Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8 >

Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

The weather was really great here too so I took one of my tiny walks with DH and enjoyed the foliage. Felling crappy from the fibro and gaining weight back so I will have to be stricter with the diet. Heavy sigh.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's another beautiful day and I plan on doing some walking outside. A lot of the trees have lost all their leaves and the ones that remain are so colourful. I should snap some pictures. My quilt is coming along fine and I am about half done in the piecing of the top. When it snows I will be knitting in the evenings. I miss my dog and expect her to be there when I wake up in the morning. It's good that I have my DH and DS at home so the house isn't empty and I am alone. I have good memories of Penny. The scale showed me a new number this morning so I am happy about that. Let's all have a good day.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Got my 30 minute morning circuit workout in and also did an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'm hoping to get out for a walk again this afternoon to enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts!!! I need to get in all the exercise I can so I don't lose money on this diet bet I joined! I am determined!

Old 11-04-2015, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

I'd like to go outside too, not sure if I am up to walking.

I had delicious oatmeal this morning with cinnamon, coconut, walnuts and sunflower sees sweetened with bananas and blueberries. A and a huge salad with humus and avocado. Snack: almonds and figs. But I am nearing that snacky witching hour...uhoh. Maybe a hard boiled egg...
Old 11-04-2015, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,

It sounds like you're all staying on track and getting back to pre-Halloween weight. Go Lisa!!!

And you're getting outside too. I've been speed walking (unintentionally--we were late-ish) to the bus stop with my daughter in the morning, and I have to carry her very heavy backpack, so that's my little bit of exercise.

Otherwise, not much to report here. I'm just hungry all the time. Am going to the drugstore to get something called Slimmies--it's like fiber that expands in your stomach so you don't feel hungry. Kind of like Metamucil, I suppose.

Good for all of you! I'm doing alright, though I messed up last night since we went out to eat. Restaurants are most definitely not my friend!!!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, so sorry to hear fibro is giving you problems. Your oatmeal sounds delish!

Debbie, love the graphic! good for you for getting your exercise in and staying so motivated! Nothing like losing money, right? whatever it takes to spur you on, I'm all for it.

dschefer, let me know how the slimmies work out.

Libby, hugs to you during your lonely times without Penny. congrats on the new number!

I am definitely drinking much more water than I ever have before. However, I just cannot seem to break my addiction to soda. I try to just take sips throughout the day instead of full glasses, but those sips add up. I can say, though, that I have not been getting the 44 oz huge sodas from the Circle K. That's a win! even though I'm staying within my calorie goal with drinking the soda, I think I would lose weight faster if I didn't have it and had food instead. Do the same calories add up? The thing I'm wondering is if 100 or whatever carbs of pure sugar from soda turn into fat any faster than the same calories but maybe more protein or fiber foods. Anyone's thoughts on that?

Last nights chili became tonight's chili dogs. I had just one, and it filled me up. I used to be able to down 2, sometimes 2.5, no problem at all. I'm glad to know that my "full meter" is adjusting to a more normal range.

I went grocery shopping and bought 3 different kinds of cookies. In order to avoid one person from eating them all and the others not getting any, I divvied them up in ziploc bags for everyone. I did give myself a bag, but I'm going to try to make them last a week. Tonight I had just 2 little Chips Ahoy choc chip cookies, and it was more than plenty. That is a good thing, too!

I've been pretty sick. broken nose (runny or stuffed at different times), tired eyes, plugged ears and scratchy throat. I hope I can kick this soon. It's not any fun at all!

I'll check back in with you all tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2015, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

4:25 a.m. and I just got done making my meal plan for the day. It includes an atkins w/ milk, a baked potato with light sour cream, some butter, some bacon and green onions; oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, craisins, brown sugar and stevia. I just had a thought, I might add some slivered almonds to it. And some soda. I'm planning on reducing the amount I've been drinking drastically. I'll have a few sips in the morning as I'm getting ready to take the kids to school. Then after that I'm going to try to wait until dinner to have any more. I plan on drinking water the rest of the day.

I'm so sick of being sick. my nose and ears are clearing up some. My throat doesn't hurt as much, but I've got a dry cough. I've been sucking on cough drops. I guess I should add those calories to my menu for the day too and count those calories. I bet those little buggers add up quick. Yep, I just went and checked. Those dang things have 14 calories and 3 g carbs each. Now I need to count all the wrappers to figure out how many I've had, and figure out how many more I'm "allowed" to have before I'm over my calorie goal for the day. They are effective in the short term, but they don't hold the coughing at bay for long. I don't know what else to do for it. tea with honey and lemon? isn't there some sort of herbal remedy like that? ugh. I can't take this much longer.

I hope all of you have an excellent day.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Pretty slow around here today....just wanted to chime in to say I had a good day and stuck to my plan. I worked out first thing this morning before work and did an extra walk again this evening with the kids. The weather has been unseasonably warm here!! So nice!!!

Hope everyone had a successful day
Old 11-05-2015, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

good job, Debbie! you're doing fantastic!

My plan for the day changed a little as I went along. I did not have an atkins/milk for lunch. I caved and had a hot dog. For dinner I had a small-ish 6.6 oz baked potato with toppings. omg I feel like I'm going to throw up I'm so full. Not too long ago it would have been nothing for me to have double that. Now, if I had listened to my body and stopped when I was full, I'd have had maybe 3/4 of it. I doubt now that I will be anywhere near hungry enough to have an atkins later either. Not a good day nutrient-wise. I think I only had 4 grams of fiber and only 33 g of protein all day! That's 2 things my atkins provide a supplement for me on...fiber and protein. Another carb heavy day with little else to show for it.

I'm hoping to have a good weigh-in tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. the nice weather is over and it was raining cats and dogs earlier this morning. I decided to sleep in and see if I could get over this sick feeling. I am definitely coming down with something. We are going out for dinner and a movie tonight and I want to enjoy it. I lost a pound and I should be happy with that but I thought it would be much more. Earlier in the week it was more
like two pounds and I would have been out of the eighties. Next week will be better. Debbie and Lisa, you both had good losses this week. Yeah for you.
Becca, our turn is next week and we will have big losses too. Have a good week end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.