7 Day Motivational Thread starting March 21 - March 28 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting March 21 - March 28

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting March 21 - March 28

Old 03-21-2016, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread starting March 21 - March 28

Hi all. Are you ready for a brand new week? I had my eye surgery this morning and although things are not perfect they are better than before. In a few days I hope to get back to normal. I will be resting for most of the day.
I hope that your weigh ins are good and we are all dropping pounds.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

glad your surgery went well, Libby.

I'm going to bow out for a while.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

And then there were none.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

I had a non-scale victory yesterday! We have steps at the front entrance to our house and for YEARS I've had to very carefully take one step at a time using both feet on each step--yesterday I was in a hurry to get my shopping bags inside before getting wet and I took each step in turn with alternating feet without realizing it! Again today I was able to do the same thing! This may be simple for some but it feels so good for me!

Libby, I hope you feel better soon!

Vicki
Old 03-22-2016, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

That is a victory Vicki
Old 03-24-2016, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

We had an ice storm and a power failure last night. I am happy to see that our lights and heat are back on this morning.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Libby. Glad your heat and lights are back on.
Vicki, what a major NSV! that is freaking awesome!

Well, I'm going to try to stick around and not be a complete downer. I was going to go silent for a while because my attitude sucks right now. I would rather not say anything than risk being overly negative. If I get that way, forgive me in advance. I'm just reaaaallllly struggling right now. I can't remember the last time I logged, and I've been eating larger portions and drinking tons of soda. I don't know how to stop the madness and get out of this terrible cycle. It's so easy to say, "Just stop doing it." But in reality, it's not that easy to actually do. I've been feeling resentful of the fact that I have to weigh, measure and log every morsel that hits my lips, and the feeling that I can't enjoy anything. I like eating, and I love food. I had been missing it. I'm near tears right now with the frustration. Even though it's a small group right now, I do need this group.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

And then there were none.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I felt like everyone was jumping ship and I was ready to give up too.

Vicky and Lisa, You don't know how glad I was to see you posting. I would rather hear honestly how things are going than not hear any thing at all.
I haven't been doing well the last couple of days and my weight is up about 5 pounds. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning because it's part of being accountable to myself and my friends on the board. We all fall down some times but the key to success is getting back up again.

Debbie and all the other people who haven't posted in a while, I miss you.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I too am struggling....that coupled with the fact that I can rarely even log in here has kept me from posting. Things at work are so crazy and busy so logging in the day is impossible. My home life is equally as busy...just not crazy. Anyway.....enough of the belly aching.

Today we're hosting a family dinner for my son's b-day. I have a yummy menu planned! Salmon cooked on a cedar plank, grilled shrimp, mussels which is a new recipe I haven't tried from Skinny Taste....it looks soooo good!! Then I'm grilling peppers and zuchinni, basmati rice and a yummy salad (also from the Skinny Taste cookbook) for sides. Then of course birthday cake and ice cream for desert. So a pretty healthy meal....that's how I always cook. I'm not one for sweets so I don't have cake or ice cream....just makes me feel sick. My struggle and extra calories will be from the wine serve with our meal. Those calories add up fast!!

Tomorrow we're taking the kids and some friends to the trampoline park for my son's bday. Later in the day, I'm meeting a friend for coffee....then the Easter Bunny comes tomorrow night I'm looking forward to a restful day on Sunday where we have nothing planned!

I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone with struggling. However, in the past when we have struggled we always end up getting up and dusting ourselves off and keep moving forward. I know this time we'll all do the same....get up dust off and carry on We can do this.....just don't lose faith!

Have a great Easter weekend all!
Old 03-25-2016, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I didn't want to weigh in for the final spring challenge weigh in, but I took to heart your post that said "accountability to myself AND my friends on the board." so I weighed in, was sadly disappointed, but now moving on.

Debbie, that sounds like a very healthy dinner! I hate fish and sea food, so I'm glad I'm not coming over and being rude by not eating, lol. But for those of you who like it, it sounds great! Good side dishes too. Be careful with the wine! Happy birthday to your son!

In celebration of dh working again and because we haven't been able to for a long time, our family is going out to dinner....unfortunately minus sami because she has to work. We are going to the Black Bear Diner. Jeff and I went there for our date night not too long ago, and I liked my dinner so much that I asked to go there again.

I did terrible overall for the spring challenge. a net loss of just 1.4 lbs through the duration. but, it's a loss, however small it is.

I'm getting a new tv for my bedroom since the one I had broke and I haven't had one for about a month now. It's coming on Tuesday. anyways, it has a built in dvd player. If I were motivated enough, I could do my exercise videos in the privacy and comfort of my own bedroom without anybody walking by and interrupting or bothering me. I'm hoping I do get motivated enough. I've got to get past this mental or emotional block, whatever it is, that is keeping me from progressing. I don't even know what the true underlying problem is, let alone how I can get over it. I never was able to get in with a therapist to figure out that problem and work on my bipolar stuff. I can still hope that we'll figure out a way, though.

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend. Debbie, enjoy your weekend with family and friends for your son's birthday and Easter. Libby, you enjoy your Easter too. We're not doing anything for Easter. Our extended family doesn't get together anymore, and our kids are teens and up now so we don't do the eggs or anything. But to make it seem like something of a holiday, I'm cooking a slab of corned beef, potatoes, carrots and cabbage in the crock pot. I hope it turns out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.