Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8 >

Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Old 11-02-2015, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Here we are off to a new week. I hope everyone decides to join us this week. It's been a little quieter.

I'm up from Friday by a lot, and from last week so I'm really unhappy. I just can't say no to candy and garbage when it's around. It's like putting crack in front of an addict.

I'm on track today, and I'm going to keep it going. All the "good" candy is gone. Just stuff I don't like is left, so I'm out of the woods with that. Have a good day, all!
Old 11-02-2015, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Here we are off to a new week. I hope everyone decides to join us this week. It's been a little quieter.

I'm up from Friday by a lot, and from last week so I'm really unhappy. I just can't say no to candy and garbage when it's around. It's like putting crack in front of an addict.

I'm on track today, and I'm going to keep it going. All the "good" candy is gone. Just stuff I don't like is left, so I'm out of the woods with that. Have a good day, all!
I hear you. It's easier not to have it around. I like that about the "good" candy vs. the other stuff. New week, new start!

For me, I am going to try not to be so strict as I thought as I was going to be because then I rebel and go hog wild. So yes I bought cold cuts in the health food store but the best ones I could find and I also bought bread but got the $$ gluten free. And yeah I had some mayo but it was sugar free. I bought a couple of less heinous snacks. So I am aiming for healthier. And to be aware of my water intake (I forget!) AND to allow myself to rest without guilt.

Last edited by canary52; 11-03-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Did every one survive Halloween? I managed to lose a half a pound since Friday. I had a big loss last week so I am not expecting too much this week. My first goal is only two pounds away. It was such a beautiful day that I went for a half hour walk and now I am sore. I should do it more often.
Let's all have a good week.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm in for another week of fitday fun! I'm rushed right now, so I can't stick around and post, but wanted to wish everyone a great week! Oh and I managed to get in a good circuit workout today. Woohoo me!!

I'll check back in tomorrow. Have a great evening all!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad Halloween is over! And the kids have their candy in their rooms--so I don't have to see it very often...
Just getting really sick of never being able to actually eat! I found these protein shakes called Pure Protein at Walgreens. They have 30g of protein each and they actually taste good (but they have to be chilled) and they're only 160 cals each. So I have one for breakfast and one for lunch, and I'm actually satisfied. Plus I ate a can of sardines for a little extra protein.
I know it's hard with setbacks and holidays, but we are all doing really well! I'm kind of good at being a *itch right now, though. I'm refusing to eat with the family, and if I feel I need to go upstairs so as not to have to watch them, then I will. Fortunately, my husband doesn't complain too much. The hardest thing, though, is food preparation. I can make salad and vegetables, but it just irks me to have to cook an elaborate meal of which I cannot partake.
Of course, the solution is not for me to have just a little of the good food--it's easier for me to just get the suffering overwith, and get this darn weight off. We're going to Florida over the Christmas holidays and I will enjoy myself then. But for the next 8 weeks, I need to buckle down and do the best I can.
It's clear that we can all do this--we are all very determined--I wish the best for all of you!
Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Up this morning before work and got in an awesome lower body/cardio workout. Feels good to have my workout out of the way for the day. Makes the evenings so much nicer having time for my family! the kids have really been enjoying board games lately and now I will have some free time tonight to play a game with them! The weather here is beautiful for this time of year. Often it's much cooler, so I plan to go for a walk after I pick up the kids from school. They'll scooter along while I walk and if we stop at a park somewhere along the route, they'll be happy

Hope everyone has a productive and a day full of positive vibes
Old 11-03-2015, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Wrapped up my day with an hour walk with the kids. Well they were on their scooters which was great because I had to hustle to keep up with them. Made myself a yummy homemade salmon burger with dill mustard and a side of asparagus for dinner. Nobody else eats this of course, so I whipped up other stuff for the family. We're playing board games tonight! Always fun . I think tonight is Battleship

Where is everyone? I hope you're all too busy working towards your goals to post
Old 11-03-2015, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

The weather was gorgeous today. Last year at this time we were covered in snow and complaining about it. I attended a banquet at lunch and although I made good choices my calorie count was very high for the day. It was nice not to have to cook and I did have dessert. Yum.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby! Yay to beautiful Fall weather in Ontario! That's why I made sure to get out for a nice walk to enjoy it while I can . Glad you enjoyed the banquet!
Old 11-03-2015, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

hi, everyone. I'm on track still, and I'm finally losing the dang Halloween candy weight. I'm back to last monday's weight.

Debbie, yay for getting your exercise in! way to prioritize your own needs with those of your family.

Libby, glad you enjoyed the banquet and a little dessert.

dschefer, I faced the same frustrations as you at one point or another. Family dinner is very important to us, so I knew I couldn't skip it. Here are 3 options that you can try: make normal dinners but use portion control; make healthier dinners that the whole family can enjoy together (it's really easy to sub healthier ingredients for higher fat, calorie ones); make their normal dinner, but modify a portion for yourself that is diet friendly. An example of this is that I make everyone pasta, but for myself I spiralize and sautee some zucchini and cover that with pasta sauce. It's actually much tastier than regular pasta.

-----------------------------

Tonight I made chili with cornbread. I opted to skip the cornbread and I had 1 cup of chili (which was more than enough), 1/3 c shredded cheese and 1 tbsp of light sour cream. The whole dinner, (after I recalculated the number of servings in the pot) was only 440 calories. That's a huge win in my book. Very high in protein, too, with a combo of beef and beans. It was super tasty.

I'm very glad I've been able to stay mostly on track (except for Halloween candy, but it's all gone now...hallelujah!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.