Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Old 01-25-2016, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

So, yeah. I fell off the wagon last week. BIG TIME. Somehow I still managed a 4 pound loss. Not sure how, but I'll definitely take it. I'll be back later to post my goals. Have a great Monday y'all.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, yeah. I fell off the wagon last week. BIG TIME. Somehow I still managed a 4 pound loss. Not sure how, but I'll definitely take it. I'll be back later to post my goals. Have a great Monday y'all.
You suck.

I fell off the wagon and somehow I managed a gain.

Back on the wagon.

1) 100 oz water per day
2) 1 bottle of water before every meal
3) lose 1 pound
Old 01-25-2016, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, However your loss came about, congrats on such a great number for the week!

Mike, you and me both. Back on the wagon for me too.

I didn't do so well over the weekend. Not snacking and grazing so much as just having larger portions at meals. and probably too much soda. Even though I only take a sip here and there I know it adds up. I expect a gain today for Monday's challenge weigh-in.

Goals:
Log every day
minimal regular soda
simply stop eating so much
Old 01-25-2016, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!

I'm starting week 3 and have managed to stay on the wagon the whole time, which is unbelievable for me. lol I even logged throughout the weekend, which is something I've never done before. Before, I would eat clean, but not log.

I'm especially happy because I did some traveling over the weekend under stressful conditions and continued to log everything, which is a big win. I also stayed within my calorie limits. My pie chart became a little wonky, but that's ok.

Dinner is already in the crockpot. I'm making a new recipe for an Asian Beef with Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots & Pea Pods. It smells really good and I hope it turns out, because it makes a quick and easy dinner with brown rice.

So here are this week's goals. Pretty similar... just making a couple of additions.

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 3

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods".
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero.
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day.
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day.
5. Take all vitamins and supplements.
6. 45 minutes of core building per day.
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day.
8. Stay within calorie limits.
9. Log everything.
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine)
Old 01-25-2016, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Keeping my goals the same for another week

64 oz. minimum water daily:
max. 1500 calories per day:
take vitamins daily:
full body workout (W, F & Su):
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa):
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa):

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-25-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, yeah. I fell off the wagon last week. BIG TIME. Somehow I still managed a 4 pound loss...
I stayed on the wagon and the wagon stayed put. /sigh

I can't even imagine what it feels like to lose 4 pounds in a week. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you, Tori . Congratulations!
Old 01-25-2016, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Goodness, did I do something to tick off the Fitday gods? I was F O R B I D D E N from the site for a good hour. No opportunity to sign in, no information, nothing. Just a blank, white screen with F O R B I D D E N (and the name of the site) at the top.

Seems back to normal now, so onward I go. I'll be good. Pinky swear.

I had a totally boring nutritional week last week. I didn't do anything extraordinary. Didn't eat anything outrageous, just stayed the course. Booooring. The only good news I have is that I have no bad news. Didn't lose an ounce. But didn't gain, either. Just stayed the same. Boooooring (and disappointing). Here's how the week played out:

Strategy for last week, Jan 18-24:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450 RESULT: 1247
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset) RESULT: 1484 (potassium: 1549, over 100% offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g RESULT: 23g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g RESULT: 57g
I'll need to up the fiber a bit for this week, but other than that, I just don't feel up to making a new strategy, so I'll just keep the old one. It may not be giving me any spectacular results, but at least I didn't gain. I suppose that's a positive.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I have been feeling better with sunny skies for the past three days. My weight loss is at a crawl but it is going down so I am not complaining. Let's all have a good week.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Goodness, did I do something to tick off the Fitday gods? I was F O R B I D D E N from the site for a good hour. No opportunity to sign in, no information, nothing. Just a blank, white screen with F O R B I D D E N (and the name of the site) at the top.

Seems back to normal now, so onward I go. I'll be good. Pinky swear.

I had a totally boring nutritional week last week. I didn't do anything extraordinary. Didn't eat anything outrageous, just stayed the course. Booooring. The only good news I have is that I have no bad news. Didn't lose an ounce. But didn't gain, either. Just stayed the same. Boooooring (and disappointing). Here's how the week played out:

Strategy for last week, Jan 18-24:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450 RESULT: 1247
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset) RESULT: 1484 (potassium: 1549, over 100% offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g RESULT: 23g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g RESULT: 57g
I'll need to up the fiber a bit for this week, but other than that, I just don't feel up to making a new strategy, so I'll just keep the old one. It may not be giving me any spectacular results, but at least I didn't gain. I suppose that's a positive.
I had the same "Forbidden" message when I tried to log my foods this noon. I thought I'd log out and then log back in to see if that would help, but that was forbidden, too. lol
Old 01-25-2016, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
I stayed on the wagon and the wagon stayed put. /sigh

I can't even imagine what it feels like to lose 4 pounds in a week. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you, Tori . Congratulations!
It's mainly water weight. I was once told a formula that if you multiply your current weight by 10, that's the number of calories it takes to maintain your weight. If you subtract 500 calories from that total, each day of the week, that you'll lose 1 pound that week. Any exercise beyond your daily activities will burn even more calories. Just deducting 500 calories a day is 3500 a week. Which is the magic number of calories to lose 1 pound. I'm a big geek and love to compare my calories in vs calories burned. So far I'm on track the way I was a few years ago. Averaging 1-2 pounds a week, with a few big weeks thrown in. I just have to get my water intake and exercise back to what it was then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.