Notices

7 Day Motivation 2/1 - 2/7

Old 02-01-2016, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I'm here, Tori.

Add me to the list of those who fell off. Pull me back on and let's get Mike's butt up here.

Mike, where y'at?
Seems like last week was tough on a lot of us. Glad you're in for another week too. I think Mike is face first in the King Cake.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, folks! I didn't post a lot last week, but it was a few more than the week before, so I guess that's progress. You all are already on page 2 of the thread, so I have some catching up to do:

Lisa: Thanks for getting the thread started! I hear you about the constant weighing and measuring. It's a pain, to be sure.

Debbie: Sounds like a good plan, keeping the strategy the same. If it's working for you, no need to change it.

Tori: $1200 for just food? Perhaps you're calculating in all the household-type stuff in that number? Detergents, cleaners, paper goods? You're very brave to post your logs. I don't think I could do that!

Quinn: I know how you feel with being "good" and not getting the hoped-for payoff. So frustrating. I'm glad you're going to push through it, though. That's the spirit. Side note: I *love* your sense of humor. "...may or may not have been some spoon-licking involved...".

Libby: Fingers crossed for the big drop for you!

Hope: Hi there, Hope! Glad you're here!

As for me, I'll update my stats in my next post.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

So, here's how my last week went:

Strategy for last week, Jan 25-31:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450 RESULT: 1270
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset) RESULT: 1427 (potassium: 1793, 125% offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g RESULT: 25g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g RESULT: 57g
I don't seem to have too much trouble keeping to this schedule, so I'll carry it forward for another week. I've been eating slightly less than my allotted calories for the past two or so weeks, but I'm ok with that. I don't want to add more because I'm not hungry for more. Interestingly, I ended up calorie cycling a bit this week. On Thursday, I was up to nearly 1750 calories (big breakfast AND big dinner)! I cut back to 1200 on Friday to compensate.

Strategy for this week, Feb 1-7:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g

While it's not the Big Drop, overall I'm still pleased with January's progress. 5.25 pounds lost for the month. However, I'm not going to expect that every month. I'll be surprised if I lose more than 3 in February. That's just how this body works.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, post #3 for today (I'm on a roll -- a sesame-seed roll, perhaps?):

I've decided it's time to cut myself some slack and perhaps give myself a bit more credit. That's a hard thing for me to do. I tend to be fairly critical of myself usually. I have a hard time simply celebrating my accomplishments (I'll usually say "...but I have so much more I need to do!"). I'm far more generous with encouragement, support and cheering for others than I am for myself. Part of it is I usually don't see the things I do for me as being particularly special or worthy of acknowledgement.

But today, I realized how much I've actually lost. I went back and looked at some data from 2004. In January of that year, I was at my all-time highest weight EVAH. Yes, even higher than full-term pregnancy weight and this was YEARS after the baby ! That "baby-weight" excuse didn't fly anymore (didn't stop me from trying to use it, though haha). From that all-time high, I've lost over 75 pounds, in two phases. Phase 1 was January 2004 though mid-2006 (~40 pounds lost). Phase 2 started Sept 2014 and continues through the present (~35 pounds and counting).

Up until now, my Fitday signature only covered Phase 2. I think it's time to acknowledge Phase 1 as well. I need to remember how much I've done. I've updated my signature to reflect the whole journey.

...but I still have so much more I need to do...
Old 02-01-2016, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All,
Keeping goals the same this week. Really didn't follow through very well last week. Water intake was a miss and went over in calories. However, it is a new week AND a new month so it's onward and downward.

Goals for the week:
1. Drink 60 ounces of water daily
2. Workout at least 150 minutes a week
3. Log foods keeping macros in mind
4. Stay between 1000-1200 calories
Old 02-01-2016, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Epi, that is soooooo wonderful! 75 lbs is a gigantic accomplishment. You absolutely should be so proud of yourself. woot woot!!!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Today has been one of those days! I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. The house is getting so close and now it's crunch time for getting TV, internet, phone/fax service set up. The internet seems to be the issue at my new house. Too much to get into right now and I'm too busy but I've been working on that part for almost a week. I finally found a service, not what I was wanting, seeing that I work from home, but I didn't have many options. I may end up having to chance cell phone carriers too. It's been nonstop. I've also been having to get my driveway figured out and get numerous quotes for 24 tons of limestone.

