Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12 >

Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Old 10-08-2015, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I think this is a very positive group so nobody ever has to apologize for being negative; we all have our challenges.

Lisa, I understand your concerns about loose skin but I think you're doing a great job. I was so glad to hear about the reduced soda intake.

Debbie, you deserve to have solitude. We all need it and I'm sure the other mom of young kids understood. Good for you for claiming your time! You are also an inspiration for me in your attitude re " messing up." Yesterday when I got on the scale, I found I had lost 3 pounds since starting the weight loss challenge. I was so thrilled! But today I got on and found I'd gained half back. I have to take anti-inflammatories which mess with my stomach so I ate last night- more than I should have. BU I guess I have to say ne day, new start. But I am seeing a friend and thought I wish she could have seen me at that lower weight- as if she'd care!

Vicki: DD took Zumba and loved it. I have zero rhythm. If I could take it physically, maybe I would try. For now, I am up to tiny baby walks. I went up to 15 minutes ( total) and felt it in my hip s at 6 am. I can't even imagine Zumba!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Plan for 10/8/15

Lemon water
Breakfast: oatmeal with coconut, banana and walnuts
Lunch: soup - escarole or chicken gnocchi or a little of both
Dinner: Salmon, lentils, veg
Snack
apple
nuts
hb egg
dried figs
limited rice crackers and goat cheese

It's easier for me to plan because DD is at school and DH and I mostly eat dinner, occasionally lunch together so mostly it's only me If I don't plan, havoc ensues lol....
Old 10-08-2015, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

I took the turkey out of the freezer and put it in the fridge last night. Hopefully it will be thawed out by Sunday morning. Today I have a table cloth to hem and some knick knacks to dust and the bath rooms to clean. The biggest problem lately is looking after the dog. She has taken to messing in the house. She is old and deaf, has allergies and doesn't move around that well any more. I don't think she will live through another winter. It's very sad.
Her background story is she was abandoned in an apartment when her owner moved out and the humane society rescued her. She has been in two other homes since then so it's no wonder she has abandonment issues. She has been with us for 14 years and is my shadow. I have to keep my eye on her like a hawk or she makes a mess.
I peeked at the scale today and it finally moved so I am good to go for Friday and Monday's challenge. I just need to keep working as hard as I have been.
There are always jobs around the house to tackle. I hope every one has a great day.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, looks like another great day planned!

Debbie, good attitude about getting off track and getting right back on. We all have our moments of struggle, but it's the long term that matters the most. You are doing so well, and I'm glad you have found time for yourself.

Libby, so sad about your dog. Ours is a rescue dog as well and she has her quirks. It makes me wonder what her previous owners did to her besides abandon her and her new puppies in a sealed up garage in the middle of the arizona summer with no food or water. It's sad to think that yours doesn't have much longer. At least she has had 14 years of being loved and in a good home.

Vicki, good for you for giving Zumba a go. I have no rhythm or dance abilities. I went to a friends Zumba class and watched for about 5 minutes. I knew there was no way I'd be able to keep up with that class. At least you tried! Light N Low class seemed to be a good class though. Sounds like my Slim in 6 video that I've done. It's very low impact and not very complicated but it is truly a workout.

I am trying very hard to keep going and finish my week just as strong as I started it. I almost gave in this morning and had a McD's breakfast sandwich. But I just imagined entering those calories on my log and thinking about how much I wouldn't like it. It made the sandwich less appealing and I was able to say no to myself. Consistency has been difficult for me, but I'm in a groove right now.

I did give in last night and have a soda. I'm still doing so amazing with the water though, and I'm excited about that.

I don't know how much I'll be in over the weekend. Sara has a softball tournament this weekend. Although I think I heard dh say they only have 2 games scheduled for Saturday, so maybe it won't be as grueling as the day they played 4 games and didn't get done until 10:30 at night.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

I have a box of chocolate mint girl guide cookies in the freezer. Tonight I opened the box and had one cookie 60 calories as a treat for abstaining from goodies for three weeks. Frozen cookies take longer to eat and one was enough. We were running errands so I didn't get anything on my list done today. I had to get thread to hem the table cloth and my husband dropped me off in town to visit with a friend and I walked home from there so I did get a short walk in today. Tomorrow is Friday weigh in.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! So my weekend guests arrive tomorrow, so tonight I have been frantically trying to get the house clean and laundry done. I planned the meals for the next 3 days and my husband is picking up the groceries. I did manage to get in a walk this evening and a core workout, but I didn't feel as relaxed on the walk with all the things on my to do list! I may not be checking in this weekend with having company and all....kinda rude to sit on the computer. We'll see if I have a moment alone...if so I'll check in

Accountability check in!

