Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-04-2016, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

It's a new year, time to pick ourselves back up (if we've fallen) and get back to the grind.

My goals for the week:

1) log food/water
2) drink 100 oz of water a day
3) drink a bottle of water BEFORE I eat a meal
4) lose 1 pound
Old 01-04-2016, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike!! Are you gonna join the spring weight loss challenge? We could use a little testosterone lol.

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water
2) walk daily
3) eat clean
Old 01-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Hi Mike!! Are you gonna join the spring weight loss challenge? We could use a little testosterone lol.

Goals:
1) 6 glasses of water
2) walk daily
3) eat clean
I can, however, if y'all are only looking for a little testosterone, I might not be too welcomed.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mike and Hope!

I fell off the wagon over Christmas (planned and willing), and then it took the week after Christmas to get back in the groove. I think I've got things under control now, and I'm looking forward to a great year.

If you haven't come on for the Spring Challenge, Thinner, Healthier, Better You, come join us here.

My goals:
1. log everything
2. something resembling exercise
Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa, it happens, get back up on that horse!

I want to issue a challenge. This thread has been slow lately, I know I haven't been much help. If there's someone that's missing, that you'd like to see, that has fallen by the wayside or just strayed away... send them a private message. Check in on them. Invite them back, tell them how much they are missed and how they've helped you.

If you can't remember for sure their name, here's our member list. it's alphabetical, or you can click on the tab for posts and find those that have been active on here. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/members/list/
Old 01-04-2016, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I'm ba-ack! (Didja miss me?) Hi there, Mike! Happy New Year to you and everyone!

So, yeah, new year and a restart. I tried an experiment last year -- work conscientiously on diet/nutrition from January through August, then "wing it" for the remainder of the year. The first part of the year involved daily weighing, logging and reporting/recording results. The last part involved doing NONE of the above. The kicker was (is) that at the start of the new year, I MUST report the results.

I didn't start 2015 with this plan in mind. It sort of just evolved though the year. Basically, I realized that daily weighing and logging isn't something I think I can maintain forever. So I wanted to see what would happen if I just stopped.

That didn't mean I gave myself license to eat anything and everything, all day every day. But I did allow myself a lot of slack. I didn't deny myself anything. If I wanted it (as in truly wanted/craved it), I allowed myself to have it. I tried to use moderation -- most of the time. Instead of having the whole thing, I portioned it out into single servings (and immediately froze the other bits) and had just a bit when needed. And if I did overindulge for a day or two (ok, a week -- hello, holidays), I tried to be reasonable after.

More importantly, I allowed no guilt whatsoever. If I was going to eat it, I was darn-well going to enjoy it. If I didn't think I was going to truly enjoy it, I passed on it. It wasn't has difficult to do as I would have thought.

It was a gamble, but one I needed to take. I NEEDED a break from the daily regimen. I NEEDED a break from having food and nutrition top of mind. I needed to breathe. I assumed I'd gain 4-5 pounds and was ready to accept up to 10 pounds . Wouldn't like it, but I was prepared to accept it.

Well, it's the beginning of the new year and I'm thrilled to report the results weren't nearly as disastrous as I envisioned. True, I gained, but it was "only" 2.25 pounds. After this diet vacation, I'm ready to get back to diligence. Ready to remove those 2.25 and have a few more chase after it. I think I'll do weekly weigh-ins for 2016, with Mondays being my target day.

Today is Monday, so here I am. We'll see how it goes from here .
Old 01-04-2016, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hehe I stepped away from the computer before submitting my post and the thread grew! Hi there and Happy New Year, Hope and Lisa!
Old 01-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Epixi, not too shabby at all. You sound a little like me. I'm an 'all or nothing' kinda guy. I'm full blast... or nothing. I use to weigh myself every day, it gets to be a daunting task. I'm going to tri to weigh myself every few days. I doubt that'll work. I'm sure I'll be back on the scale in the morning.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Holy Moly, this is the busiest this thread has been in a long while. Just glad to see so many of you here. We have the Friday weigh-in and the Monday SPRING CHALLENGE to keep us on track. It should be a good year for us all.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Just "talked" to quinniepoo, she'll be back, ready to kick butt next week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.