We had family in town for the parades so this weekend has been bad. King cake, fried seafood, more king cake, we ate out A LOT! I'm not getting on the scale!

I finally had a chance to breathe, not really. I had to take time out from work (which I'm behind on) to check in.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

Has anyone heard from Mike or Hope?

Originally Posted by canary52
I'm here, Tori.

Add me to the list of those who fell off. Pull me back on and let's get Mike's butt up here.

Mike, where y'at?
I've been all over the place, going crazy!

Originally Posted by episode2011
Ok, post #3 for today (I'm on a roll -- a sesame-seed roll, perhaps?):

I've decided it's time to cut myself some slack and perhaps give myself a bit more credit. That's a hard thing for me to do. I tend to be fairly critical of myself usually. I have a hard time simply celebrating my accomplishments (I'll usually say "...but I have so much more I need to do!"). I'm far more generous with encouragement, support and cheering for others than I am for myself. Part of it is I usually don't see the things I do for me as being particularly special or worthy of acknowledgement.

But today, I realized how much I've actually lost. I went back and looked at some data from 2004. In January of that year, I was at my all-time highest weight EVAH. Yes, even higher than full-term pregnancy weight and this was YEARS after the baby ! That "baby-weight" excuse didn't fly anymore (didn't stop me from trying to use it, though haha). From that all-time high, I've lost over 75 pounds, in two phases. Phase 1 was January 2004 though mid-2006 (~40 pounds lost). Phase 2 started Sept 2014 and continues through the present (~35 pounds and counting).

Up until now, my Fitday signature only covered Phase 2. I think it's time to acknowledge Phase 1 as well. I need to remember how much I've done. I've updated my signature to reflect the whole journey.

...but I still have so much more I need to do...
Big congrats on your loss!!

everyone else that I didn't address, I apologize. I will try to get to everyone tomorrow!!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Supper is finished, I've calculated it all, weighed my portions and logged it. I'll clean the kitchen after BF wakes and eats. The dogs have been walked, everyone did their "business" and they've also been fed. I need to put a clothes in the dryer and fold the ones coming out of the dryer. Sigh...
Old 02-01-2016, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I wasn't happy with only 2.5 pounds lost in January so I am going to make some changes which I hope will help.

Drink more liquids eg. water, tea, and limit juice to one glass: M-Y
Calorie limit 800 - 1100: M-Y
Treadmill walking 20 or more minutes daily: M-Y
Lose one pound or more each week:

I will increase my exercise as it gets easier. Let's all have a good month.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Just a quick check in while on lunch break. I've logged everything so far, and have already had two bottles of water I know what we're having for supper, so I'll calculate it when I get home and log as to what I eat. BF and I have decided that the month of February we're only eating what comes from the kitchen. No "do you want pizza", instead of cooking. I foresee a lot of crock pot meals this month LOL We're making weekly menus and following through on them. I'm only grocery shopping once a week instead of picking up things as we need them. We figured out that we spent $1200 in food last month. FOR TWO PEOPLE! We're in desperate need of new furniture and a new car. We can't save for those if we're overspending each month on food. Anyway. That's what's going on with me.

quinn--at least your scale went in the right direction. Mine didn't.

libby--have you tried mixing up your exercise to something different? I'm just wondering if your body has gotten used to a routine.

debbie--good to see you for another week

Has anyone heard from Mike or Hope?
Wow! I thought I spent a lot! For two, we spend about $500/month on groceries and probably another $150 eating out. (The grocery bill includes all of our toiletries, and miscellaneous household items, too.) I don't buy a lot of meat, though. We're pretty close to being vegetarians.

Epi

Congratulations! You inspire us all! You should be very proud of your accomplishment!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.