Notices

Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Old 10-05-2015, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Your progress picture is amazing. You look great. Your belly just disappeared. Good job. It looks like you have a home gym set up. I would like to start walking on the treadmill and weight training again, once I get down to about 275. Hopefully my back will feel better at that weight and I can do more than just pool walking.

Now you have motivated me to set up a home gym. I've been thinking about converting the dining room into one. It's much brighter than the basement and I never use it. When I have company over for dinner we always eat in the kitchen. I don't think I've eaten in that dining room since the 90s when my family was still alive. Might as well use it for something.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

I read this on a fitness forum:

Weight should be like virginity. Once you lose it, you can never get it back.

LOL
Old 10-05-2015, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm back to set some goals for the week. It's going to be tough with having house guests and Thanksgiving this coming weekend, but Í plan to do my very best to stick to the program! I've decided to dust off my old Weight Watchers stuff and count points again. I found it so much easier to remember the number of points in my favourite foods than to remember the calorie count. Also, since most veggies are 0 points, I tent to fill up on more veggies than when I have to weigh and track veggies. I'm going with this for now and see how it goes.

Weekly Goals:
1) Count points daily - Mon-yes
2) 4 20-30 min cardio workouts - Mon-30 min. elliptical
3) 3 core workouts -
4) 64 oz. water daily - Mon-64 oz.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Nikki - Glad you made your way over to the new thread "Weight should be like virginity. Once you lose it, you can never get it back." Love this!! LOL!! I have a pretty decent home gym that has taken me many years to put together. It makes it so much easier to get in a workout because the gym is always open! LOL! I have a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and a spin bike. I have kettlebells, dumbbells and a wide range of tubing. I also have things like stability ball, Reebok step, ab roller, ankle weights, dip station, etc. I have more workout dvds that any one person should ever need. I've recently been eyeing up a squat rack, barbell set and an adjustable bench. Maybe Santa will be nice and give it to me for Christmas!

dschefer - How are you? How was the juice fast today? I'll have to check out the Costco juice that you're using for this cleanse.

Mike - I'm forgoing the scale for the next 30 days and just focusing on food and exercise. Regardless of weighing or not, it's good to see you posting your goals. So what's on tap for this week?

Hope - Your menu looks yummy!! Although I've never tried a fig before? Everything else looks good!

Lisa - Even though I like water just plain, you've got me wondering what infused water tastes like. Maybe I should get an infuser too!

Libby
- Hope you had a good day!

Vicki - What kind of classes are you taking? Sorry if you've already told us....I think I missed that?

Later fitdayers
Old 10-05-2015, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

I have had a very busy day cleaning up the house and moving furniture. I have been up and down stairs more than I can count and my calories were super low because I didn't take the time to eat much. Tomorrow I am washing floors and walls, another busy day.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, sounds like you are burning lots of calories there, girl.

Debbie, the figs are dried Mission figs, really good, lots of fiber.
Goals:
1) 6 glasses water minimum - yes
2) clean diet -yes
3) Plan meals -yes

Plan for 10/5/15

Lemon water in am (very filling, plus pushing the water) YesBkft: steel cut oatmeal (also filling) with bananas, coconut flakes and walnuts - yes
Lunch: tuna hard boiled egg, carrots or salad - leftover chicken salad, hb egg
apple or orange - orange
Dinner: fish (maybe salmon) or grilled shrimp and veg - grilled snapper and broccoliSnacks:
goat cheese and rice crackers - tuna and rice crackers
trail mix - yes
smoothie -no

Last edited by canary52; 10-06-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

I'm taking a Diabetes Prevention class sponsored by a local chapter of YMCA. IT's for those who do not have diabetes yet, but have things that if unchanged can lead to it eventually. We are learning the impact diet choices, fat and calories along with exercise have on our long-term health. I've been a nurse for well over 30 years and so much more is known now than when I was in college.

I read an article about infused water today and some of the combos suggested were citrus slices (or even a combo of two or more types citrus), berries (or combos of berries), and apple slices alone or with mint or other favorite fresh herbs. Cayenne/jalapeno pepper was even suggested with fruit or cucumber! Sometimes when we go out to eat, I'll ask for water with lemon and then add a packet or two of Splenda--pretty good and better for me than DC!

Loved you comment, Nikki!

Vicki
Old 10-05-2015, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Nikki, unfortunately there's not much room for ice in the infuser bottle. maybe 1 or 2 cubes at the bottom, but that's it. Now, you could infuse the water, get it all nice and flavorful, then take out the center thing and fruit and add ice then. Great job on the 3 lbs down! That's fabulous! Love the saying you added.

