Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Support 12/14 - 12/20 >

Motivation and Support 12/14 - 12/20

Community
Notices

Motivation and Support 12/14 - 12/20

Old 12-19-2015, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike and all the wonderful people who encouraged me not to give up over the holidays. You guys are awesome.
Old 12-19-2015, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, beautiful house! Are they done bricking? How are you doing?

Libby, WOW! 30 lbs is freaking amazing! You are doing so great, you'll be to your ultimate goal weight before you know it. You've got a lot of self control, that's for sure. good for you.

I'm off track. I'm not necessarily feeling discouraged or anything. More matter of fact I think. Sure, I'm kinda angry at myself, but it was my own doing. I think I resigned myself to the fact that I would be taking it easy on myself over the holiday, but it looks like that started a tad too early!

My feet feel really good in the mornings, but by evenings they are screaming again. The kids are off school for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to stay off them more during Christmas break. Maybe they'll be able to heal for good that way.

Did I tell you that my daughter, Sara (14), wants to start walking with me? I've got Matthew (15) ready to go with me on PiYo when my feet are healed, and Sara ready to go to start walking. These two are going to whip me into shape!!!

Hope everyone's weekend is a good one.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Brian posted a quote that I won't forget. "This months choices is next months body." I am fine with saying no for now because cookies and candy will always be here but my health will not if I don't take care of myself. You are what you eat and I would rather be a brussel sprout than a pumpkin pie.

Lisa, give your kids a big hug for being supportive of your efforts. You are the only Mom they have and they need you to be around for them. I wish that I could have done this when my kids were younger. I missed doing a lot of activities with them because I was over weigh and out of shape. My husband took them bicycling, hiking, rock climbing, cave exploring and lots of things I couldn't do. I would love to have those years back now. Hindsight is 20/20.
All I can do is make my future better.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Been a while since I posted....I've been struggling with personal stuff and have just not been in a good frame of mind. Trying my best to pull myself out of this fog and find the positive things to focus on. I certainly do have a lot of good in my life...I just need to remember this when that dark cloud is hanging overhead.

Lisa - So awesome that you have your children's support!! Take them up on their offer!! They say those who have an exercise buddy/buddies are more successful at sticking to their routine. Sorry to hear you're feeling off track, but happy to hear you aren't feeling discouraged. It's a slippery slope....climb back up and get back on track before you end up....like me! LOL! ...sad but true!

Libby - I'm so proud of you!! Maybe that's sounds funny coming from someone you've never actually met, but I truly and sincerely mean it! There was a long time that you struggled...lost weight and then gained it back....but you're proving to yourself that you've got what it takes to put in the time and effort and see fantastic results. You're giving me hope that I will shake this slump and be able to do it all again and get to my goal. Don't let anything stop you Libby!! You are truly on your way to your goal!!

big waves to everyone else....Mike (some house you're building there....WOW! Beautiful!!), dschefer, Brian and anyone else I missed
Old 12-19-2015, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie. You have been gone for a while and I have missed you. You helped me when I was struggling and I hope that I can do the same for you. I still look up to you and wish I was at your weight and dedication to exercise. Now don't disappear again.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

This is going to be a very busy week getting the house ready for Christmas. I haven't even decorated the tree yet but at least it is in the stand. The lights take about three hours to do so I may get them done this afternoon after I see my dad and get groceries. It might just be a frozen pizza night. Gotta go.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi Debbie. You have been gone for a while and I have missed you. You helped me when I was struggling and I hope that I can do the same for you. I still look up to you and wish I was at your weight and dedication to exercise. Now don't disappear again.
Thanks for the kind words Libby I'll try to post more often, but most likely won't be posting on the daily especially over the next few weeks with the holidays and all....but I will do my best to check in a few times
Old 12-20-2015, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

I probably won't be posting much this week except for weigh in on Mondays challenge and Friday weigh in. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy holiday.