Motivation and Support 11/30 -12/6 >

Motivation and Support 11/30 -12/6

Community
Notices

Motivation and Support 11/30 -12/6

Old 11-30-2015, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Support 11/30 -12/6

Hi all and happy Monday. It was very quiet over the week end but now we need to make some noise. Let's get working out and eating right and show that scale who's the boss. We have 5 weeks till the end of the year so let's finish strong.

Last edited by libby135; 11-30-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Yow, the end of the year is upon us already!

I have not been doing well--my emotions have been guiding my evening eating, and I've just glommed onto tortilla chips and dip and beer. I didn't take in that many calories but have somehow been retaining water.

I'm getting back on track this week--the holiday weekend and all the family time threw me off.

Glad to see there are quite a few of us still around, and glad to see Hope back here too.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

I was MIA over the weekend, sorry! I'm now on the road to recovery from my holiday eating. Actually, I didn't do that badly. The worst thing I did was have a few slices of pie over 2 or 3 days. I did gain weight, but I think I'm retaining water for some reason. I haven't been losing as easily that past couple weeks. Tonight some things are going to change. Tonight I start my 60 day PiYo program, and guess what! My 15 year old son is going to do it with me! yea!!! He's not fat, just a little muffin top and he wants to tone/define his muscles. I'm so glad to have a buddy to do this with. I hope we can both manage to do it without it killing us!

Hope, nice to see you back!
Old 11-30-2015, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Got a great workout in this afternoon and I'm so tired--but it's a good tired! Lost 4#s this past week--and it was Thanksgiving AND we had to go out of state to a funeral. With all that, I managed to lose! Vicki
Old 11-30-2015, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

good for you Vicki! That's quite an accomplishment!

Tonight Matthew and I did the first workout in PiYo, which was lower body. The part of my body that was absolutely screaming and prevented me from finishing all the way through was my feet. My feet were cramping sooooo badly I think from trying to support all my 257lbs in odd positions that it's not used to. We went halfway through and then the phone rang. It was my son calling from jail, and I have to take his calls when they come in so I told Matthew we'd just call it a night at the half way point. It was good though. I'm not flexible or fluid or graceful or strong, but I did pretty well for a fat old lady! I watched tomorrow's workout, Upper Body, and I'm pretty confident I can make it all the way through.

Each day I will get stronger and more flexible and each day I'll be able to do a little bit more. Our form left something to be desired! lol We'll get there though.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

It's December first. Where did the year go? I am trying to think of Christmas gifts for my family and nothing comes to mind. I would like to get it done this week before it gets too crazy at the mall. They are doing valet parking now for
$8.00. I saw it on the news last night.
I am glad to see people back on board and exercising.
Vicky 4# loss, congrats.
dschefer, back away from the chips and beer. I know that once I start it's hard to stop but you can do it.
Lisa, so good that you have your son to exercise with you. Prayers for your son in jail.
Now we need to hear from the rest of you. Don't be shy.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't get to aqua fit last night because I was too tired but I will get out for a walk today. How is every one doing?
Lisa, How is PiYo going? Is your son still exercising with you?
dschefer, I'm so glad that you are back on track this week.
We need every one here to keep us motivated so keep posting and we can all
get closer to our goals.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Last night I didn't want to exercise. I just wanted to skip it. But my son pushed me and I couldn't say no to him. That's what an exercise buddy is all about! I am not feeling any soreness in any of my body, except for the arches and heels of my feet. Monday's workout was lower body and I think from trying to balance myself and such an extreme amount of weight in awkward positions that I strained the tendons or something in my feet. It hurts to walk! Tonight's workout is called "Sweat", and it's 37 minutes long. yikes!!! I don't know if my feet will hold up. I'm going to try it wearing tennis shoes to see if the shoes give me any more support and stability and take some of the pressure off my tootsies.

I roasted my 2nd turkey last night, and I'm going to rip it apart today. I am going to split it into packages and hopefully have enough for 3 dinners out of it for this week. Tonight we are having a BBQ turkey salad (supposed to be chicken but same thing) It's got a combo of bbq sauce and ranch dressing. Sounds kind of weird, but maybe it will be great.

I need to get back to logging my food. I stopped on Thanksgiving after I had been so diligent about it for quite a while. Yesterday I'm pretty sure I stayed at or around my goal. So far today I am on track. Hope I can stick to it!!!

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, PiYo sweat sounds intense. You are so lucky to have a buddy to work out with. Tell us how your exercise and turkey dinner turned out. I am having on off day, too many carbs and not enough exercise. I did get out for a short walk but I should do more. Tomorrow is a new day.

Last edited by libby135; 12-02-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, even if you're a bit off, overall you're doing marvelous. Tomorrow is a new day, and you are doing great.

Well, I think I really did injure the tendons in the bottom of feet, or whatever it is that's under there. They hurt when I'm not on them, and to try to walk is excruciating pain. I did not do my PiYo today. Matthew has a marketing project that needed to get done. He, Sara and I sat out on the back patio splattering different colors of paint with toothbrushes on 48 bucket hats. Up and down a ton, which for me is exercise. Sitting on the hard concrete hurts! I'm too old and fat for that! lol. We had a really good time, but by the time we were done, I still had to pull apart the turkey and get dinner ready. Not enough time in the day today.

I made the turkey bbq salad, and I really liked it. I didn't quite like the bbq sauce I bought and I know it would be great if I had a better brand or flavor or something. It was good though. I really like salads. Tonight's salad was pretty high in calories though...810! 4 oz of turkey, 1/3 c of shredded cheese, ranch dressing (that did me in! I should have bought lite), black beans, corn, bbq sauce, and a few crushed corn chips. The cheese was high too. But you can't have a salad without cheese!

Have a good night, all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.