Notices

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Old 10-18-2015, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

12:30 a.m. my time, so I can say Happy Monday! Is everyone ready for another week? A few of us tripped up a little bit here and there, but imo that's to be expected. We are not perfect. Strive to be the best you can be each day, and you will find your success. I thought this was appropriate:

It's not about being the best.
It's about being better than you were yesterday.

and another one for your Monday morning:

Every morning is a chance at a new day. (Marjorie Hinckley)

Let's keep the motivation and support at a high level as it's been. I love that it's been that way!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:50 PM
FitDay Member

I exercised last night again. I got out my yoga mat, and got my chair ready in case I made it to the lunges section (I use it for stability). Well, I didn't make it to the lunges, but I did go one section longer than I did the other day. I made it 1/4 of the way through the workout. I know that's not hardly anything in the grand scheme of things, but damn it, I accomplished it and it was good for me. I'm very fat, stiff and out of shape. The airplanes (you stand with your arms straight out and then bend from one side to the other) really kinda hurt my sides, but I kept trying to go as far as I could without it hurting too badly. The plies are tough too. And so is the arm work. Heck...the whole thing is hard! lol

I took my measurements today. I recommend that everyone take their measurements once every month or two. The scale might not be as nice to us as we'd like or expect, and measurements are proof of your progress.

My goals for this week:

1. exercise 4 times and make it 1/2 way through the 1st Slim in 6 workout.
2. continue drinking water
3. continue drinking less and less soda (I'm doing very well with this, btw)

My challenge goal has me losing 2 lbs every week until January 4th. In addition, my long term goal of getting down to 150 lbs by 12/31/2016 has me losing 1.8 lbs every week. These sound like very lofty goals, and they are. But I've got to push myself. I can't be complacent and just go with whatever happens. I need this. I've got to work hard for it. And I think the only way to make this all happen is to continue to increase my exercise and do it on a regular basis. One week I might not lose any (like Thanksgiving week or Christmas week), but other weeks if I work super hard I may lose 4 to make up for it.

I'm feeling very motivated, and you all are a big part of the reason for my attitude turn around. I like feeling this way, and I want it to keep going (and going and going...the energizer bunny).

I hope everyone has a great week in your journey, home, work, school, etc.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Just checking in as I said I would. I missed my goal by a long shot. I'm at 210.2.
I'll give myself to next Monday to get down to 208.0
Old 10-19-2015, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

I like the quote for today. I did trip up. Yesterday was actually the beginning of clean eating again. I went to Chili's and had the fajitas minus the wraps and the dairy, I went to the movies and only had water. So actually if I do as well as yesterday, I'm OK.

Goals:
Clean diet: no dairy, no sugar, no gluten at least until I get my health under control
Be aware of my water.
Move.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

I'll get my measurements on Wednesday morning just because I'm too busy right now to find a tape measure.

I voted this morning. Not wanting to get into political issues, suffice it to say that Canada is between a rock and a hard place. Enough said.

I am waiting for the call to come in to work this morning. From here on in it will be 6 days a week until I have to go look after my mom again. So, with that said, here is the plan:

Today - drive to work, drive home for lunch break, walk back after lunch, and walk home after work.

Tuesday - walk to work in the morning, walk back for lunch break, drive back for afternoon.

Wednesday - Walk to work with a lunch, walk home after work

Thursday - Walk to work with a lunch, walk home after work

Friday and Saturday - depends on whether my van is first or second in the driveway.

I will worry about my menu once I get into the groove of timing. It is a 15-20 walk to the farm. Besides working there, I still have to do all the home stuff too, like cooking, dishes, laundry, shopping, etc. Cooking might have to suffer a bit.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm in for another week....although honestly I'm struggling today with a low mood. Another night of insomnia had me tired all day. Oh how I wish I could have stayed in bed this morning! 😴 If only I would win the lottery so I wouldn't have to work anymore! One can wish...right the cold weather is here so I dug out my warmer jackets....only to find out I can no longer do them up! BUT....I know we're keeping things positive, so I'm not here to whine or cry (maybe a little whimpering 😩 ) I will own it! I've been straying for so long and this is the results! Onward and upward troops! Let's gut 'ear dun!

Lisa - you're doing so well staying on track! I love the quote today! Thank you for that! I'm going to do my best to remind myself everyday to aim higher than the day before!

Mike - I'm glad you checked in and stayed accountable to yourself. That's half the battle! Keep at it! You'll see 208 soon!

Hope - sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I can sympathize! My Crohns has been flaring up....not fun. It's been a long while since I've been this bad off. Brighter days ahead right!

Annette - I have to say I felt confident with my vote tonight, however, I do agree with the 'rock and a hard place' comment. It's going to be a really tight race! Guess we'll know soon enough which party got the votes today!

Have a good evening all
Old 10-19-2015, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie so sorry to hear. That is a terrible condition. I hope you feel better really quickly.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I was retaining water yesterday and my weight is down this morning so I adjusted my Monday weigh in. If I can stay away from salty foods my Friday weigh in should be better. My right foot and hip are giving me pain so I am not doing much walking. We drove to vote yesterday but the plan was to walk up and back. I am doing a minimum of work around the house and resting in between. The weather has turned cold and windy and we had snow on the ground on Sunday morning. I don't like winter and just want to hibernate.
Ha maybe if I slept for 4 months I would wake up skinny.

Last edited by libby135; 10-20-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default A little morning motivation and perspective!

Old 10-20-2015, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I had Lisa's motivational quote on my mind as I went to sleep last night...

It's not about being the best.
It's about being better than you were yesterday.

...and promised myself that I would wake up today and be better than I was yesterday. I got up this morning a little earlier than usual, weighed in and did 20minutes on the elliptical. I miss morning workouts because they used to leave me feeling like I had accomplished something for myself before all my other responsibilities took over. I've spent too much time beating myself up and forgetting that I have a responsibility to myself too!! I'm the only person who can take care of my body and mind. I haven't been getting up regularly to exercise because I sleep terribly most nights...but I'm sleeping terribly partly because I'm not exercising regularly. It's a vicious cycle...one that I'm determined to break. The only times in my life when I've been consistent with exercise has been when I do it first thing in the morning. Also, I've come to realize that staying off the scale hasn't been a good strategy. No more burying my head in the sand and hoping for the best. I got on the scale this morning and was up 1.6 lbs. from my highest weight so I now have a new highest weight. That's okay...today is where I start....each day is a new day, so let's see where today takes me.

Libby - I was going to walk to vote yesterday too, but my stomach was soooo off that I was afraid to be too far from home. What a surprise this morning!! Not only a new party, but a majority government! I didn't see that coming...I thought for sure it would be a minority government. Interesting times I'll be joining you on the Friday weigh in again now that I've pulled my head out of the sand once again! LOL!

Hope - I'm one of the lucky ones. I know others with Crohn's that are so much worse off than me! I really find regular exercise helps me manage without medical intervention. I think it helps to manage stress as well as aid digestion....two things that are imperative for me! How are you feeling today? I guess dairy, sugar and gluten all affect your fibro symptoms?

Lisa - How is the Slim in Six going? I know it's so tough to get moving after we've not exercised regularly for a long time, but it will get easier!

Have a great day all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.