Debbie, if WW works better for you than counting calories, then that's great. Any way you cut it, as long as it works and is easy for you to keep up with. I went to weight watchers briefly a looooooong time ago but they kicked me out because I was pregnant and I never went back after that. I used to do a blog about healthier recipes, and I put all the nutritional values as well as the new WW points on it after I calculated it all. Sometimes it was skewed, like once we had salmon patties and it came up on the calculator as over 20 points for 1 patty because of the fish fats. I thought that one was a little odd. Do what works for you!!!!

Hope, would I be intruding on your privacy if I ask what you calorie goal for a day is? Your menu plans always look fabulous and healthy!

Libby, you've got a lot going on! Is this all in prep for Thanksgiving and guests coming? Don't forget to eat and keep your energy up. Did you decide on any alternatives you might try for dinner, or are you just going to skip some things, or are you going to allow yourself the day and not worry about the calories for that?

Vicki, a prevention class sounds like a good thing. I could probably benefit from that. I used to have a health coach/nutritionist who helped me. I've also done a lot of reading from the Mayo Clinic and the ADA. Going to a class where it's all reinforced regularly sound like it would be really helpful. And also meeting people who are in the same situation can also be supportive too.

Just got back from shopping at the fabric store with dd for her sewing class. She's making a pillow case and some pajama pants. For those 2 projects, even with coupons, came to $33!!! holy heck! It was $47 before coupons. I almost had a heart attack. This is turning out to be a very expensive class.

On the way home I got her a Starbucks and I went to McD's and got ds a small chocolate shake. I didn't even consider getting myself anything. The thought didn't even cross my mind. And if you know me from past posts, you'll know that I'm crazy for chocolate shakes. That to me shows progress! I'm very excited about these seemingly little decisions that will make a big difference in the long run. It also makes me happy that I know I can pass things up and still live and I won't die from deprivation. Sometimes I think I will. But I won't.

I did have about 10 yogurt covered pretzels. That was my treat for the day. My pork roast and roasted potatoes/carrots/onions turned out freaking amazing. I weighed everything, and even though I was still wanting more I washed my plate off and told myself I'm done.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Lisayour self-control is laudable. It is so hard for me to just stop when I really like something, especially if it's healthy, like the pork roast and vegetables, which sound really yummy. Good for you--it sounds like you're making habit-changing decisions in small steps, which will finally add up to big changes. Good job!

Nikki good to see you here, and I agree with your comment Good for you for doing pool-walking--I'll be interested to hear about your progress. Good for you for the 3 lb loss! And great job for getting away from soda.

Libby I hate cooking right now--I hear you with all the preparation for guests--it's so hard to abstain! But good job on just walking away. I did that tonight too--though my husband and kids still think I'm a bit sick with the stomach flu. Well, I sort of am, but I could have eaten, had I wanted to...

I'll reply more to everyone later. I'm trying to make it to sleep now. That's the hardest part for me, sleeping. I'll update tomorrow on weight--I need to see a drop...

Will post more tomorrow, husband is coming to bed, and Fitday is my little secret...
Old 10-05-2015, 07:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Hi all! I'm back to set some goals for the week. It's going to be tough with having house guests and Thanksgiving this coming weekend, but Í plan to do my very best to stick to the program! I've decided to dust off my old Weight Watchers stuff and count points again. I found it so much easier to remember the number of points in my favourite foods than to remember the calorie count. Also, since most veggies are 0 points, I tent to fill up on more veggies than when I have to weigh and track veggies. I'm going with this for now and see how it goes.

Weekly Goals:
1) Count points daily - Mon-yes
2) 4 20-30 min cardio workouts - Mon-30 min. elliptical
3) 3 core workouts -
4) 64 oz. water daily - Mon-64 oz.
Debbie -
I couldn't figure why you are stressing so soon about Thanksgiving Dinner with it being over a month away the it dawned on me, you must be Canadian.

I found these recipes for a complete (low cal - 500 calorie) Thanksgiving dinner complete with all of the trimmings. There are also pictures of everything and it looks delicious. Here are the links:

9 Recipes for a Low-Calorie Thanksgiving Feast | SparkPeople

And some more from Eating Well Magazine... these mashed potatoes look delish: Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes, Menus and Cooking Tips - EatingWell

Hope they help Debbie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.