Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24 >

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Old 01-19-2016, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Gotta run...dinner ain't gonna cook itself! LOL! I'll be back to catch up with everyone and for some accountability.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, the first sweater turned into an afgan. The yarn wasn't suitable for a sweater. It was a bit itchy. I finished the afgan before Christmas and now I lay it at the foot of the bed. The sweater is a nice soft yarn that will be great for the fall winter and early spring. For supper tonight I am simmering the pork in vegetable broth with onions peppers and rice. I am boiling some cauliflower and I am making some cheese sauce to go with it. I will put it in the calorie counter to see how much it is. Enjoy your supper tonight.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie,
I bit the bullet and did 2 miles at the mall today. =) And yes, I did get caught by the chatty woman who works there. lol My car should be ready to pick up tomorrow, so for the next 6 weeks when the temp dives below 28 or so, I'll get it done at the mall.

Thanks for the links! I'm a little limited with certain motions since I slipped the disc, but I'll check it out. =)
Old 01-19-2016, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Update

Health/Fitness Goals:

1: Log everything (food and activities) M: yes
2: Water--minimum 50.7 oz a day M: 33.8
3: Calories under 1700 a day M: 1450
4: Walk 6 miles this week M: 1.5
5: Lose 1 pound

Home:

1: Shampoo the bedroom carpets
2: Give dogs a bath
3: 3 loads of laundry
4: Wash all bed sheets and blankets

I have logged everything for Tuesday and will update any numbers that change when I get home from work in the morning. I've done 1 load of clothes so far, I'll do at least 1 more tomorrow. We don't do much on Wednesdays so I can probably get them done then. I'll do the sheets and blankets this weekend. Along with bathing the dogs. Not sure about the carpets. We have a possibility of some white stuff falling from the sky tomorrow. This southern girl does NOT like snow! I'll grab a few groceries on the way out of the store in the morning. Catch up with y'all at some point tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Libby,
In 2010, when I lost my weight, I knit a lot. I love to knit, but I haven't done much this winter. You're so right... you can't eat a thing when you knit; your hands have to be clean (...and it keeps them busy). I've never tried to make a sweater for myself. Sounds like a lot of fun! What a great incentive! =)

Tori,
Snow in SC?? What the heck? Do you get snow often? I think our horrible cold snap is over for now. Heading up to balmy temps in the mid 20's later this week.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Grrr....I struggle to post this!! However, I've kept my head buried in the sand for too long.....which is the main reason I put the weight back on...and more! I just refuse to ignore the numbers any longer! I did manage to hit all my other targets today....including 40 minutes on the spin bike!!!!...but went over on calories. It is 'shark week'...not that I'm using that as an excuse! Tomorrow, I have a full body workout and cardio session planned. Looking forward to my workout!!

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869
full body workout x3:
core workout x3: M - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin
take vitamins daily: M - y, T-y
Old 01-19-2016, 05:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Tori,Snow in SC?? What the heck? Do you get snow often? I think our horrible cold snap is over for now. Heading up to balmy temps in the mid 20's later this week.
Yep, snow in SC. We normally get it once every winter. We don't get "normal" snow though. It's usually snow mixed with sleet and freezing rain. Which cannot be driven in/on. It's why the south "shuts down" when we get any frozen precip. It normally is thawed out and normal within a day or two.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-19-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

"Staying On Track" Tuesday:

My Goals For The Week...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. None, 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up), Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. 1
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under, Under
9. Log everything. Y, Y
Old 01-20-2016, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Grrr....I struggle to post this!! However, I've kept my head buried in the sand for too long.....which is the main reason I put the weight back on...and more! I just refuse to ignore the numbers any longer! I did manage to hit all my other targets today....including 40 minutes on the spin bike!!!!...but went over on calories. It is 'shark week'...not that I'm using that as an excuse! Tomorrow, I have a full body workout and cardio session planned. Looking forward to my workout!!

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869
full body workout x3:
core workout x3: M - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin
take vitamins daily: M - y, T-y
I see a lot of green going on! Keep it up, keep pushing forward, you got this!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Yep, snow in SC. We normally get it once every winter. We don't get "normal" snow though. It's usually snow mixed with sleet and freezing rain. Which cannot be driven in/on. It's why the south "shuts down" when we get any frozen precip. It normally is thawed out and normal within a day or two.
Go run 5 miles in the slow. It'll do you some good.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
"Staying On Track" Tuesday:

My Goals For The Week...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. None, 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up), Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. 1
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under, Under
9. Log everything. Y, Y
Looking good!! You'll be back down to your goal weight in no time.

Good morning losers. We'll I haven't logged anything this week. That changes today. I'm down another .2, nothing drastic but it's a step in the right direction.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Off to the mall. **sigh** Sadly, I've become an old lady mall walker. lol =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.