Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-05-2016, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

gotcha.

New year, new leaf. No blaming others. It would be SO convenient though.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, I understand your feelings and at 56, I still feel that way some days. I don't like needing to watch every bite I eat, but if I want to continue to lose weight and be healthy, that's what I must do. Relationships are WORK--none of mine have ever been easy and each one created growth for me emotionally and sometimes physically! I lost myself after a difficult divorce and made terrible choices, but, oh, the lessons that I learned--and am still learning, from that! I think life is a series of mistakes and lessons learned and that each step helps prepare us for the next chapter.

So, after lunch, I'm off to the gym! Vicki
Old 01-05-2016, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki--it was a roller coaster, that's for sure. I didn't know, at the time, that I was capable of falling so hard so fast for someone. I had always protected myself by not getting too close to someone. There was, and still is, something about him. He was "the one", so to speak. I've definitely learned that I have to stop putting him first all the time though. I'm worth being the best I can be. For him, me, and our pups. Thank you for understanding. I'm sure there are MANY here who "get it".
Old 01-05-2016, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I don't have horses, but there is a farm two miles from me that has eleven horses. I have been given permission to bring in any of the three largest horses to groom and release. I can't afford the riding fee, but it's a great upper body workout to brush them out and clean their hooves.

The walk I took yesterday, on that same farm, was about a half mile. I am so out of shape.

Hmm, Tori, I get it.
I too am tired. I was tired. I allowed my husband of 30-something years to regulate my energy level. I got things done during the day while he was at work, or I didn't do them at all. He would come home from work, change into his housecoat and watch TV, drinking cola and eating chips. Oh and smoking cigarettes. Out of a sense of duty, I would sit with him. Although I don't drink cola, eat chips or smoke. Life was all about waiting to die.
Then I had a heart attack.
Now he hasn't changed other than smoking outside. I on the other hand have a life. I have friends. I go spend time with them. I am learning new things.
I'm still tired of the dreary life at home, but I get out.

I hope to learn archery on Sunday afternoon. If not this Sunday, next Sunday.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Annette--I totally understand sitting and watching tv while the SO does. I've found myself doing the same. Only thing is, I too was eating chips and drinking soda. He helps with the housework and cooking so I'm lucky in that regard. He also helps with the dogs. He knows when I'm having a particularly bad day ( I have RA ) and will do more on those days. He did all of the cooking and kitchen cleaning while he was off Christmas Eve through New Years. It helps so very much. I told him the other day that I had to start making better food choices again. We met when I was full force into my weight loss journey a few years ago, so he's known me at my smallest adult weight and my current weight. Which is roughly 40 pounds heavier than my smallest. He'll be cooking tonight. We have chicken breast laid out to cook. He said he would season it with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and pan sear it then finish it in the oven. We will probably have baked beans and corn to go with it. He may or may not do rice, he was undecided. I told him that I wouldn't change how I cook completely, it's not fair to him, but that I HAD to lighten the menu some. Ground turkey in soups, chili, and pasta dishes. Mostly focusing on getting more greens and vegetables in our diet. He said he was on board. I feel motivated again. I think that's the biggest difference this time.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Wow! I just looked and so far I'm under 600 cals for the day. Just started on my 4th bottle of water.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Mike, I don't have horses, but there is a farm two miles from me that has eleven horses. I have been given permission to bring in any of the three largest horses to groom and release. I can't afford the riding fee, but it's a great upper body workout to brush them out and clean their hooves.
Hooves? I'd be afraid of getting kicked.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hooves? I'd be afraid of getting kicked.
you may deserve it

Okay, going to catch an hour or so of shut eye before work. I'm at 1320 calories for the day. Not sure how to log food tonight at work. Does it go on today or tomorrow??? I may just take an average of the two days.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, when I work nights, I log it according to the time I eat it. If before 12 mn I put it on current day's log; if I eat it after 12 mn, then I put it on that day's log.

I've been afraid on the treadmill for years since one threw me and I was bruised and battered. Today, I decided to conquer that fear. I got on a treadmill! Didn't stay on but 12 minutes and didn't go too fast, but I DID IT! Vicki
Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all Today is a rest day for me, thank goodness because I'm pretty sore from Monday and Tuesdays workouts. I'm planning to get in some cardio today....maybe on the bike or the elliptical.

Vicki - That's awesome that you've overcome your fear of the treadmill! Are you still enjoying the classes at the gym and doing the weights circuit?

Annette - You may have only walked a half mile, but that's more than doing nothing at all. Be proud of your accomplishment

Tori - That must be tough working nights. What do you do for a living? As for how to log food when working nights....I'm not sure since I've never worked nights....but I would guess that you're sleeping schedule isn't the same as others. I would log everything you eat in your waking hours since that would be your day....so everything you eat from the time you wake up (from your full sleep) until the time you go to sleep (for your full sleep....like eight hours....not a nap before work). Hope that makes sense! LOL!

A big hello to everyone else...Lisa, Libby, dschefer, Hope, Mike, Quinn, Epixi, gypsyjoy....and anyone else I missed. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-06-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.