Notices

Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Old 10-07-2015, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Onto day 3 of my current 30 day stint. I have a cardio day planned today which will be spinning. I need to stay on top of the water today, I was really lacking yesterday. Last night, I went out for an hour walk...that is the most I have walked since I hurt my foot. It felt so good to be out of the house and moving! I had my ipod on with some of my fav tunes blasting away and enjoying the solitude. I ran into a friend who was also out for a walk with her kids...she invited me to join them. It may have been kind of rude, but I politely declined telling her I was just enjoying my tunes and solitude. I think she understood especially because her kids are the same age as my kids. Anyway...

Lisa - Even if you have some loose skin after you lose weight, just think how much healthier you'll be and the things you'll be able to do with ease that are difficult to do with the weight. We're all getting older so for all of us here, when we lose the weight, we won't look the way we did years ago. We will all be a new, but improved version of our 40, 50, 60 year old selves. (I don't think any of us are in our 30's here?) Here is a link to a youtube channel that I subscribe to. On this particular day, he had a woman who has lost 100+ pounds on his channel and they both talked about their weight loss journey. It's quite inspiring! Around the 13 minute mark they talk about loose skin that has resulted from their weight loss. Hopefully their words give you some inspiration and less worry about the possibility of loose skin. And like you said, there's always Spanx right! LOL! You're doing great Lisa! Keep it up girl! Just think how good you'll feel when our current challenge wraps up!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, 60 minutes of solitude is worth a million. So glad you enjoyed your "you time"! I will check out that link. I edited my post if you'd like to go back and read the update. I sincerely apologize for coming across as negative. Yes, I will be the proud owner of a wardrobe of Spanx! lol Maybe when I turn 50 (seems like a good milestone birthday) I'll treat myself to a tummy tuck and then rock a crop top and some hip huggers.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike - I'm forgoing the scale for the next 30 days and just focusing on food and exercise. Regardless of weighing or not, it's good to see you posting your goals. So what's on tap for this week?
Goals? I'm open to suggestions.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Debbie, 60 minutes of solitude is worth a million. So glad you enjoyed your "you time"! I will check out that link. I edited my post if you'd like to go back and read the update. I sincerely apologize for coming across as negative. Yes, I will be the proud owner of a wardrobe of Spanx! lol Maybe when I turn 50 (seems like a good milestone birthday) I'll treat myself to a tummy tuck and then rock a crop top and some hip huggers.
I completely and utterly enjoyed my "me time"! See...I'm taking your suggestions and checking in with myself and taking time for me. So easy to make myself the last priority with having a young family and working full time. So thank you for urging me to take time for myself I don't think your post came across negative at all! I too love the positive vibe that's going on here, but it's also okay to talk about personal struggles...can't all be sunshine and rainbows! And if it makes you feel any better, I already own shape wear!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Goals? I'm open to suggestions.
How about you join us in the challenge thread and set yourself a longer term goal?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in!

Weekly Goals:
1) Count points daily - Mon-yes, Tues-yes, Wed...was on track...then then went off track in the evening
2) 4 20-30 min cardio workouts - Mon-30 min. elliptical, Wed-30 min. spinning, BONUS EXERCISE! Tues-60 min. walk
3) 3 core workouts - Tues-yes
4) 64 oz. water daily - Mon-64 oz., Tues - 32 oz. Wed-64 oz.

Last edited by lildebbieg; 10-08-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Today was very busy again, moving more furniture and dusting. My calories were under 1000 and I am feeling fine with that. On the other hand the scale is not moving and it's frustrating. I was doing well before the challenge and now I feel like I am jinxed. I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe I will
wait till 30 days are up before I weigh in again.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Since Sunday I have had 1/2 of 1 soda. The rest has been water. I can't believe it myself! The scale is being my best friend this week.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

I did something different--yesterday I went to a Zumba class--I found out I have two left feet and don't know what to do with either one of them! Ballroom dancing was EASY compared to Zumba and my parts and pieces don't 'shake, rattle and roll' like they supposed to doing Zumba. I seriously doubt I have any Latin or African blood in me 'cause I sure made a mess of that class!

Today I went to a Light-N-Low class. It was supposed to be low impact and light exertion for those with joint issues--It was low impact but believe me, we WORKED! It was definitely a WORKOUT!

Tomorrow is the AOA class--Active Older Adults--ain't no telling what I may be doing in that class!

Vicki
Old 10-08-2015, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all After messing up last night, I'm planning to be back on track today. No messing up today! LOL! I'm planning to do a core workout today and get outside this evening for another nice walk...with my tunes of course Even though I messed up last night, the rest of the day was hella good so I'm not beating myself up and I'm still feeling positive that I'm making progress...trusting that process!

Libby - You're doing fantastic! Don't let that scale get to you and end up derailing you. Maybe you should weigh in less frequently? Maybe just focus on diet and exercise and trust that what you're doing will get you to your goal. The scale is only 1 way to measure success. You should also measure your success by the work you're putting in.

Lisa - That's awesome that you've cut way back on soda! Glad the scale is being kind

Vicki - I tried Zumba years ago and thought I would like it, but I really didn't. I used to take ballet and jazz so I figured I'd be able to follow along easily...but I was wrong! I too felt like I had two left feet! Awful experience! LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the Light-N-Low class! You'll have to let us know what you think of the AOA class!

Have a great day all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.