Notices

7 Day Motivation 2/1 - 2/7

Old 02-01-2016, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I got my 2 mile walk in today because we have 5-10" of snow coming in for tomorrow, which means I'm not going anywhere. lol I also mailed around 4 of the 6 lbs. of chocolates out to my daughter in college, which means there are still 2 lbs. of assorted chocolatey goodness calling my name in the fridge. (This is why I can't have fattening stuff in the house AT ALL! =)

I made grilled portabella burgers with homemade sweet potato fries and fresh fruit for supper, one of my favorites. =)
Old 02-02-2016, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'm up and at 'em early today, trying to beat the storm coming in. I have until noon, and then I'll be snowbound for a couple of days. The days are getting longer and we had a nice thaw over the weekend, but the snow that we lost will be replaced by 10-12" of new stuff today. **sigh** I'm SO ready for spring!

Got on the scale today, and I am STILL stuck on the same number that I've seen for the past 2 weeks. So disappointing. But, I will not cave in and I will not give up. 10 pounds to go. It's coming off much slower this time than any other attempt in the past, even walking 2 miles a day. My body has to let it go sooner or later, right?? Going to try increasing my water intake. For some reason, that usually gets the scale to start moving for me.

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 4

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. Y
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y
9. Log everything. Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y
Old 02-02-2016, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Now that I am over the flu I want to push my self to be more active and lose this weight. Yesterday was a good start because I kept my calories under 1000, drank more fluids and exercised for 25 minutes. I have my supper menu
logged and have roughly 350 more calories to play with today. I went back and read the posts from last week and saw that I was not the only one struggling. I hope that we all do better this week.
Debbie, My sweater is a varigated beige and blue which should look good with
dark washed denims. I can picture myself in size 5 skinny leg jeans and a white blouse and my sweater coat in the spring of 2017. I am also growing my hair so it should be shoulder length by then. It's good to have dreams but better to have them come true.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I'm up and at 'em early today, trying to beat the storm coming in. I have until noon, and then I'll be snowbound for a couple of days. The days are getting longer and we had a nice thaw over the weekend, but the snow that we lost will be replaced by 10-12" of new stuff today. **sigh** I'm SO ready for spring!

Got on the scale today, and I am STILL stuck on the same number that I've seen for the past 2 weeks. So disappointing. But, I will not cave in and I will not give up. 10 pounds to go. It's coming off much slower this time than any other attempt in the past, even walking 2 miles a day. My body has to let it go sooner or later, right?? Going to try increasing my water intake. For some reason, that usually gets the scale to start moving for me.

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 4

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. Y
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y
9. Log everything. Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y
That sounds like a blizzard to me. We had a blizzard a couple years ago, I think it was around an inch.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. Now that I am over the flu I want to push my self to be more active and lose this weight. Yesterday was a good start because I kept my calories under 1000, drank more fluids and exercised for 25 minutes. I have my supper menu
logged and have roughly 350 more calories to play with today. I went back and read the posts from last week and saw that I was not the only one struggling. I hope that we all do better this week.
Debbie, My sweater is a varigated beige and blue which should look good with
dark washed denims. I can picture myself in size 5 skinny leg jeans and a white blouse and my sweater coat in the spring of 2017. I am also growing my hair so it should be shoulder length by then. It's good to have dreams but better to have them come true.
Sounds like a nice outfit Yes dreams are good....making them come true all the better! Are you dropping calories and adding in exercise....or just adding in exercise?
Old 02-02-2016, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

On track again this week

Weekly Goals and Accountability
64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y
max. 1500 calories per day: M - y
take vitamins daily: M - y
full body workout (W, F & Su):
core workout (M, Th & Sa): M - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y

Last edited by lildebbieg; 02-03-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Woot woot! I'm posting two days in a row!

Gypsy: How have the macros been working for you? Do you find them easy to meet?

Lisa, Mike, Quinn: Thanks! The loss has been soooooo gradual (over 12 years), it's hard to realize that it happened. I honestly don't remember my 2004 body. I mean, I know I HAD one, but I don't remember much of what it felt like living in it.

Mike: Do you find building a home fun? I absolutely adore the building process. Have only done it twice but I'd LOVE to do it again. Sadly, my checkbook refuses to cooperate. I'm going to have to research this King Cake. Aside from these forums, I've never heard of it. Obviously, it's De. Li. Cious.

Tori: You do keep busy!

Libby: Don't be discouraged. You lost nearly 30 pounds in 4 months. That's phenomenal! A slight slowdown in January is probably just that. A slight slowdown. You're doing incredibly well. Heck, 2.5 is my typical month (I'm a sloooooow loser ). So glad to hear you're feeling better. That, too, could have had an impact on your weight loss. The body does weird things when systems are out-of-whack.

Quinn: Color me jealous. I LOVE snow and we haven't gotten any. I'd be more than happy to take some of that off your hands . Sadly, I think we're just getting more rain. I, too, have noticed that the days getting longer. With regard to that chocolate, will it deteriorate if you freeze it? Perhaps if you have to wait the additional time for it to thaw, you'll be less likely to grab-and-go.

Debbie: Great start to the week! Keep up the good work!

As for me, nothing out of the ordinary. Oh wait, yes. I saw that I had extra calories available yesterday and, instead of simply calling it a win, I indulged in an extra "daily decadence" during those late-night hours. I didn't really need it and having extra didn't feel or taste any better than having just the one. Oh well, at least it didn't push me over my daily limit. Did it, logged it, done.

We're heading into mid-week, folks! Keep on pushing!
Old 02-02-2016, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Wow...

Did you all have as much trouble with the site today as I did? Although I wasn't explicitly F O R B I D D E N (like I was a few days ago), I couldn't use the forums. I could access my logs, but every time I checked the forums, it was read-only because I wasn't "logged in". But I WAS, because I could update my food log.

Plus, when I looked at the time-stamp on my last post, it said 5:58pm. Um, I made that post at about 12:30 or so, and when I was checking, the current time was about 3-something. In other words, 5:58 hadn't happened yet. Was I posting from the future...?

And I noticed that after my "future" post, there were no others. None. It was as if I broke the internet. Or, at the very least, I broke Fitday.

Definitely something wonky going on.

Anyway, seems to be working now. For the moment. Fingers crossed, it'll last. Hurry up, y'all and check in!
Old 02-02-2016, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

epi, I was having problems getting on the forums today too. Just got on after trying all day. Like you I could see everything on my logs and stuff but was not logged in on the forums. Very frustrating.

Hope you all are doing well. I'm kind of taking it easy on myself. A friend of mine suggested maybe taking a week off or taking it a little easier on myself and then resetting my calories next week to see if it jumpstarts my system or anything for me. I really need to exercise, I know it. I just have a hard time committing and sticking to it. I'm pretty lazy, I'll admit it. I'm getting closer to my rock bottom though where I think I can see a better outlook on the horizon. I'm trying to hang in there. I haven't logged for a couple days, but my weight is maintaining, so I guess I'm not doing too badly yet.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

I had a good day today.

Drink more liquids eg. water, tea, and limit juice to one glass: M-Y T-Y
Calorie limit 800 - 1100: M-Y T-Y
Treadmill walking 20 or more minutes daily: M-Y T-Y
Lose one pound or more each week:

I will increase my exercise as it gets easier. Let's all have a good month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.