Notices

7 Day Motivation 2/1 - 2/7

Old 02-05-2016, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, you've been doing really well with your commitment and determination. You are getting healthier and more fit every day.

gypsy, enjoy your Cali vacation!

Debbie, you're killing it on your goals! I think a net calorie goal is a good choice. I did that for a while, and it helped, but only for the short term. I started saying, "It's ok if I go a little higher today because I can make up for it tomorrow." But I wasn't always successful with that. So as long as you don't try to cheat the system. I know you are so committed right now, though, I think it would be a good choice for you.

Quinn, I don't like fish at all, but I tried some recipes recently I thought the family might like. I've made a salmon chowder a couple times that went over so well there was never any leftovers. Would you like the recipe?

Mike, sorry to hear you're under stress. The house will be done soon, and you can get back to a normal routine in your new digs. I'm huffing and puffing trailing behind the wagon, trying to catch up and jump on. Maybe next week we can both be on it.

I'm struggling. You all are doing great though. I keep thinking I'm going to take a break and chill for a week or two, but I keep coming back to read posts and try to absorb your motivation through my screen. I really really wish I wasn't a recluse and had anything resembling a social life where I could find at least one workout buddy. I was telling someone I know that I really struggle with self-motivation. I'm not a good cheerleader for myself, and it would be nice to have someone I could cheer for who would do the same for me. Not to discredit all of you here...you all are why I keep coming back. It is different though when dealing with an in-person human that you can go through this with together.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Debbie, you're killing it on your goals! I think a net calorie goal is a good choice. I did that for a while, and it helped, but only for the short term. I started saying, "It's ok if I go a little higher today because I can make up for it tomorrow." But I wasn't always successful with that. So as long as you don't try to cheat the system. I know you are so committed right now, though, I think it would be a good choice for you.

I'm struggling. You all are doing great though. I keep thinking I'm going to take a break and chill for a week or two, but I keep coming back to read posts and try to absorb your motivation through my screen. I really really wish I wasn't a recluse and had anything resembling a social life where I could find at least one workout buddy. I was telling someone I know that I really struggle with self-motivation. I'm not a good cheerleader for myself, and it would be nice to have someone I could cheer for who would do the same for me. Not to discredit all of you here...you all are why I keep coming back. It is different though when dealing with an in-person human that you can go through this with together.

I totally get what you're saying! I could see how it would be easy to fall into that sort of idea of making up for it the next day. But what I'm planning to do is make a daily net calorie goal.....that way if I eat more than my calorie allotment, but I've done a lot of exercise, it sort of balances out where at the end of the day, I'm not over my calorie goal because my exercise has offset my intake. I hope I'm making sense! LOL!

Sorry to hear you're still struggling Lisa. I know all too well how that feels. I too have nobody in my personal life to be a diet buddy or workout buddy. I agree...that would be so nice to have someone in the flesh to support each other. I guess that's why I come here as well. Hang in there Lisa! As you know motivation comes and goes....I'm will me back if you don't give up trying!
Old 02-06-2016, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Rant for the day (read with caution)
I can't afford any new clothes right now so I am attempting to sew in some pants. It requires opening a lot of seams and sewing them back with a wider seam allowance. I wish I had a serger. I have been begging my DH for years for one. He was shocked at the price of them and he put his foot down. Mean while he has all sorts of expensive tools that he only uses once in a blue moon.
With a serger I could have these pants done in minutes instead of hours. That is my rant for the day.
2:20pm one done 2 to go.

Last edited by libby135; 02-06-2016 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, you've been doing really well with your commitment and determination. You are getting healthier and more fit every day.

gypsy, enjoy your Cali vacation!

Quinn, I don't like fish at all, but I tried some recipes recently I thought the family might like. I've made a salmon chowder a couple times that went over so well there was never any leftovers. Would you like the recipe?

Mike, sorry to hear you're under stress. The house will be done soon, and you can get back to a normal routine in your new digs. I'm huffing and puffing trailing behind the wagon, trying to catch up and jump on. Maybe next week we can both be on it.

I would love the recipe! Always on the lookout for something new. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, here's the link for the recipe. I use raw salmon and bake it on each side for a couple minutes instead of canned or pouched....that just doesn't sound as appealing to me. anything fresh is better than a can if possible. Also, I don't use the crock pot. I cook it on the stove in just a little while, so you could do it either way. Here's the link:

Salmon Chowder

My family loves it. I hope you do too!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I'm trying your popcorn idea right now. I like it!!! I'm not even really missing the butter at all. I sprayed it will canola oil, lots of salt and some grated parmesan. I couldn't find my onion powder. I measured in 40g, but a lot of it didn't pop. So it might be more like 30g. I could put it in longer, but I was afraid the rest of it would burn. It's really good! Thank you so much for give me such a great low cal idea! Now I can do without chips!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, here's the link for the recipe. I use raw salmon and bake it on each side for a couple minutes instead of canned or pouched....that just doesn't sound as appealing to me. anything fresh is better than a can if possible. Also, I don't use the crock pot. I cook it on the stove in just a little while, so you could do it either way. Here's the link:

Salmon Chowder

My family loves it. I hope you do too!
Thanks, Lisa! My daughter loves anything with salmon, so I'll pass it on to her as well. =)
Old 02-06-2016, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I'm trying your popcorn idea right now. I like it!!! I'm not even really missing the butter at all. I sprayed it will canola oil, lots of salt and some grated parmesan. I couldn't find my onion powder. I measured in 40g, but a lot of it didn't pop. So it might be more like 30g. I could put it in longer, but I was afraid the rest of it would burn. It's really good! Thank you so much for give me such a great low cal idea! Now I can do without chips!
I'm making some right now as well! Yes, some don't pop...I usually measure a little extra to make up for the ones that don't pop. I should have mentioned that Hope you enjoy your popcorn Lisa!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Thanks, Lisa! My daughter loves anything with salmon, so I'll pass it on to her as well. =)
Not sure if I mentioned it before....there is an awesome website with a ton of great recipes...she also has a great cookbook, but if you don't want to buy her cookbook you can still get a ton of great recipes from her site! skinnytaste.com I found a salmon recipe in her cookbook and haven't cooked it anyway ever since!! All her recipes are worth a try!!
Old 02-07-2016, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Not sure if I mentioned it before....there is an awesome website with a ton of great recipes...she also has a great cookbook, but if you don't want to buy her cookbook you can still get a ton of great recipes from her site! skinnytaste.com I found a salmon recipe in her cookbook and haven't cooked it anyway ever since!! All her recipes are worth a try!!
I use that website quite a bit. In fact, I modified a recipe from there to make the salmon/ricotta patties that we had for supper the other night. They were fantastic. =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.