Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15 >

Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Community
Notices

Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Old 11-12-2015, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

I do post a lot of pictures don't I!! LOL!! Right now I just googled "You can't pour from an empty cup. Make time for yourself." Then I clicked on "Images" and found the image I liked. Clicked on it then selected 'View Image'. I then selected and copied the .jpg url Then when I replied to this post, I selected the icon that looks like a landscape and pasted the url into the pop up. Hope that makes sense!!!?!

Old 11-12-2015, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - Glad to hear your personal pampering is making you feel pretty. I am a makeup girl so I completely understand how a little makeup would make you feel nice. Keep it up!

Vicki - That's awesome that your doctor was pleased with your progress!! It's such a nice compliment to have a friend notice our efforts but to have a doctor confirm that you are making strides to improving your health...well that's a whole other level of accomplishment isn't it!! Great job Vicki!!

Libby - You're so right!! In 20 weeks I could be 20 lbs. down!!! I hadn't actually counted out the weeks, so thanks for that and thanks for putting it into perspective for me!!

I'm having an off week and just feel like getting on the scale tomorrow will do nothing but put me in a tail spin. I'm going to avoid tomorrow's weigh in. Even though I'm not weighing in tomorrow, I'll still be here checking in with your all and cheering you all on!! This weekend, I'll be picking up my new workout dvd series then planning to hit it hard on Monday. Only a little over a week before my final Diet Bet weigh in.....fingers crossed that I make it!! I was close to the goal weight last week, but feel I've had a set back this week. I'm not throwing in the towel....just venting and being realistic

Side note to the posters who are lurking...and lurkers who are lurking....post already!! We don't bite!!....well not much

Old 11-12-2015, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

I do wish I knew how to reduce the size of the jpegs that I upload. Anyone know how. Mike do you know now how....Mike are you out there
Old 11-12-2015, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, that was the exact pic I saw on facebook. I got the words a little wrong, but glad you were able to find it for me.

Debbie is right, dear lurkers. We don't bite! The more we have posting it seems the motivational level of everyone gets infinitely higher. So join us already!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Okay - I already posted once - but here goes another...

Thanks you guys/gals for the encouragement! Evening times are the WORST for me.. I can go all day at work, eat what I am planning to eat... stay away from coffee etc..

Then evening time comes... I can finally relax, watch some tv., visit some friends, AND I WANT TO EAT. Not totally because I am hungry.... I just want to taste something GOOD....

My calorie counter on Fit Day says I am still under 1000 calories for today... I even had my 22 almonds already...

I am going away for Christmas and I SO want to be down another 20 pounds....

What are you all doing to loose weight? Atkins? I am watching my carbs and trying to keep the Net Carbs under 30 or so ... but I am trying to eat "sensible meals' of meat, fruit and vegetables every meal ... and staying away from gluten..

Quite often I make a soup with organic vegetable broth, tomato, garlic, broccoli (very little), cauliflower very little) water, spices, chicken breast. That's easy for me for work since I eat at my desk. I've been skipping lunch to meet my wife at the park and go for a 20 min walk at lunchtime every day instead of going home for lunch...

Sure you don't want to know all the details - but there you have it.. At least I wasn't snacking on crackers and peanut butter (kind of my go-to since i am typing..
Old 11-13-2015, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Brian. It looks like you are doing every thing right. Low carb, low fat,
lean meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Evening snacking can be healthy foods like cucumber slices or apple slices or celery. I thought that your calories were very low for a man but I don't know how tall you are. You might want to add some weight lifting into your exercise routine. You are off to a great start. Have you set a goal weight? Keep posting and join in the Friday weigh in if you like. All the best to you.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Brian, as Libby said, you are doing the right things in choosing the right foods to fuel your body the best way possible. I'm also concerned though at the amount of calories you're having. Lowest recommended for a man I think is 1200/day. Also, 20 lbs by Christmas is an awful lot. Are you doing exercise each day in addition to the walks with your wife (which is a very good thing, btw. Wish my dh would do that with me! lol). Very glad you decided to join us. Evening/night time is the absolute worst time for me as well. I get into a lot of trouble foraging through the pantry around that time and usually find my hands on the wrong things. Last night it was the cheddar jack cheez-its. lol. I did only have 1 oz though, if I had to defend myself. I hope you can reach your goals, but if you don't, don't get too down on yourself. 20 lbs is a big number to reach in not a lot of time left.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thank for you comments! Yes I am also doing some free weights.. (not going crazy at it)....

I know 20 pounds by Christmas is a BIG goal.... but not as big as the real goal I started with ..

I started this attempt at my weight loss Oct 13/15. I wanted to be down 50 pounds by Christmas.... One month later is today, November 13/15. I am down 30 pounds - so my 'new goal' is 20 more to go :?... I'm already over half way there... LOL!

I don't know if I can get there... and the hardest part is gonna be STAYING there...

As far as evenings being my WORST time for 'foraging' .... WEEKENDS are like ONE BIG EVENING... and here we go into the weekend!

As far as calorie intake .... yes I know I need to get it up some... I will be hindering myself by slowing my metabolism... not a good thing...
Old 11-13-2015, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Brian, oh I know so well how you feel about weekends! You know, we have a New Year's challenge thread going on right now. If you'd like to join, just let us know your goal by New Year, and weigh in/report every Monday. I know we have another weigh in already on Fridays, but quite honestly having one on Mondays as well has been a tremendous motivator for me to be as good as possible over the weekend. I know what my number was on Friday, and I don't want to see it up just 3 days later. Maybe it might be a good motivator for you as well to help with your foraging. 30 lbs already! wow! that's awesome!
Old 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

I'll try and find that thread! I am just learning how to navigate around here! I am a pretty fast learner though!

I agree with weigh in on Friday and Monday's being a good thing.... Keeps you honest .... and your mind can't then 'trick' me into saying "you have a whole 7 days until weigh in... it's okay to eat this bag of chips and have a few drinks of whiskey"

I'll try and find the thread and post my weigh in on Monday...

This is good MY official weigh in day is Tuesday... Now I have added Friday with you wonderful people. If I add Monday... WOW - I won't be able to afford to mess up... It's almost ALWAYS weigh in day the next day lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.