Notices

Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Old 10-04-2015, 08:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 10/5-10/12

Oh my Lord. I just typed a huge post, went to copy in case I get bumped out while trying to post, and I accidentally hit ctrl V and deleted my whole dang post. I'll try to remember what I said.

As for this week, I hope we can all continue with the great supportive vibe we've been showing. It helps me tremendously, and I'm sure it does others as well.

I'd like to invite you all to the weight loss challenge starting today and going until Jan 4, 2016. Yes, the New Year is right around the corner already. If you want to join us, go over to the new thread and start with your starting stats and some kind of exercise goal for your week, either by day or by whole week in general.

I want to tell you all about my water infuser bottle. It's amazing! I've never drank so much water so fast and so willingly AND wanted more in my life. My first combo was strawberry lemon. Soooo delicious. And I didn't even think about soda all afternoon/evening. Even when I stopped to get ds a soda I didn't get me one. Now I'm drinking strawberry/blackberry. soooo good!! I bought all kinds of fruit at the farmer's market so we can make tons of different combinations of fruit water this week.

If I can stay off soda I'll be eliminating about 800 calories a day from my menu. That's significant!! 5600 calories a week, maybe even more. That's nearly a lb a week that I'll be saving.

I don't remember all that I said before I deleted my post, so I'll have to wait to see if it comes to me. I've already typed enough.

My goals for the week:
1. Little to no soda, either regular OR diet.
2. Exercise. I just need to start. Even if I can only do 10 minutes in the beginning, I just need to start.
3. Log food every day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Let's get going!
Old 10-05-2015, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It might get quiet in here with so many of us on the challenge thread.
Come and join us. We have cookies. Just kidding.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here. Here and there.

Libby, you're so funny. And hey aren't we supposed to stay away from cookies lol?

Lisa, I hate when I lose stuff like that. It kept happening yesterday.
That infuser bottle sounds really intriguing to me. Where did you get it? Brand? Price, if I may ask? Maybe it would get me to drink more H2O. And I'm glad it may help you kick the soda habit.

Goals:
1) 6 glasses water minimum
2) clean diet
3) Plan meals

Last edited by canary52; 10-05-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. It might get quiet in here with so many of us on the challenge thread.
Come and join us. We have cookies. Just kidding.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm here....but so busy at work today. I will check back in this evening.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Busy with classes today--I'll be back later! Vicki
Old 10-05-2015, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, this is the link to the Infuzer Water Bottle. I got it on Amazon, and I think it's a great $12 investment! So well spent for me.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Lisa!

Plan for food :
Bkft:1 egg, 2 egg whites, zucchini, spinach shiitake mushrooms and dill, 1/2 orange - done
Lunch
tuna and hb egg over salad w/ homemade balsamic - turkey instead of hb egg
apple no, mushy
Dinner
grilled swordfish with veg - yes, cauliflower
Snacks:
5 figs - yes
handful of nuts - raw cashews
apple or rice cakes with almond butter - no, mushy
rice crackers with goat Brie or homemade guacamole rice crackers and Brie
plus 3 dates

Last edited by canary52; 10-05-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Hey y'all. I'm going to try to sneak in this week. Been super busy lately. My water intake has been good. Still haven't gotten a scale yet. I'll post up some goals later.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Here you are. I didn't realize a new thread started each week. Debbie came and found me on the old thread along with another new poster.

Lisa, I have that water bottle saved to my Amazon wish list. I'm going to buy it this week. It sounds great. Is there still enough room to fit ice cubes in there?

And here was my post to you all that I left on the old thread (not realizing a new one had begun:

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby135
View Post
I have a problem with hosting Thanksgiving dinner and preparing a lot of foods that I consider off my diet right now. ...... Do you have any ideas for healthy menu items that I can make
or even a web site with better options that won't break my calorie limit?

Libby - I'm always on recipe sites. I will take a look around and see if I can find one with some lightened up dishes. And way to 'toss your cookies' so to speak! I read somewhere that the more you overcome a craving, the less powerful the craving becomes in the future.

Debbie - RE: Your kids comments - Kids just don't think sometimes. Of course it's not just kids. But don't let them get you down. Let's face it, people age and change over time whether they've got a weight problem or not. It's just a natural part of aging. I posted on another thread how some woman made a comment that my face looked older since I lost some weight. It's times like those when goal-setting is most beneficial, because when others say things that take the wind out of our sails, we can look back at the goals we've set and what we've already accomplished. Hang in there. You are doing great. Don't let others bring you down.

Rosabella - It's nice to meet you! Wow... you've lost over 120 pounds. That is wonderful. Congratulations to you. I bet you feel like a new person and I can hear the pride coming out in your post. You should be proud. That is quite an accomplishment. I will be going to the doctor in 2 weeks for the for the 1st time in 8 years. I know...I know... I should be getting regular check-ups but I was so disgusted and embarrassed by the weight I had RE-gained I just put it off. I know the doctor has the responsibility to read me the riot act b/c of my weight but I hope she at least recognizes what I've accomplished since March. Right now I'm on a high since I've seen some success with my weight loss and I don't want to leave there deflated and depressed. With my weight being what it is, I've worried about diabetes myself. I'm sure that's something the doctor will check for during my physical. So nice to meet you. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing you post.

Lisa - Way to eliminate the soda. When I first began this diet back in March, soda was something I missed most. I cut it out but I was craving that fizz to my drinks so I just got some seltzer water and added that to my Crystal Light Lemonade mix. Now I just cut it out completely and don't really miss it at all.

I weighed in today for the week. I lost another 3 pounds which brings me down to 311. I have 2 scales. One is the digital scale that talks. I like this scale best because it shows weight in 2 tenth's of a pound increments, but I also have one of those tall Drs scales where you slide the bars to set the weight. With every 50 pounds I lose I get to slide the big bar down to the next 50 pound notch. That means that once I lose 12 more pounds (bringing me to 299, I will get to slide the big bar from the 300 mark, over to the 250 mark. I call those my "big clicks". It's really motivational for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.