today: CHECK EXPIRATION DATES

Last night, I popped open a bottle of sparkling lime/berry water. Sure, it had been in the pantry for a while, but it's water, right? Surely water can't spoil. I opened it and took a sniff -- it didn't smell particularly good but I took a sip anyway (what the heck was I thinking -- I already said it didn't smell very good...). HOLEY MOLEY it was ATROCIOUS!! Checked the date; it had expired February 29, 2016. Yep, almost a year PAST expire date. And I believe water dates are typically 2 years out.

Had to drink a bunch of regular water AND brush my teeth to get rid of the taste. All told, though, I suppose the experience DID get me to get in a bit more water (Epi, always the optimist).

But anyway, yeah, the remainder of the 6-pack is going out out out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday: Struggled a bit to get appropriate foods in, but successfully resisted the urge to compensate with inappropriates. Rating 9/10 (because of low calories)
Thursday: Still working to push average calories up to acceptable range. Rating: 10/10