Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Old 01-22-2016, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Now I feel better. I just did 2 miles on the dreadmill and at a decent pace. I was doing a 20 minute mile but decided to push myself tonight. I did two miles 36 minutes. I'll take it! At my peak I was pushing to do a 16 min mile. I'll get back there. I do better when I can walk outside. From the top of our driveway to the "main" road at the end of the neighborhood is 4 tenths of a mile. From the driveway to the end of our street is 2 tenths. I can do driveway to main road twice and then to the end of our street and back home for 2 miles. I'll have to start doing that when it warms up some. At least in the mid 50s. I used to love walking at night (in sketchy neighborhoods) and could do 3 miles easily. Unfortunately our 'hood doesn't have street lights and I'm not about to walk at night here anymore. I wish we had access to the high school track but they lock the gates at night. Some schools you can get to the track, but not this one I don't plan on driving 20 minutes just to walk on a lighted track at night LOL. I'll just have to suffer and walk during daylight hours.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I had another good day....right on track. I wish the scale would move faster, but ....don't we all So I was a bit discouraged this morning because I don't feel like I'm making progress, so I decided to check on my measurements and body fat. I was happy to see I've lost inches and fat over the past few weeks...and a bit of muscle too according to the scale...which kind of sucks since I'm doing heavy weights trying to maintain muscle. I'm hoping that if I keep that up and maybe even add in another weight session, that I can maintain my muscle as I drop fat. That is the goal!!

Weekly Goals:
64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz, W - 72 oz, T - 80 oz., F - 88 oz.
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869,W - 1045 cals, T - 1489 cals., F - 1350 cals
full body workout x3:W - y, F - y
core workout x3: M - y, Th - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin, W - 30 min. elliptical, T - 40 min. bike, F - 40 min. bike
take vitamins daily: M - y, T - y, W - y, T - y, F - y
Old 01-22-2016, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, everyone! High fives all around! What a great bunch of losers! =)

Had an early dinner and so I'm going to close out my goal sheet for the day. I sure hope next week goes as well as this week.

My Goals For The Week...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1, forgot, 2, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up), Y, Y, Y, Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. Y, Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under, Under, Under, Under, Under
9. Log everything. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
Old 01-23-2016, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Speaking of taking names, mister... Do I have to get Mern's whip out of retirement to get you to join me on the wagon??
Hmmm you may be onto something.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

I am feeling a bit better today. It's cold but at least the sun is shining and the sky is blue. That makes a big difference in how I feel. I went out for a coffee with my neighbour and we had a good chat. My calories were good yesterday and today so let's see what happens on Monday. Have a good week end all.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Weekly Goals:
DONE! 64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz, W - 72 oz, T - 80 oz., F - 88 oz., Sa - 80 oz., Su - 80 oz.
DIDN'T DO VERY WELL WITH CALORIES THIS WEEK max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869,W - 1045 cals, T - 1489 cals., F - 1350 cals, Sa - 1761, Su - 1625
DONE! full body workout x3:W - y, F - y, Su -y
DONE! core workout x3: M - y, Th - y, Sa - y
DONE PLUS 1! cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin, W - 30 min. elliptical, T - 40 min. bike, F - 40 min. bike, Sa - 45 min. elliptical
DONE! take vitamins daily: m - y, T - y, W - y, T - y, F - y, Sa - y, Su - Y

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-25-2016 at 01:22 AM.