Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Old 01-26-2016, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, glad to have you back on the wagon.

Quinn, looks like you're off to a good start this week.

Debbie, yes I think I'm back into a routine again now that my parents are gone. I haven't been eating as much, back to more normal size portions. I don't know why I ate so much more. maybe because I made so much extra I felt I needed to eat it? I don't know. No, I totally spaced off making the oatmeal packets. I should do that tonight.

Libby, I'm with you too on having a good week!

Tori, I like your goals...simple and not overwhelming.

Hi, Mike and Epixi!

Where's Vicki and Annette?

I've had a pretty good day. I was hungry this morning. I know it's bad of me, but I don't usually have breakfast. I don't like giving up my calories so early in the day. I had a granola bar, but that was it. I'm having one of my delicious atkins w/ milk right now...one of the most satisfying things I have on my plan.

I've been stuck fluctuating between 156 and 159 for quite a while now. I need to break past this barrier. I say this as my daughter is downstairs baking brownies...I can smell them and my mouth is watering. lol.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

On the menu tonight? Something light and full of flavor...Chicken in a lemon garlic sauce with asparagus on the side. mmm yum. I may or may not have had a small little brownie for dessert.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

A quick checkin. Monday went well. Not great, but decent. The scale was in my favor this morning. It's another Tuesday night third shift. It screws my eating habits big time. I've logged everything for the day and just under 1200 calories. I'll try to keep tomorrow about the same. When I get home in the the morning I'm going to throw on some white chicken chili in the crock pot. I love crock pot meals on Wednesdays. Neither BF or I really have to think about supper that way. We can sleep and then supper is ready. Anyway. Back to the grind.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y, Tu -y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y, Tu - N
take vitamins daily: M - y, Tu - y
full body workout (W, F & Su): W - y
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa): Tu - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y, T - y
Old 01-27-2016, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!

Still plugging along. Although I've been pretty strict with my food plan and exercise, I've already hit a plateau. The first 5 lbs. came off quickly, but now not so much. I've learned throughout the years just to keep things going and eventually my body will give up the weight again.

Tori,

I love my crockpot. I use it all the time. It makes great, healthy chicken fajita meat and healthy soups. It's nice not to have to think of a healthy meal at the end of the day when you're tired or working shift work, like you are.

Lisa,

Your chicken recipe sounds great! I had a notebook with about 40 low fat, low cal recipes that I used in 2010 when I lost my weight, but I can't find it! So, I've been making all new things and it's actually been kind of fun. Last night, I made a healthy fajita pasta dish which was pretty good.

I know what you mean about your weight being stuck. Mine isn't budging, either. Grrrr...

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 3

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 1, 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N Back flare-up. Did yoga instead. Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y, Y
9. Log everything. Y, Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y, Y

Last edited by quinnesec; 01-27-2016 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Ok I didn't post but I got back on the wagon. I needed the friggin' wagon. I was outta control; luckily the wagon slowed down I got on.
The wagon has lapped me a few times recently. Thing is, we just have to keep trying. Great to "see" you again.

Originally Posted by canary52
Tori, four pounds. And your secret is....?
No real secret. It's calories in vs. calories out.
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
This is Tori's secret!
Nuh Uh!!
Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Tori, I like your goals...simple and not overwhelming.
Simple and not overwhelming is what I need right now. I'm still trying to figure out BF friendly recipes that fit into the plan for me. It's taking some time.
Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
On the menu tonight? Something light and full of flavor...Chicken in a lemon garlic sauce with asparagus on the side. mmm yum. I may or may not have had a small little brownie for dessert.
That sounds YUMMY!!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Tori,

I love my crockpot. I use it all the time. It makes great, healthy chicken fajita meat and healthy soups. It's nice not to have to think of a healthy meal at the end of the day when you're tired or working shift work, like you are.
It really is the best invention ever. I have two and love them both. I have a 5.5 quart and an 8 quart. Soups, stew, chicken meals, etc...it can do it all! I have a recipe for a ham soup that I need to try. I have left over thanksgiving ham in the freezer.

I have the chili going. It's not turning out quite like I had planned, but I think next time I can tweak it to my liking. It tastes fine, it's just missing...something....

Everything is logged for now. I need to make the cornbread to go with the chili and that will be set. Will catch up with a full goal update later this evening.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mike we'll be right over. DH will bring a too small cake lol. Inside joke if Mike remembers. If only I remember, it's really an inside joke lol.

Debbie, I have gotten sucked into Lost. I watched TYATR years ago when I was first teaching college. I got too sucked into that. I told DD to watch Lost and she sent me an angry text over something that happened.

Lisa, that chicken sounds off the charts. Maybe I will come to you rather than Mike's, less sodium lol

Tori, I know it wasn't the scale... So glad you are here. Don't let Mike give you too much trouble.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hope,

It'll be personal cake. That was funny.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

The chili turned out pretty good. A little thinner than we would have liked but the taste was there. Next time I'll decrease the amount of liquid it calls for. Such an easy fix. I've divvied out portions for lunch tomorrow and supper if he wants it again. It paired well with corn muffins. I added a little bit of shredded cheddar and sour cream to mine and it was heavenly. Not sure if I've said, but I love a crock pot meal Time to throw the laundry in the dryer. There's only 2 of us but I swear we do more laundry than a family of 5.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

I made an apple pie. I ate a piece of said apple pie. Later I calculated the recipe calories. Then I cried. Ouch, that stings.

I made a spaghetti pie for dinner, which is basically the same ingredients as lasagna except the "pie crust" is baked al dente vermicelli with an egg and cheese mixed in. I cut it into 5 pieces, and it was definitely enough of a piece for a meal. It was 775 calories. I'm ok with that. That's not a bad number for a meal. I made a mistake when I was making it though, which made the calories higher than they have to be. It called for 1 cup of ricotta, but I added the whole 16 oz container. Oh well. Next time I'll do it right and adjust the calories then.

But then I had to add in the apple pie. I didn't think it was going to be that many calories. oops. I'm soooo far over my calorie count today.

I did one thing good today, though. I finally made my oatmeal packets. They're pretty high calories, too, although healthy ones, but still. So I can only have them on days when everything else the rest of the day is lower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.