Notices

Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Old 10-12-2015, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Happy Monday! How are all of you doing?
Ready for another week? Let's go!

Today is day 1 of ttotm. yea. I feel bloated and achy and tired. I'm starting my day off right, though, rather than in the pantry and any junk food. I've got my atkins with milk right here, and man is it delicious. After last week's fantastic loss I'm super excited to see where I can get to this week. I had one "bad" day over the weekend, and it wasn't even that terrible. Between the salt of the subway cold cut sandwich and aunt flo my weight is up terribly today. I know that I did NOT eat enough to warrant a 1.5 lb gain since yesterday (when I weighed the same as Friday). So I am not going to get that upset over it. I know that it's from the salt and monthly bloat, and I know that it will come off in a few days. (I hope!)

Everybody, have a great day!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, Lisa, I wouldn't worry. That is TOTM and sodium weight and will be gone soon. You got this.

I want to keep going ,walking, slow and steady, eat clean, drink more water. And remain POSITIVE.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

It's a new week and I am so glad that the feasting is over.
Debbie, I only had company over for half a day and I am worn out. Has your company gone home yet? I hope that you did better than I did with all the tempting food in the house. I will get back on track tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

I always seem to miss the boat with regards to the new week

You're all doing great--and you made it through Thanksgiving! I seriously doubt I could have made it through it with guests and food galore.

I did well yesterday, but only dropped 0.2 lb, probably because I had a ton of vegetables (lots of fiber).

Based on how some of you (Lisa?) talked about the Atkins shake, I have decided to try them. Sometimes I need the feeling of satiation to get through an activity. My brain doesn't work right when I'm blood sugar deprived

Best to you all for this week--we can do this together!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

I can't believe it's Tuesday already. I am still cleaning up pots and pans and
washing the table cloth and towels, putting the good stuff away till the next time we have company. We had a lovely visit with family and we all live within
fifteen miles of each other so we should get together more often.
Our Guild is having a Quilt show on Friday and Saturday this week. It promises to be a very good show from what quilts I have seen. There are going to be over two hundred quilts on display and others for auction. We will also have vendors with quilt related items for sale so I am looking forward to going to the show. It's good to have hobbies that are not food related.
I hope to have another good weigh in on Friday if I can only stay away from the goodies in the house. Have a good week.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

dschefer...the atkins I drink are very good. I can't attest to all the flavors as I stick to the dark chocolate royale or something like that. The shakes alone are too sweet for me. I pour it in a glass and mix in 1 cup of milk. When I do that they are absolutely perfect.

Libby, I don't envy all the work you've done this past week (and are still continuing to do!), but getting together with family and friends is a great thing. Have fun at the quilt show! I sew and I've always wanted to learn quilting, but I don't think I have the patience for it. I wish I did because quilts can be beautiful. I agree that having non food related hobbies is very helpful. busy hands can't eat food.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm back for another week My guests left yesterday and then I was with my parents and the rest of the family for the day. We always do it potluck style so nobody is stuck doing all the work. Although I did manage to get in quite a bit of exercise last week, I know I've undone any good I did this past weekend. So hard to stay on track with guests! It is what it is and I'm just planning on dusting myself off and getting right back on track Have my workouts planned for the week, but today I'm taking it easy. I'm so tired!

I'll be back later to catch up with everyone....but right now I've gotta run!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Just getting back from a local YMCA and getting set up with an exercise program of classes, exercise machines and freeweights. I did better on the initial testing phase than I expected. My BMI has gone down from over 68 to 45, BP is much lower and flexibility is greatly improved. Trying to eat healthier and move more does have benefits!

There are several classes (like kickboxing) I'd love to attend, but I know that I'm not ready for them physically just yet, but in time, maybe so. Until then, I will do everything I can! Vicki
Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - Thanks for getting us started for another week! Good job keeping a level head with the whole bloat thing....you're right...it will come off in a few days! Keep up the great work Lisa!

Hope - Sounds like you have some good goals for the week ahead!

Libby - Our company arrived at 4:00 Friday...right when I was coming home from work. They left after breakfast on Monday. It was a lot of work cooking for everyone...and expensive too! But we had a nice visit, so it was all worth it. I am completely exhausted today! Sadly, I didn't do any better than you. I was waaaaaaaaaaay off track this weekend, but that's okay. We'll just get back on track and keep on truckin'

dschefer - Funny, I was just reading Lisa's post and found myself wondering about Atkins shakes too. She sure does make them sound delish! Let us know if you do try them and what you think of them!

Vicki - As always, you inspire me. That's fantastic that you're doing what you can for now...even if it isn't the classes you want to try. I can't wait to read your posts to see what you've accomplished. I have no doubt in my mind that you will reach your goal!

Mike - Come out, come out, where ever you are! Any goals for the week?

Have a great evening all!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

omg I'm cramping so badly still. ugh. I just want to stay in bed all day...and I probably will. Well, late last night Sara, my younger daughter who also started her time this weekend, was begging me to go get ice cream. I had been telling her no all weekend. Needless to say, I gave in. And I had some too. I know. I'm so ashamed of myself. But, today I'm on the right track with water, an atkins with milk and a little french bread...166 calories worth. Tonight for dinner we are having sesame chicken and fried rice. I calculated the recipe for the whole dinner, and the calories are good. I still have over 400 left on my day so we'll see if I can make it through or if I need a fix of something later tonight.

Vicki, you're doing so well getting involved in some classes. The kickboxing and other classes that seem too difficult for you now will be possible very soon if you keep up the way you are. Great going!

Debbie, it's expected to derail during a holiday dinner. Just have to get up the next day and get back to reality, right? So glad you enjoyed your dinner and guests.

Hope,
I want to remain positive right along with you! We got this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.