Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Old 01-29-2016, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Tori, can you add couscous or rice to the chili to sop up the liquid or is that verboten? If not, cook it longer on the stovetop. I think our neighbors come over and put clothing in our hamper.
I probably could have added rice but at that point I was just like "f it" I actually liked a little extra liquid to it, make it more of a soup, but BF wanted it a little more "chili like". Next time I'll compromise. It called for 5 cups of chicken broth, I'll do 3. I swear there's no possible way we have as many clothes as we wash. What needs to happen is me just taking one whole day and knocking all of it out. Then making him help me keep up with it.

Everything is logged so far today. Supper is planned, I just need to calculate the calories.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All.

Going out of town almost did me in. The scale went up, up, up and I have been struggling all week to get it back down. Restaurant meals are far too large and have way too much sodium. I will be checking out that link! I had hoped to reach my January goal by now (182) but I'm not quite there. Good thing there are a few more days to help me reach it. Gotta stay on track and drink more water!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Gypsy - Sodium can make such a difference on the scale! Stick to your plan to get in more water and I'm sure most of what you gained while away will be gone. Good job getting right back on track now that you're home

I forgot accountability check in yesterday.

Weekly Goals
64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y, Tu -y, W - y, Th - y, F - y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y, Tu - N, W - y, Th - y, F - y
take vitamins daily: M - y, Tu - y, W - y, Th - y, F - y
full body workout (W, F & Su): W - y, F - y
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa): Tu - y, Th - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y, T - y, W - y, Th - y, BONUS! F- y

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-31-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I've been really bad, bad, bad this week... about checking in. Soooooo sorry, folks. I've just been caught up in things on this side of the computer monitor. Nothing bad, just super hectic . Seems like you all are carrying on quite well -- good job!

On the other hand, I've been really good, good, good about nutrition this week. Keeping to the plan, keeping average daily calories (and sodium) low. I'm really proud of myself (geez, I hope I don't sprain my wrist patting myself on the back, hehe). Of course, the real test will be on Monday, when I hit the scale. If it doesn't look decent, I may literally hit it.

Anyway, you all know how much I enjoy doing research. I did some more research into the relationship between potassium and sodium. Interesting! The one thing I wasn't able to get a real read on was the actual ratio. Should it be 1:1? 2:1? 3:1? Loads of stuff on how they interact, but no hard numbers. Based on what I found so far, I sort of teased out a rough 2:1 (pot:sod), but I'm going to keep looking.

TGIF everyone!
Old 01-30-2016, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday....yippee!! So nice to be able to sleep in a little on the weekends. I went to bed at 9:30 last night and was up at 7:30 this morning. 10 glorious hours of sleep! I have a kitchen day planned....I'm making Vegetable Soup, Chicken Chili Taco Soup, Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup, Chicken Sausage meat, Chicken Taco mix and lots of burgers....all for the freezer to make week nights and lunches easier. Before I do all that, I'll be getting in a cardio workout The kids have swimming lessons today as well and want to go skating at the local outdoor rink....so I need to coordinate this into my cooking day. Busy as usual!! Never a dull moment with kids!

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-30-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I am feeling a lot better today and was able to cook supper and do some laundry. I will be going to bed early and hope tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

We went to my parents for dinner last night so I had to estimate the food since I didn't prep it and couldn't weigh and measure. I figure I'm over a bit...maybe 100 calories, but still over.

Libby - Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Weekly Goals
64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y, Tu -y, W - y, Th - y, F - y, Sa - y, Su - y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y, Tu - N, W - y, Th - y, F - y, Sa - N, Su - y
take vitamins daily: M - y, Tu - y, W - y, Th - y, F - y, Sa - y, Su -y
full body workout (W, F & Su): W - y, F - y, Su - y
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa): Tu - y, Th - y, Sa - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y, T - y, W - y, Th - y, BONUS! F- y, Su -y

Last edited by lildebbieg; 02-01-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. My three year old oven is on the fritz so I was looking for crock pot recipes to cook the meat we have in the freezer. Tonight we are having cashew chicken and it smells wonderful. I have more laundry to do so I thought I would do some walking on the dreadmill and see how that goes.
Every one is doing so well and I feel like such a slacker. Here it is the end of January and I have only lost 2.7 pounds since Christmas. I have to break out of this plateau and start losing big numbers again, by that I mean at least a pound a week. I hope that February will be better.