Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 11/16-11/22

Old 11-16-2015, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Is it a new week already?

Hi Brian, nice to meet you. I know about the downward slope. The hardest times are pulling yourself out of a dive, but every time you do it, you become stronger!
We're all doing really well, hanging in here. This is about the longest I've ever gone consistently. All of you are so helpful to me!

I haven't been able to eat hardly anything today--I've been so nervous with the tenant situation. I'm now waiting to be contacted by the lawyer's assistant to set up an appointment.

Please let this be over soon so I can get back to my life!
Old 11-16-2015, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - you're doing so well! Don't beat yourself up over 400 calories. That's certainly not enough to undo your progress from this past week. Plus sometimes changing up calories for a day can help to keep your metabolism revved. Keep your chin up girl and keep on truckin' . Sorry to hear the shaeology wasn't pleasant. All the more reason to have the Atkins shake that you thoroughly enjoy!
Old 11-16-2015, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

dschefer - Looks like you and I were posting at the same time so I missed your post. Sorry to hear the tenant situation hasn't yet been resolved!! So frustrating I'm sure!

Lisa
- I just took a page out of your book! I'm hungry and it's almost time for bed, so I decided to have a shake since you seem to enjoy them so much I had unsweetened almond milk with Isofemme strawberry whey protein. Hope it tides me over until morning!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lisa,
Everybody needs a break once in a while. For me, the calories in beer or my nighttime chocolate squares don't count. I do really good all day and then I let myself go in the evenings a bit. It means I slow my progress, but I need the endorphins.

Debbie, good for you for finding solutions that work for you in the evening.

The lawyer's assistant emailed me back to set up a meeting--this is a big step in the right direction. Now I just need to make an appt and fly down to the Bay Area (I'm in Seattle).
I'm not exactly sure when I get my life back?!?
Old 11-16-2015, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for your words of wisdom - and encouragement... I'll get back in the grove - today was just a very 'down' day for me - and not in the weight department..

Had the guys over for coffee and conversation in my garage the 'man cave'. I always have some popcorn and peanuts for them to snack on... I couldn't stay out of the peanuts tonight having several hand fulls, and some popcorn...

So now my calories for the day are 1200 plus... I guess that is okay - but I really need to be down in weight tomorrow.. That would be motivating....

Like the previous poster... I do SO good all day, then I kind of let things go in the evenings a bit (a few peanuts, almonds, etc..)

Here's hoping for a better weight in tomorrow than I had today...

Keep at it all... This is a long and hard journey.... but one worth taking.. Right??
Old 11-16-2015, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

well, I managed a few less calories than I anticipated. I'm over by 270 calories today. That's not a deal breaker. I'm a little hungry and could have an atkins/milk and feel full, but I'll be going to bed soon so I will stop eating for the night.

Have a good day Tuesday everyone!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

This looks like it's going to be a high cal. day. It's only 9am and I am at 450 cal. already with my scrambled eggs toast and chocolate soy milk. Tonight I am going to Aqua fit class so I have to eat early enough that I don't go with a full tummy. It should be easier now that I weigh less. I will report back tonight. Have a good day.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Well for the first time since I started this, my 'Tuesday' weigh in is UP one pound from last week... That is not the right trend.. Today is a new day..

Oct 13: 290.2
Oct 20: 277.6
Oct 27: 274
Nov 03: 273
Nov 10: 261.2
Nov 17: 262.2 (I'm so with myself)!!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Brian, what diet are you on that you have to eat steak and an apple? Just curious. You have done extremely well up until this hic up. Just go back to
what you were doing and all will be well in a couple of days.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not ever sure what the diet is called.. It is a lose a pound a day diet that chiropractors seem to have.. For 8 days you have a meal replacement shake two times per day, and a sensible meal for supper (fruit, veggie, and meat). After 8 days you have one meal replacement shake a day and two sensible meals.... Calories are restricted - to about 750 per day for the first 8 days... after that goes up a bit...

I did lose 30 pounds in 30 days... but now I seem to struggle.. I am also working with a natural path Dr. He is helping me with my metabolism - and I am monitoring my blood pressure daily - so I can see it come down.. I have stopped taking one of my BP meds for about am month now - and my BP is staying really good...

My goal here is to get off all my BP meds.. I know I can do it... it is just a hard journey......

I am going to have a better day today....

Oh and a far as the steak and apple..... that is called a 'steak day' in this. If you go three days with NO weight loss, on the third day you are supposed to eat NOTHING except a 5 oz steak and and apple. I have done that several times - and usually then day after I am down 2 pounds or so...

Last edited by brian.dte; 11-17-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.