Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1 >

Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1

Old 10-29-2015, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I got myself together yesterday afternoon and got my head on straight again. I did well while we had guests and ate on track the entire time....but I did have wine both nights which put my calories over. Just that little indiscretion has caused my weight to jump way up again. I feel discouraged in one sense, but determined in another. I'm so darn tired of feeling this way! I need to feel some success to help keep my motivation up! I'm hoping I have some kind of lose tomorrow....but at this point being only a day away, I feel it's unlikely. **sigh**

Lisa - Some days I count points, other days I count calories...all depends on my mood I guess! I think when I count calories, I feel more in control and watch my macros...but if I feel like that is too much for a day or two, I opt to count points. Guess you could say I'm indecisive!

Libby - I can feel your determination permeating the screen!! If only I lived closer to you!! I could pick you up and we could be gym buddies....but an 8 hour drive is just too much for a gym sesh!

dschefer - I know what you mean! I feel like I've been at this for ever as well!

Vicki - What movie did you watch?

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 10-29-2015, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

I have been at this for 30 years and getting it wrong till now. My mother in law
told me I was eating too much and she was right. I live in a house with three men and even though I was eating less than them I was eating too much. Now I know what to do and it's working. Knock on wood.
Debbie, I am glad that you've got it together. If wine is a problem stop drinking wine. It's easy for me to say because I don't understand the fascination with alcohol. I have other vices. If we lived closer we could go for walks together.

Last edited by libby135; 10-29-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow is my parents 50th wedding anniversary! The venue just changed last minute and it turns out that the party will be held at my home!! I'm happy to put on a party for my parents, but less than 24 hours to prepare....not a lot of time! I will have to take a day off from work as a holiday tomorrow and get very busy...and creative! LOL! Lucky for me, my parents are easy going people and are very easy to please. Regardless, I'm planning a beautiful menu of ginger salmon, rice, salads....can't forget the decadent cake! It's going to be a busy day, but so worth it! Obviously, I won't be tracking dinner, but I will stay on track otherwise for the rest of the day. Guess I should buy some champagne eh!!?!?!
Old 10-29-2015, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, it sounds like you are taking all the right steps and doing the right things. I'm proud of you for posting your goals to garner support from your family. I didn't know you didn't drive anymore. That's got to make it tough when those 4 walls seem to be closing in on you. Hopefully you can make time to get out into nature for a while or something for some fresh air and different scenery.

Debbie, what pressure!!!! Oh Lord I'd lose my mind. More power to you for being able to pull that off.

I've been right on track today. I may even finish under my calories. I've done that a few times this week, yet it seems that the scale isn't budging, and some days even goes up...a lot! I'm not sure what that is all about, and I'm trying not to put too much focus on the scale for non-weigh in days. I do it to keep on track and for motivation mostly. I'll be really surprised if I see much of loss for tomorrow's weigh in. It's sad, too, because most of the week I've stayed right on target. Even when I splurged it usually stayed within my calorie goal.

The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe I need to adjust my calories. However, I don't think I've lost enough weight to have to go down in calories yet. I'm only down 10 or so lbs from when I restarted. The last time I stayed on track for a good while I lost 50 lbs staying within 250 calories of where I'm at now...and that was after losing quite a bit.

So I'm kind of confused.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 10-29-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I hope that you have siblings to delegate tasks too and don't have to do it all your self. The menu sounds delicious. A 50th anniversary only comes along once. I pray for strength and serenity for you and that you can enjoy the day too.
Lisa, I am going to walk outside on good weather days and on the treadmill on
rainy or snowy days. I have to commit to some regular exercise.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I have been at this for 30 years and getting it wrong till now. My mother in law
told me I was eating too much and she was right. I live in a house with three men and even though I was eating less than them I was eating too much. Now I know what to do and it's working. Knock on wood.
Debbie, I am glad that you've got it together. If wine is a problem stop drinking wine. It's easy for me to say because I don't understand the fascination with alcohol. I have other vices. If we lived closer we could go for walks together.
LOL! I wouldn't call it a fascination! However, I do love a nice glass of red wine with friends and family. It's part of how we celebrate. A family gathering without good food and good wine....well it just wouldn't be a celebration then!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

A big congrats to those of you who showed a loss this week on the friday weigh in! (Hope, Lily, and Debbie)
And Libby...what a fantastic loss you've had over the past 2 months. Truly remarkable!!!

I only showed a 1 lb loss which is a little disappointing. Today is not such a good day. Sara needed Christmas Crack for a school party today, and of course I made a double batch so our family would have some too. I've had a few small pieces, but with it being nothing but brown sugar, butter, crackers, chocolate and nuts...those little bites would add up fast. I wouldn't even know how to log that or figure out servings. There aren't any "servings". It's just broken up into pieces.

I'm feeling a little down. I got the shaft by that Beachbody coach. I haven't heard from her in over a week, and she didn't answer my email from Sunday. I'm really sad about that because I wanted to work with her and her group. Only a lb has me frustrated. Dealing with my oldest son has me stressed. All of this has triggered a bipolar depression. Hopefully I'll be able to bounce back soon. The thing with bipolar depression is that you can't just "make yourself happy" with activities and things. It's a chemical thing caused by hormones and stuff that get out of whack. I'll do my best to think myself happy (that doesn't typically work, but I'll still try!) I'm a little stressed with Sara's tournament coming this weekend too. I'm not a social person. I'm a hermit and I like to be alone at home in my little protective cocoon.

I hope you all are having a good day!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Banned

Awww Lisa I hope things are a lil better now ...

Debbie, wow thats alot of pressure..hope u have help from siblings/family to help pull it off...yes u need champagne for sure...got make
heartfelt TOAST......good luck and enjoy the evening...make memories....

Its raining cats n dogs around here....i just wanna lay up and watch movies
Old 10-30-2015, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lisa, I hope you're feeling better now. I know sometimes it seems as if all the stress comes at once. It's hard to focus on positive eating when there are so many problems to sap our energy. I'm not naturally a social person either--but it does do me good to be social. Sometimes, though, it seems like other people take too much energy, so I understand wanting to be a hermit.
Any loss for the week is still a loss--I tell myself that all the time.

I had an appointment with the principal at my daughter's school today. My daughter, who's in third grade, is unhappy in her class, and is beginning to lose her confidence and motivation--the teacher is not so great, in my opinion. I don't know what we're going to do, but it's another stressor to think about...

I'll try to be around more, it's good for me to check in with you all.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

dschefer, sorry to hear your daughter is having problems with her teacher. Is it possible to change classes? How did the meeting go? Was any bridge made between your daughter's unhappiness in her class and how the teacher can better communicate with her? I've been there. I know how hard that is.

Debbie, how did the party go?

Becca, did you lay up and watch movies? anything good?

Libby, I really need to commit to some regular exercise too! It seems I get one injury after another that puts it off. And, let's face it...I hate exercising.

I just want to throw this out there...

I haven't posted on Facebook since Monday, and not one of my 80 something friends has noticed my absence. I miss posting on here one day (where there's only a handful of people) and I've got messages in my inbox asking how things are going. You guys are awesome. Just sayin'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.