Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now! >

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Notices

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Old 02-11-2016, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

It has been extremely hard to get back on track since I messed up over a week ago. Tomorrow will not be good.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I know first hand how difficult it can be getting back on track after being off for even a week. I also know that you are a very strong person with determination and perseverance. Give yourself a break a little and make small goals each week and increase from there. It takes some time to get everything in line again. I know you can do it...I have lots of faith in you. You have been an inspiration to me so many times during my bouts of struggling. You can do it. Why will tomorrow not be good?
Old 02-12-2016, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

where is everyone hiding? come out, come out wherever you are!

I weighed in today. I had a loss from last Friday, but I was ashamed and didn't log it in the Friday weigh-in so I don't know exactly how much I lost. Last Friday was a gain from the previous week by about 1.5-2 lbs if I remember right. That means I did have a good week since I'm .2 down from the week before last (before the last week). Truthfully I'm a little disappointed it wasn't more, but it is quite a bit down from last Friday so I need to be happy about that.

Hope everyone chimes in here tonight!
Old 02-12-2016, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Epi here, checking in! Happy Friday afternoon!

Lisa: So glad you had a loss, no matter how much. It's especially nice that you lost ALL the gain, plus a little bit, to boot. To paraphrase you like to say... I'd call that a win!

Libby: You're making the right moves, getting back on track. It can be tough. We've all been there. At some point, I'd hazard a guess we'll all be there at one time or another in the future. You can do it. We got your back.

As for me, nothing shaking here. Nothing out of the ordinary. Sticking to plan. And sadly, not seeing any significant scale movement. I swear, I have to be the slowest loser (and on the flip side, the fastest gainer) in the world.

On the positive side, just had a blood pressure check and it's better than it's been in years. It's like seriously normal, not just hovering on the edge of normal. For someone who has a family history of high blood pressure (mother, father, aunties, uncles, cousins, grandma... yeah, all of 'em), the unremarkable-ness of my current blood pressure is truly remarkable.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
where is everyone hiding? come out, come out wherever you are!

I weighed in today. I had a loss from last Friday, but I was ashamed and didn't log it in the Friday weigh-in so I don't know exactly how much I lost. Last Friday was a gain from the previous week by about 1.5-2 lbs if I remember right. That means I did have a good week since I'm .2 down from the week before last (before the last week). Truthfully I'm a little disappointed it wasn't more, but it is quite a bit down from last Friday so I need to be happy about that.

Hope everyone chimes in here tonight!
A loss is a loss, congrats! I am still sucking wind. Not doing well. Today I was so stressed, I felt like I was going to have a melt down. That's saying a lot for me because I feel like I handle stress really well. I ended up having to go for a bike ride. I rode out to New Orleans and back (motorcycle, not bicycle!). It was only about 60 miles but It relieved a lot of stress.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats to everyone doing well this week. Well wishes to those struggling. I think I have another solid month of stress, then it should get better. I think we'll be moving into our new house in the next 2 weeks, then a couple more weeks of getting everything set up, etc.

We went out to the house the other day and saw a bald eagle soaring above. I'm guessing it was a bald eagle, it was an eagle with a white head. It kinda makes me nervous because there's a lot of big birds and probably predators roaming around out there and we have 2 small dogs. Which, which recently lost her hearing so it would be easy to sneak up on her.

Anyway, enough about me, how is everyone else doing?
Old 02-13-2016, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I'm feeling very down today. I was suppose to go away for the weekend with my family, but ended up catching my daughters cold. I opted out of going...I'd rather be feverish in my own bed. Plus, I didn't want to drag everyone to ruin anyone else's fun time. So here I am...sitting at home by myself and worried sick until I know my family has arrived to their destination safe and sound.

As for diet and exercise, I'm still doing well on the diet-front (although my scale would tell you different) but since I'm not feeling well I have missed 2 days of exercise and today will make it 3. I hope to feel good enough for at least a workout on the stationary bike tomorrow. I think it will be a few days before I have the strength to lift again.

***sigh*** why is it I always get sick or injured around family holidays!? At least this time it happened before we left....normally I get sick or injured while we're away.

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 02-13-2016, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Awwwww, Debbie, so sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Come on, Fitday Friends, we need to gather round to give our Debbie a great big ol' ...

(((G R O U P - H U G)))

As for diet and exercise, with a cold, I imagine you're not too hungry, but your energy is zapped. Don't fret over the exercise. You need rest. And tea .

Feel better soon, dear!
Old 02-13-2016, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Epixi Your post put a smile on my face!

Old 02-13-2016, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you get to feeling better very quickly, Debbie. Epi is right in that you'll feel zapped for a few days. I'll get in on that (((((((((group hug)))))))))))

I'm having an ok day so far. I've wanted to eat eat eat all day, but the only "bad" thing I did was have 113 calories on thin mint cookies (3 of them). Fortunately, that's all there was left or I may have had more. I really want to eat something right now, but I'm having a shake now and hoping that takes away the urges. It's not even 2:00, and dinner is a good 3-4 hours away. *heavy sigh* I hope I can make it.

Or maybe I need to be a little more firm with myself and say, "I WILL make it." Maybe I'm just giving myself too much slack and not enough tough love.

I'm actually looking forward to Monday's weigh-in. I'm really hoping to have a little breakthrough. I just need to be tough on myself the rest of the weekend and not give in. One good thing is that my daughter has my car. I can't go out and get anything. I'm housebound lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.