Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24 >

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Old 01-18-2016, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi and it's so good to be back home! WE were out of the state since Thursday for two funerals. That makes 4 funerals so far this year! I sure hope that slows down! But, the good this is that I met classmates and family I haven't seen in 35 years. So the visits were warm and wonderful and so needed. Food-wise, it was rich and plentiful at every stop along the way. And I ate--celebrating but I tried to always be aware of what I was eating, the amounts and why I was eating. I weighed at home this morning and I was up less than a pound from what I weighed at home 2 weeks ago, so I'm not bombed about that. At class, my weight was down a little over 2 pounds from the last time we had class. Back to clean eating, less carbs, lower fat, and plenty of protein. Vicki
Old 01-18-2016, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in. I'm exhausted. My parents are in town, and even though we haven't really done anything but putter around the house I'm exhausted. I made cabbage soup for dinner (cabbage, potatoes, kielbasa, onions, cheddar with chicken stock, salt and pepper) and it was very tasty. Just takes a lot of prep time, especially since I made a double batch. Then I made apple pie. Good thing with having a lot of people over is that I only got 1 piece. lol Automatic portion control.

I'm going to bed early tonight. Have to get up super early, drive to downtown Phoenix and spend the morning in court for my son. It will be difficult to deal with, and I don't know how the emotional turmoil will affect my eating. I can say now that I'll be mindful and keep it under control, but I can't guarantee that will happen when I'm actually in that moment.

Have a good night all.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, friends!

Just a quick check in before I start my day. Yesterday continued to be right on track and I was motivated by my weight loss last week to go full steam ahead. Still no walking, (....no SUV, 7 below zero) but I think I'm going to keep the husband's car this afternoon, bite the bullet and do some mall walking. My back feels SO much better when I get my walk in for the day. Hopefully, my SUV will be ready by the end of the day.

Mike,
Did Popeye's replace Sonic?? lol Thank God for that bottle of water you had logged there! Remember, I have "people" at your local Sonic who let me know when you pull through the drive thru. Thanks for pulling me back to the group. It was just the push I needed to wake up and shake off some bad eating habits.

Tori,
Thank goodness the dog got the sweet potato and not the steaks! Sounds delicious!

Debbie,
How old are your kids? Don't let anyone fool you, raising young kids IS a workout. Great job staying focused and on track!

Lisa,
Sounds like a really stressful day ahead. Take good care of yourself and get some rest tonight. Hopefully, everything will go well.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. None
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up)
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. Not yet.
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under
9. Log everything. Y

One day down, six to go! =)
Old 01-19-2016, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

I love all the positive vibes from everyone here. I am knitting myself a goal sweater that should fit me when I've lost all the weight. The sleeves are done and I am working on the right front in a four row repeat pattern. It keeps my hands and mind busy in the evening. I can't be snacking and knitting at the same time and I will have a nice cozy sweater to keep me warm next winter.
I have been doing ok but I am getting bored with the diet and need some more options to keep me on track. Tonight I have some left over pork roast to plan a meal around. Winter is here with snow flurries in the forecast and bad road conditions. I am just happy not having to go any where and thankful that we have heat and food in the house. Have a good day all.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Good day, folks!

Debbie: Great start to the week!

Vicki: So sorry to hear about all the funerals. That has to be stressful.

Lisa: I hope things go well for you and your son.

Quinn: Sounds like you had a great start to the week, too, although sorry to hear the back flared up.

Libby: Great idea to have a hobby that keeps your hand busy. And you get a nice sweater out of it!

As for me, nothing exciting going on here, just plugging along. Working on Tea #2 for the day. Eek, I'm almost finished -- time to make another!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Friends,

Back on track and the scale did slide a bit so I am almost back to Friday's weight. I made to sure to drink all my water and chugged a lot already today.
I usually eat spinach every day, either in my salad at lunch or cooked with eggs or another veg in the evening. It's not my favourite but I do include it for the potassium.

Onward and downward.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,
Did Popeye's replace Sonic?? lol Thank God for that bottle of water you had logged there! Remember, I have "people" at your local Sonic who let me know when you pull through the drive thru. Thanks for pulling me back to the group. It was just the push I needed to wake up and shake off some bad eating habits.
I was wondering why they kept taking pictures of me.

Today has been one of those days. Super busy, feels like a Monday. I haven't logged anything but then again, I haven't had much of anything. I guess I need to load up on water and see how much I can get that scale to drop in the morning!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Debbie,
How old are your kids? Don't let anyone fool you, raising young kids IS a workout. Great job staying focused and on track!
I will not be fooled!! LOL!!!

I have a 9 year old boy who turns 10 in April. He's an old soul and a very thoughtful and kind person. He is loyal to the bone!! What a sweet guy! My other is an 8 year old girl. She's a very young soul...my kids are so opposite that way! She's very lighthearted and lights up a room when she walks in. She too is a very loyal friend. I admire that trait in both my kids. I'm proud of them (if you couldn't tell!) and enjoy watching them grow up...it's a privilege to be their mom!

I wish I could be a stay at home mom....I really think we would all have easier lives...well at least I would! But we're used to 2 incomes and all that having 2 incomes allows. I'm thankful to be able to be home by the time the kids are off school.

You sound like you're doing well and staying on track!! Great job!! Have you tried any indoor walking programs during the cold months? Have you ever heard of Jessica Smith? She has lots of free Youtube stuff and she's known for her indoor walking workouts. Here's a link in case you're interested.

her youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv/featured

her website: Jessica Smith TV — Jessica Smith TV Fitness YouTube Workout Videos
Old 01-19-2016, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I love all the positive vibes from everyone here. I am knitting myself a goal sweater that should fit me when I've lost all the weight. The sleeves are done and I am working on the right front in a four row repeat pattern. It keeps my hands and mind busy in the evening. I can't be snacking and knitting at the same time and I will have a nice cozy sweater to keep me warm next winter.
I have been doing ok but I am getting bored with the diet and need some more options to keep me on track. Tonight I have some left over pork roast to plan a meal around. Winter is here with snow flurries in the forecast and bad road conditions. I am just happy not having to go any where and thankful that we have heat and food in the house. Have a good day all.
I LOVE that you are making yourself a goal sweater!!! I remember it was one of the first conversations you and I had here on Fitday...discussing your goal sweater!! I'm happy to hear you're working on one again!! As for getting bored with the diet....I think we can all relate!! Start trying some new recipes ASAP!! I know if I get bored with my menu, it can lead me down a bad path. Maybe we should all post some really easy, but tasty recipes!! I'm sure we could all use some new recipes in our arsenal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.