Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16 >

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Community
Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-06-2016, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Tori! Holy cow, haven't seen you IN AGES. Welcome back!!!! Did Mike drag you back in? Gotta thank him for getting this going. BTW what is TBM?
Hiya! Yeah, it's been quite a while. He sort of kinda dragged me back. I had already planned on logging my food, just didn't know if I would have the time and energy to devote to checking in here. I'll wing it for now. I may not be able to check in every day, especially weekends. Weekends are the only time that BF and I see each other. We work opposite schedules. See previous post about who and what TBM is.

Originally Posted by canary52
Let's blame it on exhaustion. Let's blame it one DD coming home. Hell let's blame it on Mike.
BLAME IT ON MIKE!!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Mike, if the scales says a loss of 3 pounds, who are you to argue (wink wink). Of course, if it says a gain of 3 pounds, them's fightin' words!

Tonight's cooking adventure will be soup. I have a ham bone left over from the holidays. I have some vegetable stock (very low sodium to counteract the sodium in the ham). I soaked a bunch of beans overnight. I'll throw in some onions, spinach and tomatoes. Wish me luck!
Yep, you got that right. The soup sounds good!!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'll wing it for now.
Boo freakin' who!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
BLAME IT ON MIKE!!!!
I'm use to it.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

The thread is definitely hopping.

I went out to groom a horse today. I wouldn't say that I gave my arms a great workout, but there was a lot of dried mud and then clean up to do. Tasha didn't cooperate with me so I had to walk out in the field twice to get her. Once I got her inside she went along with everything I asked, including lifting her hooves for me to clean.
Next time I need to remember to bring apples or candy canes with me to start with. Then I won't have to chase the horse down, she will come to me.

Need to take a shower now because all that dried on mud ended up on me.

Tomorrow, I am holding out for a walk.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick update. Tuesday and Wednesday went well. Under calories on both days. Today I have already logged everything through lunch. Not sure what supper will be yet so couldn't log it. Will do a full update when I get home today.

My confession of the day. There may or may not have been an impulse donut eaten around 3 this morning.

Have a great day FitDayers!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm up early, just couldn't sleep any more. Every one else is still asleep so I can't make any noise in the kitchen. I keep thinking of the quote that Brian wrote,
"This months food is next months body". It's a scary thought and although it keeps me from eating junk some time it worries me to eat any thing. How crazy is that? I need some meal options that are approved, some things that the guys will like but are fine for me too. When you have been cooking for 40 years you get into a rut and cook the same things over and over again. Where have you found good recipes?
Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I'm up early, just couldn't sleep any more. Every one else is still asleep so I can't make any noise in the kitchen. I keep thinking of the quote that Brian wrote,
"This months food is next months body". It's a scary thought and although it keeps me from eating junk some time it worries me to eat any thing. How crazy is that? I need some meal options that are approved, some things that the guys will like but are fine for me too. When you have been cooking for 40 years you get into a rut and cook the same things over and over again. Where have you found good recipes?
I can completely relate Libby!! To not being able to sleep and getting to a point that I was afraid to eat anything.....that was when I was at my lowest weight a couple years back (if you remember)...I think it's how I stayed on track back then....out of fear. I can also relate to getting in a rut and cooking the same thing when cooking for a family!!!

I often check out skinnytaste.com for new recipes to try. I've found quite a few that are good that both my husband and I like! The kids...not so much...they are verrrrrrry picky! But it's still helpful to find something that both my husband and I like. Another good site is kalynskitchen.com. She puts up low carb recipes and many are very good! Let me know if you check out the sites and if you try any recipes
Old 01-07-2016, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

libby- I find a lot of recipes on Facebook now and I tweak them to make them healthier. Tonight I'm doing a honey garlic chicken. It looks good and no real fattening ingredients. It's some herbs, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and olive oil. Marinated 30 minutes and baked for 35 at 400*. Looks yummy and should be BF friendly. I'll pair it with some roasted red potatoes and green beans. Toss a salad for me and I'll be set for a healthy meal. I'm sure there will be leftovers for tomorrow's lunch too. My biggest thing is to watch my calories. I eat what I want, and what BF would want, and just keep my calories under a set number each day. It worked for me in the past, so we're going to try it again.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

quick update. The scale is still being stupid, BUT STILL MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. 205.4#. That's down 5.2# in 36 hours. I'm going to keep plugging away!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, my go to for recipes is Pinterest. I have found a plethora of good recipes on there. Last night was Tuscan chicken with fire roasted and sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, green peppers (not in the recipe but I added them), so it was super low cal and I served it over rice. I have found soooo many good recipes on there. If the calories seem to high I either eat less of it and have something low cal with it to fill, or tweak the recipe for lower calories. I'm fortunate that my husband and kids are always game to try new things and like lots of different flavors and textures. I feel for you all who have picky families.

I'm doing well, staying on track with my calories for the most part. I've been over a time or 2, but by less than 200 which is still pretty good in my book. Yesterday I only had 2 granola bars for snacks during the day so I was right on target at the end of the day, maybe even a little under. We'll see what the scale says for tomorrow's weigh in.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

My goals for the week:

1) log food/water yes, yes, most (not all)
2) drink 100 oz of water a day yes (140oz), yes (right at a gallon), yes (118.3)
3) drink a bottle of water BEFORE I eat a meal yes, yes, yes
4) lose 1 pound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.