Community
Notices

Motivation 2/29-3/6

Old 02-29-2016, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation 2/29-3/6

Anyone want to join me here for another week?
Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Finally! FitDay has not been very nice to me lately! I could read everyone else's posts, but it wouldn't let me post anything!

I'm still here--still trying to eat right, exercise smart and lose weight. I'm still in for the long-haul!

I have a new job--Lifestyle and Wellness Coach for our local YMCA and I'm super excited about it! I've been busy with the online training and I'll finish the in-person training in New Orleans later this week. I've been to NO before, but never alone; so I'm rather nervous about being in the Big Easy on my own. On the other hand, it could be rather fun!

I'm also another year older since the last time I posted--thanks to having another birthday. Those things are beginning to add up! Vicki
Old 02-29-2016, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - I'm joining you for another week!

Vicki - Congrats on the new position!! I bet that will be a nice job....feeling like you're helping others. You've made a lot of progress and have been very committed to a healthy lifestyle so I know you'll be great at inspiring others!

Libby - Where art thou?

Anybody else chiming in this week? ....anyone....anyone?

I went to the chiro and massage therapist today and feel a bit better. I'm hoping I can do cardio on the bike tomorrow! I think it will be a few days before I'm able to lift again....**sigh** I was just getting back into a routine after the darn cold, then this! Grrr! I will not let this stop me from striving to reach my goals!!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Vicki congratulations on the new job!!!! that's fantastic! I bet you'll be really good at it. Let us know how it goes.

debbie I hope you are feeling better very quickly!

I'm on the tail end of my cold. still have a lingering cough, but not all the time like it had been. I just feel so dang worn out. I've been sleeping a lot more than usual even, and I normally sleep a lot anyways. Hopefully I'll feel more like myself very soon.

I made roasted potatoes, carrots and onions with kielbasa for dinner tonight. I did really well on portion control with the potatoes, but I ate entirely too much kielbasa. It was so darn good though, I couldn't help it.

Hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all, I'm here. We are back to winter temps again and I am back to knitting.
I should have all the pieces done by the end of the week and then I should have it put together in another week. All the best to you in your new job Vicky
and happy belated birthday. Thanks for the shout out Debbie. I am so glad that you are doing well in your weight loss again and I hope that the aches and pains go away quickly.

Goals for the week:

Drink more water
Eat more vegetables
Exercise will come later
Old 03-01-2016, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hiho, Fitday Friends!

Happy MARCH 1!!! We made it through February -- good for us!

I see the text-enhancement buttons haven't been fixed yet. /sigh Looks like we'll have to continue going old school.

Vicki: I'll chime in and say CONGRATS on the new job! That's fantastic! From what I've seen of you here on here forums, your compassion for others will translate very well in that position. Your clients will be lucky to have you! Have fun in New Orleans. I've only been there once (back in 1988) but I still remember that trip and it was FAN. TAS. TIC! Happy Belated Birthday, too!

Debbie: Hope you're feeling better today. Did you get the biking in?

Lisa: Hope you're feeling better, too!

Libby: It has been an odd winter for many folks. Places where it should be warm have been chilly, places where it should be cold are balmy. Then, the next day, it flips. Mother Nature keeping us on our toes, I suppose!

As for me, same old, same old. Since it's a new month, however, I decided to make a couple of tiny tweaks. First, I'm going to try to get back to yoga. I cleared a space, found a short Youtube routine and followed it. Man, I couldn't even make it through the full 15 minutes. I got to 13 or so, then had to go back to Corpse Pose (which is exactly what it sounds like, haha). While I enjoy going to a class, I can't justify the cost yet unless/until I really get back into it. In the meantime, I can do it at home. I'm aiming for 2-3 times a week for a few weeks to see how it goes.

Second minor tweak was to (*gulp*) take measurements. Eep, what an eye-opener, and not in a good way. For one thing, I found it nearly impossible to take my own measurements. So awkward! It's going to be difficult to remember exactly where I positioned the tape-measure next time. Thus, I have a sinking feeling there will be no accuracy whatsoever in subsequent measurements. However, I'm too embarrassed to have anyone else measure me because the results were fairly horrendous (goodness, what a blobby body I have) and I don't want to scare anyone, haha. The plan is to only do this once a month on the 1st.

Why am I subjecting myself to more torture? Isn't the scale bad enough? Eh, why the heck not? Maybe the tape will show me something good after a few months. What have I got to lose? Haha funny question on a weight-loss forum...

Anyway, enjoy your evening, folks!
Old 03-01-2016, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all

Epixi - Yep, we're still going old school here. I did send an email to fitday support. Hopefully it's fixed soon Great job on getting back to yoga!! There's TONS of free stuff out there...I too see no need to get a membership...unless someone needs that for motivation. Yes, I did get in the biking session. Felt okay, but my neck and back are still not quite right.

Libby - You have to post a picture of the sweater when it's done!!

Lisa - Glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm on the mend too...but still not feeling 100%. I have another chiro appointment on Thursday and another massage on Sunday. Hopefully I'm back in full swing next week! In the meantime, the bike is my friend

Have a great evening all!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Vicki, I forgot to say...Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a great day for you.

Epi, yoga is so good for you. Doesn't matter if you couldn't do the whole 15 minutes right out of the gate. You'll get there. I would like to give it a try myself one of these days. I also have a hard time remembering exactly where I measured myself the last time. I think as long as you get it close, you'll see a trend over time.

Libby glad to see you here for another week too. is the sweater for you or a gift for someone else?

Debbie, I hope the chiro and massages are helping to get you back to normal. If the bike is working for you, keep at it until you're healed properly.

As for me, nothing new to report. I'm below my calorie goal for the day. That doesn't happen real often, so I'm happy about that. I have been drinking too much regular soda. Need to nip that in the bud before it gets crazy out of control again.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

I purchased the yarn a few years ago and intended to knit myself a sweater to wear when I achieved my goal weight. I knit it in the smallest size on the pattern but it looks quite generous. The pattern is Kertzer weekend jacket
SRK 180, knit with Marble chunky yarn. You can find it on ravelry.
My day went well and better than yesterday. I just need to string a few good days together and maybe I will have a better weigh in on Friday.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

My birthday was interesting: I had boiled beef tongue w/veggies for lunch and grilled lamb w/ salad for supper followed by going to see the movie 'Risen'--which was pretty good. (For those who haven't seen it, the movie's about the death/resurrection of Christ from the perspective of a Roman centurion.) I didn't do cake or ice cream; I thought about making low-carb carrot muffins, but think about it is all I did!

I'm still having trouble posting on this site--Quick Reply isn't working for me. Instead I have to hit 'Quote', delete the quote and type in my reply. Is anyone else having this issue?

Packing and getting ready to leave for NO and taking snacks that work for me! Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.