Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Old 10-09-2015, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
farm eggs with zucchini and goat cheese, honeydew - yes
soup and fruit
roast chicken, small baked potato and veg

Nuts
fresh hummus and carrots and rice crackers ( 1 portion)
apple and peanut butter
dried figs
pickles
Old 10-09-2015, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

The first time I stepped on the scale it said 183.6. I knew I was working hard this week but it was too good to be true so I stepped on a second time and a third time and it said 185.1. Now that made sense.
Good job Lisa You cut out the pop and McD's and it paid off.
Lily, I just saw your weigh in. Good job.
This is Thanks Giving week end and Monday is challenge weigh in. Stay safe.

Last edited by libby135; 10-09-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Down 1.4# to 209.6, it's a start.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Mike.
The scale read 184 this morning and coincidentally that was my weight on October 10, 2014. At least now I am heading in the right direction, down instead of up. Soon I will be into the 170's again. I feel as if I can do it this time. Tomorrow is Thanks Giving and I have a lot to be thankful for especially all the good people on this site. I wouldn't be succeeding without you.
Have a good weekend.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby, hope you had a good Thanksgiving! You've made me begin to think about planning ours in November. It will be sort of weird this year with no family around (we're in WA, they're in CA), but I think we will invite a nice French family who just moved here--they might like to learn what Thanksgiving is all about.
I actually didn't even know there was a Thanksgiving in Canada before (yes, I'm a sheltered American and know little of other countries and customs), but now I will have to look up the Thanksgiving story in Canada and see if it is similar to ours.

Mike, nice to meet you. It sounds like you are determined and you're doing well.

I'm at 140 today, which makes 3 lbs lost from 6 days ago. I'm on track, though moody and impatient often. It's so nice to have this group and know that we're all dealing with the same struggles.

It's a nice day to be inside--it's very dark and rainy outside now. I'm looking forward to this coming week, when the kids are back at school. I love having them around, but the food preparation is getting to me. And I can't leave it up to my husband, or they will subsist on bread and jam

We went to a farm fair today where they had stands with pumpkins and honey and other things. The man at the honey stand kept handing me wood sticks with honey on them to taste. That was killing me--I had a sugar high within 20 seconds or so.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

I am the heaviest I have been in a while, literally too big for my britches, my jeans no longer fit!
So you can imagine how happy I was that DH made plans with a couple where the wife is sexy, exotic, always well put together, a head turner. Whereas I had a pair of baggy leggings and a toothpaste stain on my long gray sweater.
Well the thing is that these friends are also so kind and generous. He lent me two books I've been wanting to read. She took me upstairs and gave me brand new clothes and make up to keep ("Oh people gave me these...") It's as if she knew I needed a lift but did not do it in any way that made me feel self conscious; she always has only kind things to say. Meantime, I have heard women especially be very nasty about her behind her back, like who does she think she is?
Well I know who she is: a lovely loving person and great friend.
I went from feeling yucky to feeling lucky.

Still I have to get on it. I have to take a page from Mike's book and lose some of this weight. I took the challenge; now it is time to take it seriously.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, so glad you had a loving friend to lift your spirits. We're all in this together and we're here for you to cheer you on.

Mike, good job on the loss!

Libby, yea for you going in the right direction!

dschefer, great going on the 3 lbs down. That's significant in just 6 days.

I did not stay on track today. It's a weird weekend because of the tournament, especially since it was at a venue where you're not allowed to bring any outside food or drinks in. I don't know what Monday's weigh in will bring. This weekend is an anomaly, though. it won't be like this all the time.

Also, I fell on the stairs today. 264lbs is a lot of weight to fall on a wrist and a knee. I'm very sore.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 10-10-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I am the heaviest I have been in a while, literally too big for my britches, my jeans no longer fit!
So you can imagine how happy I was that DH made plans with a couple where the wife is sexy, exotic, always well put together, a head turner. Whereas I had a pair of baggy leggings and a toothpaste stain on my long gray sweater.
Well the thing is that these friends are also so kind and generous. He lent me two books I've been wanting to read. She took me upstairs and gave me brand new clothes and make up to keep ("Oh people gave me these...") It's as if she knew I needed a lift but did not do it in any way that made me feel self conscious; she always has only kind things to say. Meantime, I have heard women especially be very nasty about her behind her back, like who does she think she is?
Well I know who she is: a lovely loving person and great friend.
I went from feeling yucky to feeling lucky.

Still I have to get on it. I have to take a page from Mike's book and lose some of this weight. I took the challenge; now it is time to take it seriously.
This is such a lovely post!!! All too often, I hear women being mean to one another, dragging someone down...it's nice to read such a positive post especially about a woman you feel is so visually perfect. It's heart warming to read about a beauty beyond the surface. Sounds like she's not only beautiful n the outside, but beautiful on the inside too!! Sounds like you have a very good friend
Old 10-11-2015, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Just checking in real quick...we still have company so I can't be on here too long. I've had a lot of unstructured exercise over the past few days...bt I've also not tracked food and drank too much wine with our meal...sooo many calories but I just love a nice glass of wine! Anyway......tomorrow is Thanksgiving with my family and then it's life as usual so I'll be back on track. I'm determined dammit!!

Lisa - Sorry to hear you had a fall!! I hope you're n the mend!!?!!?!?

Hope - I'm at an all time high too...and NOTHING fits...not just my pants but my bras, rings, tops....even my freakin' underwear!!! Ughhh! My socks are still good...does thaqt count! LOL! Lets just stay focused during Lisa's challenge and see where we can get by January. Hang tough buddy...you are not alone!!

dschefer - Congrats on the 3 lbs.! I'm glad you found our little group and that you're finding some camaraderie and motivation here How old are your children? I have two kids...8 and 9

Mike - Yes, it's a start!! We all have to start (and sometimes unfortunately restart!) somewhere. You've got this in you! You did it before ands you can do it again!! I'm in the same boat...having gained all that I lost. I look forward to the time when we are both back in the gym and can chat about that!

Libby - Hope you are having a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend my fellow Canuck! You did a great job this week!!! Let's keep that momentum going!!

Have a great evening all!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Lisa and Debbie. She is a good friend. DH once said we always hear complaints;; it's nice to here the good stuff. That's why, he said, if someone helps in a store, he mentions it to the manager. I did that buying sneakers, freaked the manager out! She was ready for griping. Good friends deserve appreciation.

Debbie, you made me laugh about the socks. Even my socks don't fit! I am in a frump slump! My friend inspired me to try to pull myself out of it.

And you guys do help. So much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.