Motivation & Support 2/15-2/21 >

Motivation & Support 2/15-2/21

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 2/15-2/21

Old 02-15-2016, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 2/15-2/21

Is everyone ready for another week? Buckle up & hang on. Don't let the bumps in the road throw you off the wagon! We've all proven at one point or another that we can do this. A lot of us have been either stuck or struggling (me, for one!). I know we can all break through this rough patch that seems to be going around. Great job to Libby who lost about 1/2 lb, and Hope who lost 2 lbs. Brian lost a whopping 6 lbs at Friday's weigh-in!!!

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 02-15-2016 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

I broke through a rough patch of my own and am down 3 lbs this week, and that was even weighing myself in the morning (afternoons are my lowest of the day).

The glucomannan capsules yesterday seemed to really help, and I'm looking forward to seeing if I get the same results today. Epi, no rumbling yet! Although the bottle says to take 3 before a meal, I think 6-9 in one day very well could cause some rumbling! I may go to 2, but definitely not 3. At least not until my body is used to something as foreign as fiber in my stomach lol.

I have my day pretty much planned, even going out with my darling hubby tonight. I'm going to have a tri-tip with sauteed peppers, mushrooms and jack cheese with au jus for dipping along with some cole slaw instead of fries or onion rings. That's because I don't want to go completely off the charts when I have apple crumble a la mode. Not that opting for cole slaw instead of something fried will matter all that much because just in the food I'll be just below my entire goal for a day, not including a glass or two of soda. BUT I think I'm making reasonable choices, at least better than some I can make, while still indulging in some great food.

As for my once-in-a-blue-moon date with my husband, I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it. I think he's the bee's knees.

Let's all have a good week!!!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Sometimes all we can do if make the best choices from the options presented to us at the time! Enjoy your time out and savor every morsel--especially the apple crumble! Keep us posted to your results with the glucomannan capsules--I've tried the pasta substitute made from glucomannan and I'm not a big fan of them, but I might consider the capsules. Vicki
Old 02-15-2016, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Lisa, thank you for getting us all started for another awesome fitday week! I'm still not quite over this freakin cold, but I am starting to feel better'so that's good! I'm planning to change things up this week to see if I can break this plateau. My plan is try calorie cycling/carb cycling. I plan to jeep my protein and fat the same every day, but change up the amount of carb I'm eating. So in the end, some days end up being lower calorie and lower carb and vice versa. I'm also planning to change some of my cardio from low intensity steady state (LISS) to high intensity interval training (HIIT). I used to mostly do HIIT in the past, but after hurting my foot, I eventually turned to LISS.

So long story short, for this week I'm planning to keep my calories at 1400 average per day, calorie/carb cycle, 80 oz. water per day and do 3 HIIT and 2 LIIS cardio workouts plus 3 full body strength workouts per week and change my core workouts to mostly focus on transverse abdominal exercises. Hoping this gets the scale moving without having to reduce calories.

Lisa - Have fun tonight!!

Vicki - I've been curious to try shirataki noodles, but have never actually tried them. How did you prepare them?

Hope we all have a successful week!
Old 02-15-2016, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, I didn't know shiratke noodles were made from glucomannan. I tried them a couple times years ago. Did you rinse them really well before preparing them? I thought they were ok, but not my fav. I prefer spiralized zucchini sooooo much more in place of spaghetti.

Debbie, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. On the bright side of your family being away, you're getting lots of peace and quiet and time to relax and feel better.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie & Lisa: When I tried them the first time, I don't think I rinsed them enough and they tasted almost sour. The next few times, I rinsed them and rinsed them and rinsed them! Then I put them on thick paper towels to dry for a bit before adding them to my cooked onions and mushrooms. I made an alfredo-like sauce with chicken stock and cream cheese to go with my noodle/veggie mix. It was better, but the texture takes some getting used to! They are rather like tofu in that they absorb the taste of whatever sauce you use.

Debbie: Enjoy the peace and quiet! Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 02-15-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I forgot to comment earlier on your plan to mix things up. Sometimes a little shake up in the routine is just the thing that's needed. What types of exercises do you do with with LISS?

As for my dinner date...it was fabulous!!! The company was the best part, and the food was a close 2nd. I almost didn't go. I felt like I didn't have anything to talk about, and then I felt guilty for going out to a nice dinner while the kids just had McD's. I'm so glad I decided to go. We had such a nice time. The food was sooooo good! I'm about 1200 calories over my goal for the day lol. Oh well. Actually, though, it could have been a lot worse. I chose cole slaw instead of fries or onion rings, and I'm so glad I did. The slaw was super good, and I know I liked it more than I would have a side of fries or onion rings. We shared dessert, and it was very good too. To make up for my guilt of leaving the kids (who are 14 and 15 and perfectly capable of being home alone) I made Jeff stop at Culver's and get them each a pint of ice cream. We didn't get them anything for Valentine's Day, so that was their treat.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone!

I'm still doing well, just really busy this week working on taxes and FAFSA. My last year having to deal with FAFSA! Can I hear an AMEN!! lol It's not bad enough having to do your taxes, but then having to basically do them a second time in another form. Ugh.

I'll be on track and logging, but probably not posting a whole lot this week.

Good luck everyone! Make it a great week!
Old 02-16-2016, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Debbie, I forgot to comment earlier on your plan to mix things up. Sometimes a little shake up in the routine is just the thing that's needed. What types of exercises do you do with with LISS?

Lisa - For LISS I will be doing the stationary bike and for HIIT I will be using the elliptical. If it weren't winter, I could also walk outdoors for the LISS workouts. I do have a treadmill but don't enjoy walking on it. When I get my weight back down, I may start up running again so my treadmill will get some use again

Glad you enjoyed the night out with your husband!!
Old 02-16-2016, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just popping in to say hi and wish you all well for this week. Supper is done and I'm going to watch some TV and go to bed early. I just wish my cold would go away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.