2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. None, 1, 1, 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1, forgot, 2
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up), Y, Y, Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. Not yet, Y, Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under, Under, Under, Under
9. Log everything. Y, Y, Y, Y

It's been a great week so far. "So far", because my husband is leaving work at noon today to start the weekend, which means he'll want to go out for lunch and possibly dinner. He's suppose to be dieting too, but it seems men have a different way of dieting than women, but end up losing the same amount. Grrrrr...

This time around has been pretty easy for me for some reason. Maybe I was just sick of looking at the extra weight and I want to get back into my "skinny" clothes. lol Both of our moms are having major health issues, which is placing a great deal of stress on us. When the phone rings, we both cringe and wonder which one it is about this time. I think that's why I'm so devoted to keeping my weight down and being as healthy as I can. As a full-time, sole care giver to my mom for 9 years, which darn near killed my own health, I never, ever want my kids to go through that. Both of our mothers made poor health and living choices, which sabotaged their senior years, placing a tremendous burden on their families. My mom is now in assisted living 175 miles away in the town that my brother lives, but the driving back and forth can be a killer. So, if you lose motivation for losing weight and eating a healthy diet, visit any nursing home and you will see the result of those who should have walked more, eaten healthier and kept their weight at a healthy BMI. The majority of the women in my mom's nursing home have heart issues, (unhealthy diet) knees and hips which have given out making them immobile, (...a life of too much weight on weight-bearing joints) amputations, blindness, etc. from type-2 diabetes, (largely self-inflicted) and/or devastating cancers and dementia from all of the above.

I've made some great progress since rejoining the group... thanks, Mike. I returned to walking 1.5-2 miles per day whenever it's humanly possible, and I've lost just shy of 5 lbs. =) I have logged right around 5 miles of walking for the week, which in the dead of winter in the far north, is a win. I'm really enjoying my cleaned up diet and food supply. I missed it. To those of you in the middle of losing a large amount of weight, I know that sounds funny, but it's true. After about 6 months of clean eating, the foods you crave actually change. The trick for me is keeping the "bad" foods out of the house altogether. And, as an added bonus, the walking has helped my back tremendously. Really happy about that!

Well friends, on to start my day. Have to throw some wash in before husband comes home at noon. Have a great morning!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone,

I know I don't post often but I enjoy reading your posts. I have had a pretty good week; met most of my goals, (slipped up my water one day) and yes, the scale rewarded me with a loss. Now to make it through the weekend without getting derailed.

Onward and downward!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the big loss Quinn!!!! No need in thanking me, you're the one kicking ass and taking name.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Congrats on the big loss Quinn!!!! No need in thanking me, you're the one kicking ass and taking name.
Speaking of taking names, mister... Do I have to get Mern's whip out of retirement to get you to join me on the wagon??
Old 01-22-2016, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Miraculously I didn't have a ginormous gain this week like I thought I would have. I only gained .2 lbs. All things considered with the problems with my son and my parents in town, I call that an outstanding win. I'm proud of my chaos being more controlled than I gave myself credit for.

gypsy, good for you on achieving a loss! Keep going!

Quinn, you are doing an outstanding job of meeting your goals. Congrats on the 5 lbs!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

My younger son, Matthew (15), is becoming more concerned about what and how much he's eating. He's not fat, but just a little chubby. It didn't matter that me telling him 15 chicken nuggets or 4 frozen burritos after school is too much. He wouldn't listen to me. He had to hear it from his 20 y.o. sister that your weight is 80% what you eat. So now he's decided he's going to try to eat healthier. This afternoon after school was his first healthy snack. A cherry yogurt, 1/2 c granola and a banana. I hope he keeps it up and learns to make healthy choices. His problem is that he doesn't like to take the time to make anything, and microwaveable junk has always been the easiest thing to do. Isn't that true for a lot of "dieters"? Hopefully he'll learn that it's not that hard to spread some peanut butter on a celery stick and sprinkle on a few raisins, or an apple dipped in peanut butter, or making a couple eggs in less than 5 minutes. Oh...he didn't like it when I pulled out the measuring cup and measured out 1 serving of granola. I told him he has to read the back of the packages to find out what a serving is and how healthy it is. He groaned at that!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Tori: I hope your dog does better than our GD did! She got dismissed from class because she couldn't pay attention. The instructor even gave her separate classes and regardless of what he tried, she just couldn't focus!
oh Lord, I really hope Junior does well. He's super smart, just not being challenged enough. He also doesn't burn his energy, which leads him to being destructive. He hates to be alone too. We've been crating him this week when we can't be with him. Starting at no more than 3-4 hours at a time and he seems to be doing okay with it. He doesn't willingly go into his crate, but he doesn't cry the whole time now either. We're using our tax return this year to fence a play yard for the dogs. That will help SO much. I won't have to keep him on his leash in the yard and we can throw the ball or sticks and just let him RUN!!

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
I've talked on here before about my fear of the treadmill and taking it very slow and easy on it. I made .78 mile yesterday! HR got to 149 once and I had to back it down a bit, but mostly I stayed in my target range of between 125 and 135. I was able to again do all this with no asthma problems. My next goal is to repeat this distance 2-3 more times and then I'll try to hit 1 mile.
great job on your 0.78. I'm new to a treadmill and HATE them, but it's too cold for this southern girl to walk outside. quinn is laughing at what I consider cold, but hey, SC girls like it sunny and 72 year round. I've been starting slow, no where near a speed I like, but I'm doing it. We'll both get to where we need to be.
Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Tori - Wow! Junior sounds like a handful!! He's lucky he so darned cute!! I hope the obedience training happens soon and is helpful!
A handful doesn't even describe it. It's a very good thing he's cute and sweet or I'd have thrown his butt outside by now.

quinn--we have about 4 inches of snow/ice on the ground today. I don't like it so I'm sending it to you!!

This week has been a crap shoot. I haven't logged in two days and haven't done any walking since Monday. I'm fixin' to hop on the treadmill and get a mile or so in. I'll log the rest of the weekend. I'm down a little since Monday, so that's good. I also just pulled up a pair of crop sweat pants that I haven't worn in about 2 years and I don't feel like an overstuffed sausage in them. My work pants are getting baggy, so I'm going to say I'm on the right track.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

I just went through my old weight entries from 4 years ago and I'm not far from what I was then. 4 years ago today I was 216.8 and I weighed in at 219.2 today. I'm hoping I can keep the motivation and get back down to what I was in June and July of 2012. It's when I felt and looked my best. Anyway....treadmill for me now.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I was plenty happy about having a .2 lb gain and not more; however, if I'm just patient until my *magical weigh-less time of day*, which is late afternoon, I'd have seen that I actually had a .8 lb LOSS!!!! Yep, just a few minutes ago I weighed in at 255.8. woot woot!
Old 01-22-2016, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Well, I was plenty happy about having a .2 lb gain and not more; however, if I'm just patient until my *magical weigh-less time of day*, which is late afternoon, I'd have seen that I actually had a .8 lb LOSS!!!! Yep, just a few minutes ago I weighed in at 255.8. woot woot!
woohoo!! that's awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.