Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15 >

Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Community
Notices

Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

I'm off to soak in the tub with some lavender bath salts and a book I picked up today. That's pampering to me I wear makeup every day and am known for my locks...so I got that part down! I'm currently growing my hair and plan to donate it in April. Right now, it's almost down to my waist. I hope to have my weight down by April so that when I cut all my hair off, I still feel pretty.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, donating your hair is truly a gift of love. Enjoy your lavender bath and dream of April and being at your goal weight. You can do it.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Debbie, donating your hair is truly a gift of love. Enjoy your lavender bath and dream of April and being at your goal weight. You can do it.
Thanks Libby I'm not aiming for April to be at goal....I think that's unrealistic for me...but I do plan to be down significantly from where I am today.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

I've been doing super well on my calories. My weight is still up nearly 2 lbs from last Friday, but I know it's just bloat and water retention. I feel like a whale. Not only that, but a whale with a harpoon going through my lower abdomen! not a fun time for me.

I'm doing great staying on track with my eating. I've had a few treats, but nothing crazy off the charts, and nothing that has been bad enough to derail me. I have been drinking water, but I've also been drinking soda. I really wish I could kick that habit! I got hypnotized to stop smoking once...maybe I should do it for quitting soda! I'm kidding, but only because I don't have the money for a legit hypnotist.

I've been sick with a terrible cold for at least a week now. It's almost over, but the cough is hanging on tight and doesn't want to go away. Makes breathing difficult, especially if I exert myself in any way.

Debbie, I hope you enjoyed your soak!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - You are not alone! We all have our vices....that's for certain. Just try to do your best to keep the soda to a minimum...at least that way you won't feel that you have to completely give it up. I remember you were trying to drink diet soda before. Not a good replacement for the real thing? Sorry to hear you're still dealing with that darn cold still...and to top it off you feel like a harpooned whale!! LOL! Dear me, that's a lot of feeling bad!! Hope you are on the mend and feel better soon!

Libby
and dschefer - Hello!!

Have a great day all!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's very quiet this week. Is it the weather? Let us know how you are doing.
Lisa, drink some tea with lemon for your cold. I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Debbie, April is 20 weeks away. We could be twenty pounds lighter by then.
Wouldn't that be great.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Greetings! I've read others posts but haven't said much myself--had some out-patient surgery Tuesday to remove some old scar tissue that had got infected. Back on antibiotics but no pain meds needed-yeah! Now to do all I can to facilitate healing--plenty of protein, vitamins and fluids and what exercise I can. My MD was very pleased with my progress in losing weight, decreasing edema in legs and decreasing B/P & P. Loving the cooler weather. What I love most is the sunshine and clear skies--even if temps are way low! Not very fond of rainy weather even if it is warm!

Debbie: I grew my hair out a few years ago and donated it! I felt so good doing it!

Lisa: My heart goes out to you! Being sick with a cold is bad, but dealing with 'Mother Nature' makes it doubly bad! Hope you feel better soon!

Vicki
Old 11-12-2015, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All... I'm new here...

I'm doing well... but need to stay motivated. I'm down 29 pounds (from 290) since Oct 13/15 - and yesterday for the first time someone told me that then can notice I have lost weight..

Getting to, and maintaining a healthy weight... has been a life long challenge for me... One I have not been successful at..
Old 11-12-2015, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Brian! Congrats on your success of losing 29 lbs.!! That is one heck of a start!! You must have felt so accomplished to have a friend notice your efforts You are certainly not alone in the fact that you've tried to lose weight more than once. We have all been there! But I firmly believe that you can do this...we all can do this...we just have to put in the hard work and believe! I hope you stick around and post often. We're a small group here, but it's so important to find support where ever you can!
Old 11-12-2015, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Vicki, glad to hear you surgery went well and that you've had good results at the dr due to weight loss. Good for you!

Brian, Welcome! As Debbie said, we've all been up and down before and we keep on trying to get it right. It's a journey. There is no quick fix, and it just takes hard work and dedication. Our little group is here to offer support and motivation as well as get some back. Glad you are here!

As I said yesterday, I don't think I'm going to show a loss for tomorrow's weigh in due to mother nature. It wreaks havoc on my body every time. Maybe I'll weigh in, but put an asterisk beside the weight so over time I can see the trend when I mark that week.

I had dinner, but I am still hungry. I don't have any more room for any more calories today, but I am feeling famished. I might have to go over my target and have another atkins with milk tonight to make it through. better to have that, than something junkie and awful for me.

On my mini makeover front. Man, am I enjoying taking time out for myself. I haven't done it in so long and I didn't think it was any big deal and that I wasn't missing out on anything. Got in the tub tonight, washed my hair with my new Paul Mitchell shampoo, scrubbed my face with a store brand Cetaphil (so silky smooth and feels so good!), did my face, neck, decolletage, and hands with pure coconut oil...felt so divine. My face is becoming softer and moister after just a week of pampering. And wearing makeup during the day makes me feel like I look a lot younger again, even if it is only eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I may be fat, but I'm not awful anymore thanks to my beauty school daughter teaching old mom a thing or two.

I hope all of you are having a good night. I'm about done for the night. See you all tomorrow!

Oh, I forgot...I saw something on facebook that I thought I'd share. I would have saved the photo and posted it here, but I don't know how to imbed photos into the post like Debbie does (Debbie...enlighten me!)

It was a photo of the inside of an empty coffee cup. It said, "You can't pour from an empty cup. Make time for yourself." Made me think of all of you in our group here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.