Weekly Goals:
1) Count points daily - Mon-yes, Tues-yes, Wed...was on track...then then went off track in the evening, Thurs-yes
2) 4 20-30 min cardio workouts - Mon-30 min. elliptical, Wed-30 min. spinning, BONUS EXERCISE! Tues-60 min. walk, Thurs-50 min. walk
3) 3 core workouts - Tues-yes, Thurs-yes
4) 64 oz. water daily - Mon-64 oz., Tues - 32 oz. Wed-64 oz., Thurs.-64 oz.

Hope - Funny you should mention that you wished your friend saw you at your lower weight (I know you were kind of joking)....I've been pondering lately how I tie my self worth to my weight...and I kind of isolate myself from others when I'm feeling not so fit....but when I'm feeling more fit, I'm more outgoing and friendly and more likely to accept invitations out with friends. I think I should remind myself that my friends care about me as a person and not about my weight...right?!!? Hope you had a good visit with your friend today!

Libby - What control...only having one cookie! Good job...hope you enjoyed it Hope you enjoyed your walk home today...the weather across the province was beautiful today!

Lisa - Ooooh...you showed great control today as well forgoing the McD's sandwich! Good job!! You just keep in the groove....it's going to pay off!! Hope Sara and her team do well in the tournament this weekend!!

K...gotta run...I have sooo much to do before I go to bed tonight!! How I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow....but the bills and the house won't pay themselves
Old 10-08-2015, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

Checking back in with you all--have been so busy today and now I'm really tired...I'm staying with the plan, but I do like to have a beer in the evening with my husband. Tomorrow the kids have the day off from school (Professional Development Day) so we'll probably go somewhere fun. My husband has to work though, and my 10-year-old has ballet at 4pm anyway.

Debbie, it sounds like you're doing really well! Have a good time with your guests, and don't stress out! I know, easier said than done, but it's great that you've even planned all the meals--I don't think I've ever made it that far

Hope, I also find it interesting to think about being at a lower weight, because I think I would have more confidence. But I think many people do look on the outside. The thing is, I don't really care about getting to know those people.

Libby, I want a thin mint---that sounds so good right now...and frozen, even better!
And I am sad for your doggie--you provided a good home for him for a long time, though.

Vicki nice to meet you! I love Zumba--I have a friend who is a Zumba instructor. I went to her class, and I couldn't believe the workout! I also have two left feet, but I still enjoy it.

So, I suppose I could post my weight tomorrow again
Old 10-09-2015, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default I finally got a scale!!

Okay the good, bad and ugly.

I weighed in at 211.0, which is no surprise. I've had a long time of slacking to gain it all back.

I'm super busy so I probably won't be around much over the next week, but I'm making a goal....

Get down to 205.0 by 10/9/15 (6 pounds in about a week and a half). I can't really say it's a "goal", because it's GOING to happen. I'll report back when I can with my updated weight.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, great job on just one cookie. And congrats on the awesome weight loss this week! woot woot!

Debbie, enjoy your company.

Mike, I have no doubt you will lose the 6 lbs in 1.5 weeks. When you set your mind to it, you can accomplish it.

I'M SO EXCITED! My hard work has paid off. I've had a whopping 4.2lb loss this week!!! omg, there were times when I was feeling really hungry and wanted to eat the entire pantry, but I remained rational and made good choices. It is so exciting to be rewarded for doing well. I'm on a roll. I'm super motivated to stay on track this weekend (weekends are the hardest) so I have a good weigh in on Monday for the Challenge check in.

I think one of the best things I've been doing is having an Atkins with milk in the morning and late evening. They are only 270 calories but have lots of protein and fiber to help me feel full for quite a while, while at the same time giving me a sweet, chocolate fix. Oh! And let's not forget almost no soda at all this week. That makes a HUGE difference in my calorie and nutritional counts over the week.

I can't remember the number of times I've talked myself out of not going through the McD's drive thru. Especially now that they are serving all day breakfast. Sausage Egg McMuffins are a particular weakness. I've done so well with sticking to my food plan.

Giving myself a giant pat on the back.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, You deserve that pat on the back!!! Way to go! so glad you are controlling the soda and drive thru urges. Taking charge of your health! You're an inspiration to those of us who share these temptations.

Debbie, sadly I wasn't joking. I really do base my self worth on my weight sometimes and maybe that should be a goal; to love myself no matter what and to do my best to make healthy changes.

Mike, I Like that, not a goal, a reality.

Libby, I am so sorry about your dog. Sending you hugs ((((Libby))))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.